Have people become this comfortable selling “UAs”??

Some how the fake industry is at an all time high with counterfeit shoes, but Nike themselves are at an all time high as well. Hmmm. Would you not think something would give here? Yet, Nike somehow is OK with the millions made off the resell market of their real shoes where they do not seem to profit at all from. Hmmm. To a money hungry, cost cutting, low waging brand like Nike Inc, something does not make the equation work for me here.
Nike is hitting their stride...just look at when you get an EA on SNKRS or even a general release on the app...if you even flinch or not stop whatever youre doing at the moment to buy the shoe, its a L

their business model is amazing, they sell out and keep demand at a high...but eventually itll fall off a bit and something different will become popular...

also, believing fakes will eventually get rid of the real deal is like saying only buying jordan 1's will make Nike not make another model/silhouette

Last edited:
Believing Nike will ever make a 1 of 1 type remake of an original is like expecting 70s muscle cars to be reproduced to perfection in 2020. They simply are not going to do it. At what point in time do we realize this?

Believing Nike will ever make a 1 of 1 type remake of an original is like expecting 70s muscle cars to be reproduced to perfection in 2020. They simply are not going to do it. At what point in time do we realize this?
I agree they won’t do it 100%. There is absolutely no driver to do so. Their current business model of making sometimes significant but always incremental changes is brilliant.

The muscle car companies literally couldn’t make those cars if they wanted to due to safety regulations. Nike, although they don’t have to worry about regulations (as directly) they can’t source the exact same materials and some of the manufacturing techniques are simply better in modern times. If I were in charge of production at Nike I wouldn’t make wholesale changes to the manufacturing line just to appease the 2% of people who really care about the little details. Tbh I think many people would be pretty unhappy with a full on OG spec 4 as an example.

fake shoes are hurting peoples feelings more than Nikes bottom line...Nike makes alot of $$$$$, enjoy the shoes...Nike will be fine

20201027_181811.jpg

Exactly. There are only two clothing companies on this list. Louis Vuitton and Nike. Think about that.....and what also is heavily counterfeited....Louis bags. These companies want their products bootlegged because it adds to the hype.

I joined NT in 2007, my teenager ways would have laughed at anyone wearing fakes, and back then in NT, you got ridicule for a good month or untill you deleted your SN.

Now it seems we have grown up and i see a lot of people saying " to each its own its their money " and i feel thats the correct answer.

Will i wear fakes ? nah, but I understand of wanting a shoe so badly you tried your best and couldnt because lil jimmy decided to walk out with 5 pairs in your size, so people turn to UA thats close as possible to the real deal, if thats the mindset of people buying fakes, then im cool with it.

Breds can cost $600-$1000, maybe even more, VS a UA pair thats pretty identical for $250 and available right then and there.

It's an obvious choice for some people.

To finally answerthe question, its comfortable because its a constant steady stream of money if you can sell a pair for $250 VS $1000

There’s a sub forum on Reddit, and man are they 1:1 if not better than retails, replicas came a long way, I think there was a vice show where this guy went back to his homeland and started a replica factory, Nike’s, northface to Gucci. I just remember him saying “no ones gonna come up to you and pull out a ruler and say, that swoosh is 1.5mm too thick”.

Here's a conspiracy theory: Nike gets a cut of all fakes sold
They don’t get a cut. But in all actuality do. Branding/marketing can be seen in so many faucets. Hence Nike needs after-market to continuously drive up demand. Items not hitting sale can make a major difference let’s say 5 shoe release. Selling more directly to consumers etc. A lot of perceptions to take into account but not really one specific thing can pinpoint sneaker hype. Colorway/exclusivity/Collaboration/model/timing all huge factors but not one thing can consistently keep the company growing. So they lean on each Avenue periodically.
Eventually your competition can be seen as a need. Ever hear the saying keep thy friends close but enemies closer. Nike would fail if they lose there main client base. So to keepm happy they need goat/stockx/apps

Yeah I feel bad for the dudes holding out thinking that perfect remake is coming.

What we need is the fakes to get so good that it kills the resale market. Watch Nike perk up when the resale market dies which means their market will dry up on the limited BS.

What we need is the fakes to get so good that it kills the resale market. Watch Nike perk up when the resale market dies which means their market will dry up on the limited BS.

I feel this is already starting to happen. Reseller kids on reddit making videos about how angry they are that people are buying reps instead of their stock at resale prices. It's almost hilarious to watch.

Looks like eBay cleaned up a little bit! The seller I mentioned in the OP appears to have their listings removed as well as another I was watching. That’s what’s up!!
9B94C817-7832-4A75-880A-E5E18351C680.jpeg

0D58B0C9-9409-4D3C-9EA9-10D08E625790.jpeg

Exactly. There are only two clothing companies on this list. Louis Vuitton and Nike. Think about that.....and what also is heavily counterfeited....Louis bags. These companies want their products bootlegged because it adds to the hype.
I dont know why anyone even buys real louis monogram or damier bags. Everyone just assumes its fake anyway.

There’s nothing more I can say to improve upon the OP but to get meta and make some other points....

Man. I’m definitely passionate about my disdain for fakes and there’s multiple reasons for that and I won’t deny that. But some of the comments and the mental midgets that like them in this thread :rofl:

The OP isn’t even something to disagree with because it’s not an opinion. You can see the facts and contribute something with substance and do the right thing and report the seller (which some have you have done! Nice) if you have an eBay account, OR you can deny the facts and keep it moving and ignore this thread. I’ve yet to get burned on fakes that I didn’t return for a full refund shipping included, but that’s besides the point. Others have been affected.

If you want replicas to get better just to get back at resellers that have had the shoes that you want but can’t afford lol you need to get your money up. It’s painfully obvious you’re bitter and broke and should have a different hobby :D

In just the last year or two fakes have gotten way better. So this isn’t beating a dead horse. This is a new horse. I’m glad I made this thread because it has made a small difference on eBay already. Good job guys.

Lastly, buying from StockX and Goat and what not is not full proof for avoiding fakes. ALSO, someone with high standards and attention to detail such as myself likes to see pics of the shoes, even DS ones, before buying to judge for myself what is an acceptable factory flaw or not. Yeah you can return them but who wants that hassle? So unless you’re truly retail or bust, which I am certainly not, you should be concerned with the direction fakes are going. It may affect you sooner or later.

There’s nothing more I can say to improve upon the OP but to get meta and make some other points....

Man. I’m definitely passionate about my disdain for fakes and there’s multiple reasons for that and I won’t deny that. But some of the comments and the mental midgets that like them in this thread :rofl:

The OP isn’t even something to disagree with because it’s not an opinion. You can see the facts and contribute something with substance and do the right thing and report the seller (which some have you have done! Nice) if you have an eBay account, OR you can deny the facts and keep it moving and ignore this thread. I’ve yet to get burned on fakes that I didn’t return for a full refund shipping included, but that’s besides the point. Others have been affected.

If you want replicas to get better just to get back at resellers that have had the shoes that you want but can’t afford lol you need to get your money up. It’s painfully obvious you’re bitter and broke and should have a different hobby :D

In just the last year or two fakes have gotten way better. So this isn’t beating a dead horse. This is a new horse. I’m glad I made this thread because it has made a small difference on eBay already. Good job guys.

Lastly, buying from StockX and Goat and what not is not full proof for avoiding fakes. ALSO, someone with high standards and attention to detail such as myself likes to see pics of the shoes, even DS ones, before buying to judge for myself what is an acceptable factory flaw or not. Yeah you can return them but who wants that hassle? So unless you’re truly retail or bust, which I am certainly not, you should be concerned with the direction fakes are going. It may affect you sooner or later.

4B1C9EC8-0086-47E3-85BA-0E50ABA3B187.jpeg

even if you have no problem with fake goods existing and being worn, and aren't opposed to the fact that nike is "losing" sales when they're already pulling revenue in the billions, you should still feel outraged for a consumer being duped into thinking they're buying "authentic" products at retail when they're obviously counterfeits that are obtainable for less than half as much.

arguably, it's somehow acceptable for nike to do this, because they are the "authentic" supplier, but when someone actively misrepresents what they're selling, it's not cool

Just stumbled upon this. It’s just like any other hobby - buying the fake is very whack.

Let me tell you all after nearly 20 years of buying Nikes - the resell market is great for collectors at the margin. Not only does it provide a place for people to dump unwanted pairs (we’ve all bought shoes we “wanted,” only to regret it later), but it also provides Nike with clear direction on what to keep producing. You will ALWAYS have another shot at the classics (cement 3’s, bred 4’s,etc.) because Nike knows based on healthy resale markets, that the demand is there. In turn, it often helps up supply and keeps new fun colorways coming out (13’s this year and last, for example).

so the downside is that I don’t get to cop the LeBron 18 Xmas...so what?! There’s always another shoe.

I remember people selling dunks on eBay back in the early 03-04 saying “variant” didn’t know what that meant then until I bought some of the dunks and they definitely were fake not even real color ways. UA buyers definitely have their own “culture” I really don’t knock them for buying UA, but if they’re trying to sell as RETAIL authentic then that’s a problem.

I remember people selling dunks on eBay back in the early 03-04 saying “variant” didn’t know what that meant then until I bought some of the dunks and they definitely were fake not even real color ways. UA buyers definitely have their own “culture” I really don’t knock them for buying UA, but if they’re trying to sell as RETAIL authentic then that’s a problem.
I fell under that trap, as well. I bought Jordans from there thinking "variant" was legitimate. I even messaged the sellers asking them what it meant and they would tell me the sneakers were still "real." Ebay had good deals for shoes back then but also a TON of fakes.

As far as those UA buyers, I feel the same way. What bothers me about some of them is they are CONVINCED that UA's (or shall I say "authentic style/quality fakes") are REAL. A lot of them are running with the notion that they're getting the 20,000 pairs Nike "destroyed" due to a factory flaw. Some of them are so naive. A fake is a fake no matter how you stack it up. Trying to convince yourself it's a B-grade when you're buying a replica is delusional. I see a bunch of these dudes making videos on YouTube about it trying to convince their audience of this.

Back
Top Bottom