HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

If Tom can do it then so can Kendall.
Weren’t their situations going to be totally different? As a puppet Tom would just follow orders on the big things with free reign on the small things so long as Matsson doesn’t care (Greg and other staffing matters). Ken would be the guy and have to make actual decisions without the political cache his dad had. Neither guy is CEO material but Tom is basically a Chief Operating Officer with a CEO title.

Everytime I think of their company from this season I just laugh

Kendall saying this with a straight face :lol:

The watch podcast with Andy greenwald had a great segment recapping the finale. They brought up the point that The other more qualified and experienced business characters in the show (Frank, Hugo Gerri, etc) would roll their eyes whenever the kids would have an idea. They were never respected business people, they're only credential was being Logan Roy's kids.

They're basically adults playing toy soldier, masquerading as important business people when no one respected them or took them seriously.

The watch podcast with Andy greenwald had a great segment recapping the finale. They brought up the point that The other more qualified and experienced business characters in the show (Frank, Hugo Gerri, etc) would roll their eyes whenever the kids would have an idea. They were never respected business people, they're only credential was being Logan Roy's kids.

They're basically adults playing toy soldier, masquerading as important business people when no one respected them or took them seriously.
I’m about to listen to that now. I’m a little disappointed CR couldn’t be on it though, ironically because he had to attend a Swedish company retreat:lol:

Weren’t their situations going to be totally different? As a puppet Tom would just follow orders on the big things with free reign on the small things so long as Matsson doesn’t care (Greg and other staffing matters). Ken would be the guy and have to make actual decisions without the political cache his dad had. Neither guy is CEO material but Tom is basically a Chief Operating Officer with a CEO title.

I don't know why people keep forgetting or don't acknowledge this :lol: There is a SIGNIFICANT difference in their role and responsibilities as CEO. The only thing that would be the same is their title tbh.

:lol: Ken strings together the most amazing nonsense phrases. With no thought or effort.
this is the era we live in now.

when someone talks about politics or the president they usually have no clue what theyre talking about…its become like picking a sports team and riding with it…they constantly repeat narratives they hear from other like minded people or repeat catch phrases

most people loud/passionate about government cant even name the mayor of the city they live in

1685479828667.png

:smile::pimp:

We are always on the same wavelength and team fam. You’re the best that NT has to offer. I mean that truly and thank you for calming me down with Antidope. That was brewing for years.
🤨Years???? I don't think we've said two words to each other outside of that exchange. Please tell me how I've wronged you. Very serious.

Not here to cause issues I have seen the whole show loved the show.

This show tries to paint nepotism in a bad light but nepotism done the right way is fire. I hope to utilize it one day.

the current day method acting gawd.

I wouldnt have been surprised if Jeremy had tried to jump into the lake at the end of the episode cause he felt thats what Kendall wouldve tried to do :lol:

That reminds me of the scene:

I find it interesting as a non-actor how different actors get into character for performances.

In a few good men, Jack Nicholson would give his famous "You can't handle the truth speech" during multiple takes and as soon as the take was done Jack would go back to being his normal, joking, life of the party self.

"Why don't you just try acting?"

Bro - not only did he not groom them to take over when he died, he barely left them able to function in the real world. Suicide is no joke but Kendall was left in a position to legitimately end it all after the finale. He has no job, no wife, no kids, no siblings, no dad, no friends, no reason to live, no support, no company. He has nothing.
Except for the hundreds of millions of dollars he now has more of.

If he wanted to prove something himself he’d start over and do it on his own.

You’re very right about Shiv and Roman though. Lowkey Shiv didn’t want it either but she was on some if it can’t be me then it can’t be any of you. Despite the fact she’s never been qualified for the job and in that moment the optics were terrible for there to be even a rumor about her being CEO.

Except for the hundreds of millions of dollars he now has more of.

If he wanted to prove something himself he’d start over and do it on his own.

You’re very right about Shiv and Roman though. Lowkey Shiv didn’t want it either but she was on some if it can’t be me then it can’t be any of you. Despite the fact she’s never been qualified for the job and in that moment the optics were terrible for there to be even a rumor about her being CEO.

RE: Ken. It clearly wasn't about the money for him. It never was. He already billions, a couple hundred million meant less to him than the power of being CEO of Waystar Royco. In regard to proving himself, he even admitted that Waystar was all he knew and that was in part Logan's doing. Sending your son to all the top schools, having him work only in the family business so that's all he knows, promising him the CEO spot and eventually ****ing him over out of it is negligent parenting and leadership. He is naturally going to be incapable of "starting over and doing it on his own."

I really think for all three of them money needs to be taken out of the equation when discussing their motives and reactions but that's just me.

Definitely thought there was a good chance that Mencken not actually winning the election would play a role in the finale.

I’m envisioning a world where Mencken ends up actually losing the election, making ATN worthless news wise because of how boring a Jimenez Presidency would be.

And Tom getting canned because of low ratings.

That’s another funny thing.

Tom is either going to lose his job after an election reversal or in 4 years after Mencken loses.

I’m envisioning a world where Mencken ends up actually losing the election, making ATN worthless news wise because of how boring a Jimenez Presidency would be.

And Tom getting canned because of low ratings.

Wishing failure on Tom Wambsgans :smh:

But you're right - if they went another season then the plot twist would have definitely been Jimenez winning. I'm not sure about all this talk of him losing his job in these various scenarios but we'll never know and are each using our imagination so there are no right or wrong answers :lol:

Then I'll say it like this.

If Mattsson can do it then so can Kendall.

Given the situation and time Waystar is in there isnt anything about it saying Kendall would tank but we didn't get to any part where he got to hire his team anyway.

Last edited:
This weird narrative that Kendall would’ve failed as CEO has always puzzled me. Every time he had to solve an actual problem Waystar related, he did.

The debt his father was in. Kendall found the money.

Vaulter. Kendall found a way to completely gut it.

Getting the price of Waystar shared to go up. Kendall found a way to make it happen.

When these Logan versus Kendall comparisons happen, no one ever takes into account how Logan is a seasoned veteran at this point. We never got to see Logan’s L’s as he built his empire. Logan having to bounce back from defeat.

Then I'll say it like this.

If Mattsson can do it then so can Kendall.

Given the situation and time Waystar is in there isnt anything about it saying Kendall would tank but we didn't get to any part where he got to hire his team anyway.
Mattsson is already a CEO of a big time company and has a proven track record good or bad. Not saying he’s great but he has experience as a CEO. Waystar is just a bolt on to what he wants to do with Gojo. Yes the deal is a cash and stock deal so the Waystar success is important but If the Waystar acquisition fails for him I think Gojo is still ok. Ken has never been in that seat and would have to be the guy to steer the ship for a company and in an industry that is dying

Mattsson is already a CEO of a big time company and has a proven track record good or bad. Not saying he’s great but he has experience as a CEO. Waystar is just a bolt on to what he wants to do with Gojo. Yes the deal is a cash and stock deal so the Waystar success is important but If the Waystar acquisition fails for him I think Gojo is still ok. Ken has never been in that seat and would have to be the guy to steer the ship for a company and in an industry that is dying

I think what Master Zik Master Zik is saying pertains to the bolded...Mattson has never had to be the guy to steer the ship for a company in a dying industry. So if Mattson is capable of doing then Ken is as well especially considering he knows that company and industry like the back of his own hand. So that does lend some credence to Kendall's potential CEO candidacy. Just because you have been a CEO before doesn't mean you can just go and be an effective CEO in any other market, particularly one that you aren't terribly familiar with. Aside from holding the title of CEO, Kendall's background probably lends itself more to that niche sector than Mattson's background.

Back
Top Bottom