HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

Episode was brilliant. I always know it’s about to be some bull**** when I see this dude face :lol:

866A8567-2756-467E-B850-2516F5452CCA.jpeg

Hell of an actor

The actor the played Fred (the guy who burned the Jewish deli and was later shot dead by Reeves) was the co-worker in Joker.

Him being Childress in True Detective will never not be creepy. Yellow King Carcosa

E308674C-41F3-4B4C-944D-5EAF4228DC4F.gif

Not sure if mentioned earlier....but his character, Fred....is based on Trump’s KKK member father. Fred Trump.

RV15m.gif

The disrespect to George Remus, the Yellow King of Carcosa

remus.jpg

Episode was brilliant. I always know it’s about to be some bull**** when I see this dude face :lol:

866A8567-2756-467E-B850-2516F5452CCA.jpeg

Hell of an actor
You know what's crazy. This dude came out of nowhere to me.

Its like some director realized this dude is good and he just blew up on HBO and then that extended to movies.

He has become one of my favorite character actors. Son always delivers.

Last edited:
Crazy how it’s the next day and this episode is heavy on my mind. That was jus an phenomenal hour of TV! I’m gonna watch it again this week when I getta chance. They really knocked it out of the the park with this one!

I jus hope they stick the landing because if they do, this will definitely be the GOAT.

Him being Childress in True Detective will never not be creepy. Yellow King Carcosa

Not sure if mentioned earlier....but his character, Fred....is based on Trump’s KKK member father. Fred Trump.

THATS WHERE I REMEMBERED HIS FACE FROM!

This **** was driving me crazy. Thank you. :lol:

Sidenote:

3624BCDA-F3DA-4D53-91DD-C887049027D5.jpeg

Yeah I expected more noise from them about "Fred" but all quiet like folks were unaware or didn't catch it.

Yeah I expected more noise from them about "Fred" but all quiet like folks were unaware or didn't catch it.

Yup. Fred Trump owned the first grocery store in Queens on Jamaica Ave. The Fred in Watchmen store is on Jamaica Ave in Queens as well. Lots of lil historical Nuggets, from a time period that’s glossed over...but had a lot happen. Particularly in NYC,. This tweet below links to some of the real life things that happened with Americans actually supporting Nazi’s is 1939, before the US entered WWII. The parallels to today are wild.

98C04BE6-17A7-45F2-BC53-D50DDA250DB9.png

The early to mid 20th century is typically just summed up with roaring 20s, Great Depression, Prohibition and the World Wars. But there was a lot across the US that’s been somehow taken a back seat to these events.

Everytime I watch these collider recaps this blonde chick tells on herself. Ep 1? Ehh it's ok. The Laurie episode? amazing. Looking glass episode? amazing. Hooded Justice episode? Ehh, just Watchmen doing what it does. Regina King was amazing of course. As someone who doesn't discriminate, this is absolutely the type of white chick I fear wasting time with.

first time in this thread since i been watching this show and man i didnt realize all the details i was missing. Had to watch a recap video on youtube to see what i was missing.

The better way to understand the world and some of these things is to catch with the original. Then your mind starts filling in some of the blanks.

Everytime I watch these collider recaps this blonde chick tells on herself. Ep 1? Ehh it's ok. The Laurie episode? amazing. Looking glass episode? amazing. Hooded Justice episode? Ehh, just Watchmen doing what it does. Regina King was amazing of course. As someone who doesn't discriminate, this is absolutely the type of white chick I fear wasting time with.

I watched a bunch of reviews last night and got that vibe a lot.

That and a lot of people just not knowing how to approach these topics. A lot missed that is central to me, but I realize we’re watching through different prisms.

I find it interesting that there was such a negative reaction to it, audience ratings are significantly lower than critic ratings...but it seems everyone is covering it as if it’s one of the most popular shows on TV.

It got brigaded by alt right people because the main character is a black woman and the show called out white supremacy right away. Apparently the show "went woke" and became political unlike the original graphic novel :lol:
Which is wild how people can profess their love for something but never took the time to understand what it's about or were incapable.

Which is wild how people can profess their love for something but never took the time to understand what it's about or were incapable.
I just took it as them exposing themselves. They just dismissed the show from jump because it called out what they sympathize with so they couldn't outright say why because they're cowards. So the they had to find some BS reasons thinking they were fooling people. Being outraged that Rorschach is a "racist" character when it's easy to see that he was a right wing nut who sent his journal to a right wing conspiracy theorist newspaper and already racist people perverted his ideas even more to become the 7K is preposterous.
It's just a case of hit dogs. But the show is amazing and while it might not do GoT numbers, it's a ****ing great watch and I look forward tod every Sunday.

Agreed! Roxy is insufferable. And it drives me insane when she keeps referring to black Wallstreet as the tulsa race "riots". It was a f***ing massacre

Sorry man, I could not watch a group of white ppl talk about this show especially the way Lindelof is doing it. No offense to any white ppl.

Reminds me of when BP came out.

I just stick to my own observations and then chat with y'all.

The comics, someone posted the motion comics in here too. I don't dislike the movie like some but it really doesn't convey the tone well.
At this point, I feel like I have to in order to fully appreciate the show

I wonder how I feel now is how some people feel watching Marvel movies

Back
Top Bottom