HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

Sitting here about 75% of the way through A Dance With Dragons. I've spent the last couple months reading these books. Don't know how I feel about it suddenly ending for a couple years til the next one.

Sitting here about 75% of the way through A Dance With Dragons. I've spent the last couple months reading these books. Don't know how I feel about it suddenly ending for a couple years til the next one.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

I really want to read the books but 600+ pages is od smh damn my adhd
Yeah, I'm only on page 39 of A Game Of Thrones.  I'll try to really get into it when my summer class ends.  I can't wait to start the 2nd book.

Yeah, I'm only on page 39 of A Game Of Thrones.  I'll try to really get into it when my summer class ends.  I can't wait to start the 2nd book.

laugh.gif

I have all the ebooks, def going to take a while to get into this since I'm reading a handful of other books/comics at the moment.

I have all the ebooks, def going to take a while to get into this since I'm reading a handful of other books/comics at the moment.

Got to a little over 200 pages in book 1 so far.  Hopefully i'll be close to finishing it this weekend.
In the book Renley is more manly and described as a tough mofo.  He looks like what Robert used to be in his prime.  In the show he's not knightly at all.  Littlefinger is also such a douche in the books.  
laugh.gif

Got to a little over 200 pages in book 1 so far.  Hopefully i'll be close to finishing it this weekend.
In the book Renley is more manly and described as a tough mofo.  He looks like what Robert used to be in his prime.  In the show he's not knightly at all.  Littlefinger is also such a douche in the books.  
laugh.gif

Yea I just finished the first book earlier this week and there's no mention of Renley being gay at all that I can remember. Stannis is the one described as the "man's man" though. They said he never smiles or even laughs...lol

BTW, another thing the show left out that I thought was important was the fact that the dude the Hound jumped in to fight at the Tournament of the Hand to save the Knight of Flowers was actually his brother Gregor "The Mountain". His brother is the one who gave him the scars on his face and they have a crazy history. The Hound is actually quite fond of Sansa in the book and tells her the story.

On another note, the 2nd book is over 900 pages!

Yea I just finished the first book earlier this week and there's no mention of Renley being gay at all that I can remember. Stannis is the one described as the "man's man" though. They said he never smiles or even laughs...lol

BTW, another thing the show left out that I thought was important was the fact that the dude the Hound jumped in to fight at the Tournament of the Hand to save the Knight of Flowers was actually his brother Gregor "The Mountain". His brother is the one who gave him the scars on his face and they have a crazy history. The Hound is actually quite fond of Sansa in the book and tells her the story.

On another note, the 2nd book is over 900 pages!

Back
Top Bottom