HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

[h1]Game of Thrones: First Casting Revealed for Season 2[/h1][h2]Tudors' Natalie Dormer joining the series.
As we all go into Game of Thrones withdrawals after the season finale this past Sunday, it's pretty cool to have Season 2 casting news break so quickly. With production set to begin in the next month on Season 2, EW.com has reported that Natalie Dormer is joining the cast.

Dormer, best known for her role as Anne Boleyn on The Tudors, will play Margaery Tyrell. If you haven't read the books and don't want to know more about Margaery, stop reading now. But for those of you who are interested in the basic set up for the character...

Margaery is pledged to marry Renly Baratheon (Gethin Anthony), the brother of the late Robert Baratheon - a move that will unite Margaery's House Tyrell with Renly, as he strives to take the Iron Throne from Joffrey, while both his brother Stannis and Robb Stark vow to do the same thing.

Fans of the books are eagerly awaiting the casting of Stannis Baratheon, a much talked-about character in the first season (and book) who we'll finally meet in Season 2, which premieres next spring on HBO.

I don't like this choice for casting.  Margaery Tyrell is supposed to be somewhere between 15-18 years old and this actress is 28.  WAAAAAY too old for the part.  She's supposed to be Loras Tyrel's little sister but if you compare the two there is no way you would ever think she was younger than the actor who played Loras in season 1.  I understand that you need to make the actors slightly older than what they are in the book but 10+ years is over the top.  Specially by the time they get around to season 4 and 5.[/h2]

just finished reading A Game of Thrones and holy %***...such a good read. it only took me a week...i would stay up until like 2am trying to get through some parts
laugh.gif
. Can't wait to start A Clash of Kings tomorrow

just finished reading A Game of Thrones and holy %***...such a good read. it only took me a week...i would stay up until like 2am trying to get through some parts
laugh.gif

Natalie Dormer had those crazy eyes in The Tudors.  Still need to finish that series, only got up to episode 1 of season 2.
I read that Jonathan Rhys-Meyers tried to kill himself last week.  
frown.gif

Natalie Dormer had those crazy eyes in The Tudors.  Still need to finish that series, only got up to episode 1 of season 2.
I read that Jonathan Rhys-Meyers tried to kill himself last week.  
frown.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

laugh.gif

Reading clash of kings right now....kindle app FTW!!!

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

laugh.gif

Reading clash of kings right now....kindle app FTW!!!

Just finished Season 1. Only took me a week.

I'm completely hooked and will be coppin the books in the near future.

GOT is 2nd only to The Wire - and that's only after 1 Season. It's such an incredible TV show. Absolutely incredible.

GOT is 2nd only to The Wire - and that's only after 1 Season. It's such an incredible TV show. Absolutely incredible.

on episode 4, this show is sick
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
wish my internet connection was better though, streaming from HBO on demand has me buffering like crazy.

on episode 4, this show is sick
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
wish my internet connection was better though, streaming from HBO on demand has me buffering like crazy.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

it's only gonna get better. A Clash of Kings (Book II) is waaaaaay crazier than Game of Thrones. 

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

it's only gonna get better. A Clash of Kings (Book II) is waaaaaay crazier than Game of Thrones. 

Originally Posted by cornzilla

So there are 7 books in total and that means I can expect 7 seasons from HBO??

That's hard to say.  Yeah there could be around 7 seasons but with how the 4th and 5th are set up they might just combine those into one season.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

So there are 7 books in total and that means I can expect 7 seasons from HBO??

That's hard to say.  Yeah there could be around 7 seasons but with how the 4th and 5th are set up they might just combine those into one season.

Back
Top Bottom