HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

Originally Posted by Vendetta

None of the wolves accompanied them in Kings Landing. Sansa's died and Arya had to throw stones at hers to prevent them from killing the wolf.

King Robert wanted her killed due to his past quarrels with the Targaryens. Hell when you overthrow their kingdom you get paranoid when you find out there are still living relatives. Drogo was completely against crossing the sea until the council tried to have Daenerys poisoned. Dothraki believe the sea is evil and therefore have never crossed it in great numbers.
Ah thanks I remember Sansa's being killed by Ned, and Arya forcing hers to run away just wasn't sure if they took any of the other with them, so there are still 4/6 wolves left. For some reason I thought the reason the Dothraki never crossed the sea was because they didnt know how to
laugh.gif
. I m going to have to pick up the books to get mre in depth details.

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

None of the wolves accompanied them in Kings Landing. Sansa's died and Arya had to throw stones at hers to prevent them from killing the wolf.

King Robert wanted her killed due to his past quarrels with the Targaryens. Hell when you overthrow their kingdom you get paranoid when you find out there are still living relatives. Drogo was completely against crossing the sea until the council tried to have Daenerys poisoned. Dothraki believe the sea is evil and therefore have never crossed it in great numbers.
Ah thanks I remember Sansa's being killed by Ned, and Arya forcing hers to run away just wasn't sure if they took any of the other with them, so there are still 4/6 wolves left. For some reason I thought the reason the Dothraki never crossed the sea was because they didnt know how to
laugh.gif
They don't cross the sea because they feel that any water that their horses can't drink is bad, at least something along those line. 

I'm reading the book now and I'm on like page 613 now so they actually just covered it.  The series is very true to the book IMO, but there are small differences here and there regarding certain scenes and sometimes a part of the story is told in a different time frame in regards to what is happening.  But I like the way HBO did it as I'm reading it now.  It seems that they really did the book justice.

laugh.gif
They don't cross the sea because they feel that any water that their horses can't drink is bad, at least something along those line. 

I'm reading the book now and I'm on like page 613 now so they actually just covered it.  The series is very true to the book IMO, but there are small differences here and there regarding certain scenes and sometimes a part of the story is told in a different time frame in regards to what is happening.  But I like the way HBO did it as I'm reading it now.  It seems that they really did the book justice.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Quick question, did Ned bring any of the wolfs to King landing? Because John took one to the wall with him correct.
His daughters' wolves accompanied them, but Sansa's was murked and the Arya's was forced to run away before they arrived.
Rikkon and Bran also have theirs in Winterfell.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Quick question, did Ned bring any of the wolfs to King landing? Because John took one to the wall with him correct.
His daughters' wolves accompanied them, but Sansa's was murked and the Arya's was forced to run away before they arrived.
Rikkon and Bran also have theirs in Winterfell.

Are we using spoiler tags in this thread? I'll use them anyway for some questions.
Spoiler [+]
 Is Tyrion's woman a Dothraki? How big is Stennis' army? Could he take on the Lannister's himself? 

Are we using spoiler tags in this thread? I'll use them anyway for some questions.
Spoiler [+]
 Is Tyrion's woman a Dothraki? How big is Stennis' army? Could he take on the Lannister's himself? 

We've been using spoiler tags for plot points that have yet to be answered. Once the episode has aired on all time zones it's assumed you've seen it.

As for your question no Shae isn't Dothraki. I don't recall just what she was but I'm thinking Myr or Braavosi. Not really relavent to the story.
The other part
Spoiler [+]
This is what the second book is focused on. The war between the Kings of Westeros. Simply put he has a lot of men and could be capable of fighting the Lannisters

We've been using spoiler tags for plot points that have yet to be answered. Once the episode has aired on all time zones it's assumed you've seen it.

As for your question no Shae isn't Dothraki. I don't recall just what she was but I'm thinking Myr or Braavosi. Not really relavent to the story.
The other part
Spoiler [+]
This is what the second book is focused on. The war between the Kings of Westeros. Simply put he has a lot of men and could be capable of fighting the Lannisters

The Queen Yelled NOOOOO when Ned was killed because she knows that The Starks (Northern armies), Dothraki and Stanus (The real next rightful heir - bastards don't count) are all bringing Armies to Kings Landing. In short, without The north (Starks) to stop the Dothraki at the wall, there's no way Joffrey is gonna make it. Joffrey's Grandfather (Lanisters) could probably handle Stanus, but he can't fight 3 armies to keep the little brat on the Thrown.

The Queen Yelled NOOOOO when Ned was killed because she knows that The Starks (Northern armies), Dothraki and Stanus (The real next rightful heir - bastards don't count) are all bringing Armies to Kings Landing. In short, without The north (Starks) to stop the Dothraki at the wall, there's no way Joffrey is gonna make it. Joffrey's Grandfather (Lanisters) could probably handle Stanus, but he can't fight 3 armies to keep the little brat on the Thrown.

Originally Posted by sweetz12

Originally Posted by thegoat121886
Uh not quite.  They have no knowledge of Drogo deciding to attack Westeros as it takes time for news to travel accross the Narrow Sea.  Yes they would be fighting a war on three fronts but those three are Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon of Dragonskull, and Robb of Winterfell.  While not explicitly stated in the show Cersei also knew by that time that Jamie had been captured by Robb so by killing Ned she was likely to lose her brother/lover.

Stannis is the eldest brother right?  I think he was mentioned very briefly by Ned or someone else.  I wish they went into more detail on stuff like this in the show, there's stuff in the background that we don't know about.  You really have to pay close attention to the dialogue on the show or you'll miss something.

Uh not quite.  They have no knowledge of Drogo deciding to attack Westeros as it takes time for news to travel accross the Narrow Sea.  Yes they would be fighting a war on three fronts but those three are Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon of Dragonskull, and Robb of Winterfell.  While not explicitly stated in the show Cersei also knew by that time that Jamie had been captured by Robb so by killing Ned she was likely to lose her brother/lover.

Stannis is the eldest brother right?  I think he was mentioned very briefly by Ned or someone else.  I wish they went into more detail on stuff like this in the show, there's stuff in the background that we don't know about.  You really have to pay close attention to the dialogue on the show or you'll miss something.

Stannis is Roberts brother. That's why I was trying to figure out why not just let him be king until Joffery is of age.
The whole thing with Ned was I don't think he wanted Joffery to be king at all since he knew the truth. And the Lannisters are just so power hungry they'd do anything to get that kid on the throne and look what that has gotten them

Stannis is Roberts brother. That's why I was trying to figure out why not just let him be king until Joffery is of age.
The whole thing with Ned was I don't think he wanted Joffery to be king at all since he knew the truth. And the Lannisters are just so power hungry they'd do anything to get that kid on the throne and look what that has gotten them

Just ordered the book set from Buy.com for $19.97.  It's tax free and free shipping if you guys want to get it as well.  It's also on Amazon.  With tax it'll come out to a little over $21.  I'll probably start reading the 1st book after the finale and start the 2nd one.  It's going to be a long wait between the 1st and 2nd seasons.  I can't wait that long to see how the story continues.

Just ordered the book set from Buy.com for $19.97.  It's tax free and free shipping if you guys want to get it as well.  It's also on Amazon.  With tax it'll come out to a little over $21.  I'll probably start reading the 1st book after the finale and start the 2nd one.  It's going to be a long wait between the 1st and 2nd seasons.  I can't wait that long to see how the story continues.

Originally Posted by shogun

This is what confused me.  You never get to see Stannis.  He is mentioned but never appears.  So when they say things like o stannis this and o stannis that im like is he one of the sons that they showed? like the gay one? its hard to keep track of the characters at times.

Season finale is gonna be
pimp.gif
looks like they have to pack a lot of action into the final episode. 

Originally Posted by shogun

This is what confused me.  You never get to see Stannis.  He is mentioned but never appears.  So when they say things like o stannis this and o stannis that im like is he one of the sons that they showed? like the gay one? its hard to keep track of the characters at times.

Season finale is gonna be
pimp.gif
looks like they have to pack a lot of action into the final episode. 

she knows that they can't fight the Dothraki without the kingdom of Winterfell. Now that the Lannisters offed Eddard, Winterfell will come against them. They think they will be fighting a war on three fronts. keeping Ned alive was in the best interests of self preservation.
ah that's what i figured

brb buying books @#%@ is about to get crazy

Interesting that Cersei definitely knew Jamie was captured before Ned got killed.  That definitely did not come accross in the show.  Of course, since there are still two Stark kids in King's Landing, Ned's death doesn't mean an automatic execution for Jamie. 

she knows that they can't fight the Dothraki without the kingdom of Winterfell. Now that the Lannisters offed Eddard, Winterfell will come against them. They think they will be fighting a war on three fronts. keeping Ned alive was in the best interests of self preservation.
ah that's what i figured

brb buying books @#%@ is about to get crazy

Interesting that Cersei definitely knew Jamie was captured before Ned got killed.  That definitely did not come accross in the show.  Of course, since there are still two Stark kids in King's Landing, Ned's death doesn't mean an automatic execution for Jamie. 

Back
Top Bottom