Have Jordans jumped the shark?

depends on the individuals style to me.

like a certain way of rocking jordans has jumped the shark for me. emphasis on for me.

for example dj envy....THAT way of rocking jordans is played out to me. its too easy and its everywhere. that dtlr jimmy jazz outfit

but when i see someone rocking casual clothes...like non hype beast clothes...could be a sweater and some jeans...and they got on 4s or 5s or 6s....thats still looks cool to me.

like this

View media item 2264585View media item 2264586

same with boost. if u got that hype beast fit i wouldn't eem look in that direction because i see it all the time.

when its unexpected tho its unique.

the classic jordans 1 thru 14....i don't think they will ever get played out.

im sick of seeing yeezy boosts.

Them two look like clowns to me.

How do you give your opinion on something if you don't know about it though. We're not talking about surface level aesthetic value like liking a color. Like if someone said "ASAP mob is wack" but only heard 2 songs from them, could you value their opinion?

i think i said this in a previous thread but my neighbor has a 12 year old kid who has started to get into sneakers.

he wasn't even alive when jordan played lol.

he just knows "jordans" are whats hot in da streets lol.

Last edited:
I won't say you had to watch Jordan play or play basket ball to appreciate jordans (even though my love for them comes from both these things) but something that has a legacy that was around before you, you owe it to yourself to do research on the history.

Like I wouldn't tell someone they can't listen to Michael Jackson now because you didn't listen to him back in the 80's. People can't control when they were brought into this earth.....just don't tell me you're a fan if you've never seen "The making of Thriller"

How do you give your opinion on something if you don't know about it though. We're not talking about surface level aesthetic value like liking a color. Like if someone said "ASAP mob is wack" but only heard 2 songs from them, could you value their opinion?

wearing someone's shoes or shirts =/= trying to debate about their work

unless i missed something i only really started paying attention this page

i think i said this in a previous thread but my neighbor has a 12 year old kid who has started to get into sneakers.

he wasn't even alive when jordan played lol.

he just knows "jordans" are whats hot in da streets lol.

exactly

it's corny to say he can't wear jordan's unless he does a book report on his triple doubles throughout his career or some ****

it's okay for Jordan's to just be something cool to kids without any link to Mike

i'd bet more kids rock Jordans because of a rapper than Jordan

if i wasnt nostalgically connected to kicks my *** definitely wouldn't be dropping coin on em thats for sure...

That's odd as hell to me.

You wouldn't just like the way 3's look even if you didn't have formative memories of MJ playing?

At the end of the day some of them are just good looking sneakers beyond Mike's legacy.

Last edited:
So....When fitteds were poppin, y'all are telling me you watched and knew about every MLB team you had a fitted for? :lol:

I highly doubt it.

Yep

Bammas out here rocking Fitteds bc it matches.

Got into a debate at a bar last night with a dude. Homeboy was rocking a raiders cap but screaming he was a eagles fan. Which you already know lead to half the spot roasting him.

Last edited:

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

so if you only like the shoe because of Jordan and not how it actually looks does that make you better or worse than kids who thought Roshes were lame once the Yeezy Boosts came out (or otherwise are only buying the Yeezy Boosts because of the Ye association and not based on whether or not they like the actual shoe)?

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
laugh.gif

One thing I hate is when people try to slander those who collect Jays as adults.

Let them dudes cook Mayne....

For me, at 27, when I saw the same shoe come out multiple times, I was donezo

When I saw I could get just as many yambs with some $40 nikes vs $200 Jays, I was donezo

When the velocity of the shoes coming out sped up, I was donezo.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, doe... I worked in Footlocker for 5 years and got very jaded towards kicks and the way people (dudes) acted towards them. Hadn't copped a pair since 2011, or kicks in general since 2012.

I'm 27 too. I haven't bought sneakers in a year. I just have way too many bills and expenses to track down every release like i did when i was a teenager and young adult...

is a person heavily into the NBA required to have seen Jerry West play? or know who he is?

would they get a sideeye if they didnt?
Is that you Stretch Armstrong? :lol: @ that reach.

If that's the analogy you came up with from what I posted; I can't do nothing for you man.

I went to a restaurant yesterday and this kid was going on about how much he loved Jordans and how he has every pair. I asked him did he see any games, and he gave me the stone face. Never seen one. Doesn't even know what MJ looks like. I just shook my head and walked away. It truly...broke my heart. Lol

Sound like a 50 year grandfather....

I still see a fair share of youngins wearing Js. I'm mainly surprised by how many shoes come out every month now. It seems higher than it was when I was last actively copping in the late 2000s/early 2010s It seems like there's always some retro heat that's out. Its been years since Ive bought any Js, I can't justify their current price point when I don't wear sneakers or go out as much as I use to. They would get worn a few times a month and sit in a box.

My question is, how long are general release retro Js sitting? Is it only some of them that sit?

Last edited:
The main reason I dont buy as many mikes as before is they cost too ****** much. I got them jams but that is because I was too lazy to go get them in 09. Dont care about true blues or aqua 8s ect because I dont cop the same pair twice. Every pair I ever got represents a certain time in my life.

When you see a redesigned retro going for 200+ and they were 149 plus tax.... weren't the retro 1s like 80 bucks or something like that ? Look at all the ones now ? and they looked more og I think there's a problem. Well I can say I owned retro jays and some 17 and under regular releases. It's a marketing scheme that hot things are doing. Then they release more accurate ones later with one mistake...etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom