Have Jordans jumped the shark?

what?

lmao hell nah jordans are jordans to most ppl
??? Nike Air Jordan's? With Nike's address on the bottom of everybox? Let me guess, you feel like Jordan brand had to pay Nike to bring back the Nike air branding on retros huh? lmaoooooo

different platforms.
The perfect analogy car wise would be Nike's being Land Rover and Jordan's being the Range Rover of the line. Everyone refers to the Range Rover as its own entity not knowing Land Rover is the maker of the vehicle and the name is Land Rover Range Rover, just like the name is Nike Air Jordan's.

Air Max

Air Force

Air Jordan

Nike has Air as a registered trademark. Just feel like we should be more aware as consumers.

different platforms.

The perfect analogy car wise would be Nike's being Land Rover and Jordan's being the Range Rover of the line. Everyone refers to the Range Rover as its own entity not knowing Land Rover is the maker of the vehicle and the name is Land Rover Range Rover, just like the name is Nike Air Jordan's.

Air Max
Air Force
Air Jordan

Nike has Air as a registered trademark. Just feel like we should be more aware as consumers.

u right overall...u just flubbed da nissan comparison considering its full sized FWD w/ a CVT compared to da compact RWD Infiniti..all good though [emoji]128077[/emoji]

people cant afford them but they release again 3-4 years down the line, those same people got $$$ now. the cycle been going on since the early 2000s. 

people cant afford them but they release again 3-4 years down the line, those same people got $$$ now. the cycle been going on since the early 2000s. 
kept quality isn't as good anymore 

??? Nike Air Jordan's? With Nike's address on the bottom of everybox? Let me guess, you feel like Jordan brand had to pay Nike to bring back the Nike air branding on retros huh? lmaoooooo

not at all reachy man

but the average consumer doesn't think of jordans as Nikes

not at all reachy man

but the average consumer doesn't think of jordans as Nikes

what kind of dumbasses u take da average consumer for? :lol:

air-jordan-1-og.jpg

Only sneakers I purchased this year is about 6 different color ways of prestos, my feet appreciate it.

I consider buying the what the 1's for about a hour and then I was over it

I don't think Jordans jumped the shark we just grew up bro

Yeezy people act like they like the shoe but we all know why you like it just be straight

there is nothing wrong with being a sheep

They've almost become too commercialized and over-saturated.
They used to be very exclusive, and popular to a certain culture, and I think that added to the mystique. They still represent expensive footwear/style in most cases.
They hurt themselves when they started making the jumpman, watered down joints. I get that they wanted more money but it was kind of a sellout move. Reminds me when Facebook went from college students only to any and everyone.

3's weren't even da first sneaker with that midsole, it was...

nike-air-revolution-the-beatles-commercial-ad-lawsuit.jpg

not to mention they have air bubbles, and da nike air tabs.

You're speaking from a seasoned sneaker head point of view. To most these young cats they're just J's not nikes

I'm going to say it's marketing. Keeping Jordan relavent to kids today. We may know him as the Goat. 13 going on 14 years is hard to keep appealing to a younger and younger crowd. I'm 32 born and raised in Chitown. I only copped one retro this year. They JB play to many marking games. From materials to the lack of quality. Plus throw on those prices of 200+. My oldest doesn't even ask for Jordan's , and he's 12. Jordan is fading cause of age and lack of marketing. Look at everyone sponsored by JB. There ok players nothing at all to keep his legacy going or put JB back on.

Also, kids these days have less of an appreciation or awareness for what he did for the game, and that definitely contributed to their success. They know he was good but they didn't witness it first hand.

Plus kids are being brought into a world in which infinite information is at their fingertips.

Takes all of 5 minutes to research how universally hated dude was. Never bought another pair of J's after I watched Chamillionaire's vid

3's weren't even da first sneaker with that midsole, it was...

nike-air-revolution-the-beatles-commercial-ad-lawsuit.jpg

not to mention they have air bubbles, and da nike air tabs.

do you realize how much of a ******* geek you sound like right now :lol:

nobody cares about this **** man

when they walk into the store they say "you got the new J's"

nobody walks in asking "yo you got the descendants of the Air Revolutions"

people are aware they are owned by nike but don't consider them nikes

it's a separate brand like converse

just because a few silhouettes have the swoosh or nike air doesn't mean people think of them as Nikes

but i can already tell this is about to be a pointless black hole of semantics so u got it senior sneaker expert

Last edited:
i have not bought Js in some time. but its the same shoes over and over and the price keeps going up.

i remember someone posting this and its basically why some of us older jordan heads have given up

View media item 2267733

ive never understood how this is something to be ashamed about. JB/ Nike is not the first or only brand to have a product where its success spans decades and people are loyal to it.

actually i do understand it, because largely people are sheep and let claims like this dictate their actions.

our parents
our grandparents
our aunts and uncles
they all have products that they've been loyal too since they were young

Kangol
Members Only jackets
Dooney/ Coach handbags, wallets, and purses
classic Polo shirts
classic Lacoste shirts

interesting that no one laughs at that.

you can buy the same basic Navy/ Red Polo for 30 years and no one bats an eye, i think that speaks volumes about the types of people quick to make these claims.

i understand the quality and pricing complaints with JB, aside from those if a person can afford it and dont care about quality why does it matter?

Back
Top Bottom