HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

quick question, would a 65" tv be to big for an average size nyc apartment??

contemplating on getting the 65" samsung 3d lcd

Sharp branding some of its LCD's coming out this year as "Elite"
hopefully they can live up to the "Elite" name that Pioneer plasmas made famous

SHARP LICENSES PIONEER’S ELITE BRAND NAME FOR HIGH-END LCD TV LINE IN THE US AND CANADA

Mahwah, NJ and Long Beach, CA January 27, 2011 – Sharp Electronics Corporation, the U.S. subsidiary of Japan’s Sharp Corporation, and Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today announced that Sharp will be granted license of Pioneer’s “Elite

Sharp is a piece of #+#$.
That company should take a bunch of that money that they use for marketing and use it on R&D. The quality sucks...but oh well people dig the price. BTW, some insider info: Sharp will have a 70" incher this year.

And for the guy that asked about 3D. This year will tell you alot about whether to do 3D or not...try to wait it out. I did it personally...

A couple questions/I need comments mondaynightraw or anyone else

Thoughts on these tvs

Samsung UN46C6300SF
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...778085&skuId=9784657
Sony KDL55EX710
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...685244&skuId=1211848
Sony KDL-46HX800
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...435158&skuId=9904963

How are LG tvs? they all seem to have really good reviews
Sound bars yay or nay?
This sound bar in particular Sony HT-CT350  http://www.amazon.com/gp/...UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And last question (I think) what are your opinions on buying an internet connectable tv vs. an internet connectable blu ray player/just buying a PS3/apple tv

Sorry for all this mess but I'm ready to at least purchase a "starter" hdtv and there are too many choices/options all I want is a 46" (I think) with some sort of sound system and the ability to watch netflix, pandora, hulu, youtube

I'm debating between a 37' LG 1080 LCD or a Panasonic 46' 720p plasma. It's the same price, so help me out somebody

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I'm debating between a 37' LG 1080 LCD or a Panasonic 46' 720p plasma. It's the same price, so help me out somebody

If your going 37 inch and under, all u need is 720p

42 and over, go with 1080p

Originally Posted by DonJuan23

^^Get the 1080 man. And whats prices and Hz?

Price is 529. Hz on the LCD is 60, 600 for the plasma.They also have an RCA 46' 1080 LCD for 549. How good/bad are RCA's?I have to get it from best buy because my last tv broke and they have me a 600 gift card. And I don't really feel like spending any more than that

What exactly is a sound bar for. Would it solve the issue where action scenes have good sound but then dialog goes down to the point where you have to turn the tv up?

would any of you guys trust an RCA?
Best Buy has the 46 inch 1080p  LCD for only $549 and I'm thinking about going to pick it up

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Sup guys....Does abybody know who has the best deal for a 46"+ LED TV 120hz????[/color]

Anyone in here have Roku boxes? If so how are they and would you recommend them? I am looking at the XDS specifically...

Originally Posted by RKO2004

What exactly is a sound bar for. Would it solve the issue where action scenes have good sound but then dialog goes down to the point where you have to turn the tv up?

depends on the quality/features of the soundbar. I have a polk surroundbar and it does the job pretty well.
if the soundbar has a center channel speaker in it then it should solve the vocals issue because the center channel usually plays the vocal soundtrack of the movie (assuming its a legit copy with dolby or dts)

i was trying to get best buy to price match it since i had a gift card, but frys sold out
mad.gif

I'd get the Plasma.

1080p on a 37'' is a joke.

i was trying to get best buy to price match it since i had a gift card, but frys sold out
mad.gif
I went in a 8am, and they were already sold out. I don't know why this tv was at the price it was honestly.

anybody know what tv this is? i have a feeling its the 42LD550 that us $749 at best buy. anybody know why frys puts on there "major name brand" and doesnt put what it is?
any idea if best buy will price match?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

32904614.jpg

Back
Top Bottom