HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Do I need to read Game of Thrones? Or being that I've seen the 1st season, can I jump right into A Clash of Kings???

definitely read it. The show did a good job of outlining the story, but you'll get a deeper understanding from reading. Lot's of internal things were left out of the show understandably (the tension between Jon and Cat, the truth behind Ser Jorah's mission, etc). it's a quick read to me.. shouldn't take longer than a week. A Clash of Kings starts off right where A Game of Thrones left us. 

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Do I need to read Game of Thrones? Or being that I've seen the 1st season, can I jump right into A Clash of Kings???

definitely read it. The show did a good job of outlining the story, but you'll get a deeper understanding from reading. Lot's of internal things were left out of the show understandably (the tension between Jon and Cat, the truth behind Ser Jorah's mission, etc). it's a quick read to me.. shouldn't take longer than a week. A Clash of Kings starts off right where A Game of Thrones left us. 

Game of Thrones: Stannis and Melisandre Cast!
King Arthur and Valkyrie actors cast as King Robert's brother and his mysterious priestess.

Just mere days before Game of Thrones takes over Comic-Con with a hotly anticipated Q&A panel that's being moderated by author George R. R. Martin, EW.com is reporting that the roles of Stannis Baratheon and Melisandre have been cast for the upcoming Season 2.

Brit actor Stephen Dillane, who played Merlin in Antoine Fuqua's King Arthur (starring Clive Owen) has been cast as Stannis Baratheon – younger brother to Robert, older brother to Renly. Stannis, believing that Robert has no natural born heirs, is ready to go to war to prove that he is the rightful successor to Robert's throne. Dillane must be who actor Clive Standon (Camelot) was talking about when Standon tweeted that two "Camelot" alums were joining Game of Thrones – only one of which was from the actual Starz Camelot series.

We'd also like to point out here that IGN's own Jim Vejvoda suggested Dillane for the role two weeks ago when we wrote up our Game of Thrones Season 2 Dream Casting piece.

Dutch actress Carice van Houten (Valkyrie, Black Book) has been cast as Melisandre. Lady Melisandre's powers of prophecy may be the key to Stannis' conquest, or the seed of his destruction

Game of Thrones: Stannis and Melisandre Cast!
King Arthur and Valkyrie actors cast as King Robert's brother and his mysterious priestess.

Just mere days before Game of Thrones takes over Comic-Con with a hotly anticipated Q&A panel that's being moderated by author George R. R. Martin, EW.com is reporting that the roles of Stannis Baratheon and Melisandre have been cast for the upcoming Season 2.

Brit actor Stephen Dillane, who played Merlin in Antoine Fuqua's King Arthur (starring Clive Owen) has been cast as Stannis Baratheon – younger brother to Robert, older brother to Renly. Stannis, believing that Robert has no natural born heirs, is ready to go to war to prove that he is the rightful successor to Robert's throne. Dillane must be who actor Clive Standon (Camelot) was talking about when Standon tweeted that two "Camelot" alums were joining Game of Thrones – only one of which was from the actual Starz Camelot series.

We'd also like to point out here that IGN's own Jim Vejvoda suggested Dillane for the role two weeks ago when we wrote up our Game of Thrones Season 2 Dream Casting piece.

Dutch actress Carice van Houten (Valkyrie, Black Book) has been cast as Melisandre. Lady Melisandre's powers of prophecy may be the key to Stannis' conquest, or the seed of his destruction

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Awesome.

pimp.gif

The Game of Thrones' theme is so dope.

I catch myself sometimes randomly humming it.
laugh.gif

I picked up the 1st 4 books from Amazon a while back. I'm going to start reading the Game of Thrones shortly.

The new one will be copped as well.

And where are y'all getting 7 books from?

I thought the newest one was the 5th book, or do y'all mean that Martin plans to write 7 books in total?

Awesome.

pimp.gif

The Game of Thrones' theme is so dope.

I catch myself sometimes randomly humming it.
laugh.gif

I picked up the 1st 4 books from Amazon a while back. I'm going to start reading the Game of Thrones shortly.

The new one will be copped as well.

And where are y'all getting 7 books from?

I thought the newest one was the 5th book, or do y'all mean that Martin plans to write 7 books in total?

yeah. It was to be a triolgy originally, but Martin has expanded it into a heptalogy. as of July 12, there are 5 books out already

yeah. It was to be a triolgy originally, but Martin has expanded it into a heptalogy. as of July 12, there are 5 books out already

I can't say I've seen the actor for Stannis outside King Arthur (in which IIRC he said like 5 words lol) but I trust he can act.  They'll have to dye the actor for Melisandre's hair red but other than that it seems like a good fit.  Though anything is better than the chick for Margaery.

Personally I'm looking forward to who they cast as Davos Seaworth and Mance Rayder.

Only click the spoiler if you've read through A Storm of Swords or don't care about future plots
Spoiler [+]
 According to the books Mance is at the feast when King Robert comes to Winterfell at the start of A Game of Thrones.  I wonder if the directors made note of that and placed an actor in there already.  Highly unlikely but it played an important moment in the book that would require a change in the scene between him and John later on in A Storm of Swords if they didn't include Mance at the feast.

I can't say I've seen the actor for Stannis outside King Arthur (in which IIRC he said like 5 words lol) but I trust he can act.  They'll have to dye the actor for Melisandre's hair red but other than that it seems like a good fit.  Though anything is better than the chick for Margaery.

Personally I'm looking forward to who they cast as Davos Seaworth and Mance Rayder.

Only click the spoiler if you've read through A Storm of Swords or don't care about future plots
Spoiler [+]
 According to the books Mance is at the feast when King Robert comes to Winterfell at the start of A Game of Thrones.  I wonder if the directors made note of that and placed an actor in there already.  Highly unlikely but it played an important moment in the book that would require a change in the scene between him and John later on in A Storm of Swords if they didn't include Mance at the feast.

Just read through a Storm of Swords....my body was not ready.

I'm gonna need grief counseling after reading through all these books.
tired.gif

tired.gif

tired.gif
man word. the sequels are even better than the first book so far. I'm midway through A Storm of Swords...probably take me another 2 weeks to finish them all up. SOme of this stuff idk how theyre gonna incorporate into 12 episode seasons, especially the battles

tired.gif
man word. the sequels are even better than the first book so far. I'm midway through A Storm of Swords...probably take me another 2 weeks to finish them all up. SOme of this stuff idk how theyre gonna incorporate into 12 episode seasons, especially the battles

Going to start on the 2nd book soon. Does the start of the 2nd book have some of the last episode of Game of Thrones on HBO?

Going to start on the 2nd book soon. Does the start of the 2nd book have some of the last episode of Game of Thrones on HBO?

Back
Top Bottom