HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

I love listening to people who haven't read the books trying to talk about the show. It sounds so ridiculous. Best of luck to you guys trying to follow things.

Could not give a **%# about the books. If the show is impossible to follow, than it's a failure and I'll just continue not giving a **%# about it.
After two eps I really like the show. I'm not about to go crazy researching lore to keep up with a show I watch for an hour once a week, so what's your point. I'm sorry you cared so much and are mad that people are getting anything out of a story, they couldn't care nearly as much about as you sound like you do.

I guess I'll figure out names eventually. Who cares what region or city anyone's from. When something happens where that matters, I'll kinda get it, and if I don't, it's the show's fault. Lord of the Rings had a lot less time than this series will and they got across a ton of information. 

No spoils.

All the incest in this show.

I need a wolf those things are so bad

Kid is alive? (thanks to wolf)

Thought he was going to be dead, he better start snitching next episode

White haired girl naked in episode 2
pimp.gif

All the incest in this show.

I need a wolf those things are so bad

Kid is alive? (thanks to wolf)

Thought he was going to be dead, he better start snitching next episode

White haired girl naked in episode 2
pimp.gif

The thing I like about this series is that much of the dialog is straight from the book. My favorite character has to be Tyrion.

The thing I like about this series is that much of the dialog is straight from the book. My favorite character has to be Tyrion.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I love listening to people who haven't read the books trying to talk about the show. It sounds so ridiculous. Best of luck to you guys trying to follow things.

Could not give a **%# about the books.
LOL. Nothing worse than bitter nerds.

The prince is perfectly cast. He looks like such a weasel.

Could not give a **%# about the books.
LOL. Nothing worse than bitter nerds.

The prince is perfectly cast. He looks like such a weasel.

Could not give a **%# about the books. If the show is impossible to follow, than it's a failure and I'll just continue not giving a **%# about it.
After two eps I really like the show. I'm not about to go crazy researching lore to keep up with a show I watch for an hour once a week, so what's your point. I'm sorry you cared so much and are mad that people are getting anything out of a story, they couldn't care nearly as much about as you sound like you do.

I guess I'll figure out names eventually. Who cares what region or city anyone's from. When something happens where that matters, I'll kinda get it, and if I don't, it's the show's fault. Lord of the Rings had a lot less time than this series will and they got across a ton of information. 

No spoils.
Wow, you totally missed my point. Congrats on being a complete %+*@$%+ though.

I was saying I was worried that the show was going to be too hard to follow for the casual fan. I was in no way calling you out, though you've definitely shown yourself as deserving of that now.

No spoils.

I was saying I was worried that the show was going to be too hard to follow for the casual fan. I was in no way calling you out, though you've definitely shown yourself as deserving of that now.

No spoils.

No offense to The Yes Guy but your comment came across as very "holier then thou".  Like you didn't want any one to understand it because it is your show and you are bitter it was made into a series for the masses.  But after reading your response i get what you are saying but i could see why mr0negative took your original response the way he did. 

For the record the first episode it was really hard to follow because I kept saying well they couldn't be banging because they are related....apparently that happens.  And now that i am getting to know the tribes names and different places and people its getting better. 

Show is
pimp.gif
though lol regardless

No spoils.

No offense to The Yes Guy but your comment came across as very "holier then thou".  Like you didn't want any one to understand it because it is your show and you are bitter it was made into a series for the masses.  But after reading your response i get what you are saying but i could see why mr0negative took your original response the way he did. 

For the record the first episode it was really hard to follow because I kept saying well they couldn't be banging because they are related....apparently that happens.  And now that i am getting to know the tribes names and different places and people its getting better. 

Show is
pimp.gif
though lol regardless

If ya'll got HBO OnDemand, they got little vids about each major house and gist of where all the major players come from and their motivations.
They even got one explaining how they made the Dothraki language.

If ya'll got HBO OnDemand, they got little vids about each major house and gist of where all the major players come from and their motivations.
They even got one explaining how they made the Dothraki language.

No spoils.

I got what you were saying because I have a friend who's read all the books and we too have discussed how ridiculous everything sounds when he's explaining it to me.

But you really shouldn't get so defensive over MrONegative's response.  At first glance it does look like you were just throwing a snide jab at everyone who was lost on the storyline.  But in the context of the discussion you would have had no reason to do that, so I get you.

No spoils.

I got what you were saying because I have a friend who's read all the books and we too have discussed how ridiculous everything sounds when he's explaining it to me.

But you really shouldn't get so defensive over MrONegative's response.  At first glance it does look like you were just throwing a snide jab at everyone who was lost on the storyline.  But in the context of the discussion you would have had no reason to do that, so I get you.

My bad if posted already, but does anyone know where I can see this online? 
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom