HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Fry's is usually money with their tv sales.

They advertised the 47' LG they sold last week the same way.

That's how I got my 46' Samsung during their 4th of July sale.  Fry's does not dissapoint.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

anybody know what tv this is? i have a feeling its the 42LD550 that us $749 at best buy. anybody know why frys puts on there "major name brand" and doesnt put what it is?
any idea if best buy will price match?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

32904614.jpg
Maybe a sony?

What can I do with a tv that has internet connectivity? Can I go on any website or is it just youtube/netflix?

anybody know what tv this is? i have a feeling its the 42LD550 that us $749 at best buy. anybody know why frys puts on there "major name brand" and doesnt put what it is?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

32904614.jpg

you just said it.  so that people can't price match.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

32904614.jpg
Maybe a sony?
I think on slickdeals they said it was a LG

I'm on my phone so I'm a lil limited on researching the tv, but what can I do with the internet connectivity of the tv? Am I limited? And I saw I would need a usb wifi adapter, will any one do or does it HAVE to be the LG model?

I'm on my phone so I'm a lil limited on researching the tv, but what can I do with the internet connectivity of the tv? Am I limited? And I saw I would need a usb wifi adapter, will any one do or does it HAVE to be the LG model?

Im pretty sure its limited to one model. The model for it is LG 42LD550. http://www.frys.com/produ...e=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG . Have no clue about the wifi adapter

laugh.gif
not limited to how many I can buy, but limited as to the websites I'd be able to go on or not.
Sorry bout the confusion

laugh.gif
not limited to how many I can buy, but limited as to the websites I'd be able to go on or not.
Sorry bout the confusion
Why don't you just go to fry's and buy it?

Internet capabilities will be common in tbs in the next year or two. That way you can stream content and go online without using third party hardware (ie Wii, XBOX, PS3)

Can someone point me in the direction for cheap HDMI cables, preferably 9.8ft?

Thanks in advance.

Pitman13- hit up meritline, tiger direct, everyday source. They have deals constantly. Just check slickdeals.net they post deals every week. I bought 2 6ft HDMI cable for $2 each.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Pitman13- hit up meritline, tiger direct, everyday source. They have deals constantly. Just check slickdeals.net they post deals every week. I bought 2 6ft HDMI cable for $2 each.

My Man!

Once I have my new place in August, I will invest in a set of two new towers and rear speakers, I already have my system in place and two subs, good receiver for my 3D TV (uses 1.4 HDMI).

Can't wait man, I could already envision it.

Are plasmas still recommended if you get above 46 inches?  Any good sets between 46 and 55?  What's the best brand now, LG?

Originally Posted by greatone632

Are plasmas still recommended if you get above 46 inches?  Any good sets between 46 and 55?  What's the best brand now, LG?
Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, and LG are the only HDTV's i'd buy.
If I had to choose anything other then those four, Toshiba, Sharp, Vizio, and Phillips would be it.

Thinking 42 inch Plasma after researching and living in the house now for a bit.

Panasonic still the better of the brands to go with?

Just ordered the Panasonic P50GT25. Upgrading from a 27 inch CRT.

NVM Figured it out. But if anyone is interested in this TV, Amazon has it up for like 900 which is pretty good.

just got the LG 42550LD

i like it but it seems a little dark on the picture. anybody else have this problem with LG lcds?

Back
Top Bottom