Heads Up (Pause)...Evolution Of Jay-Z on BET right now

spot rusherz

Banned
Just started...two hours
eek.gif
pimp.gif

damn 2 hours, 1 -3. just in time for the cavs v magics game.
pimp.gif

had my directv reminder on.
hope its good

tired.gif
, I already missed a hour of it... Oh well it BET, they'll re-runit about a thousand times anyway...

They skipped over a lot of his lesser known videos . . . That kinda sucked, but in the YouTube age I can't really complain . . .

Jay has on those Adidas flip flops in the "I Just Wanna Love You" video
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, my son has on a wife beater, jeans, socks and flip flops in amansion
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This joint is crazy.

There no debating the G.O.A.T MC after watching something like this.

Almost forgot how ill and impactful Hov was. LL is 63 and he don't have half of the hits that Jay does....
tired.gif
Who else can make a hit as lyrically ill and commecially appealing as "HeyPapi"? (excpet B.I.)

Well its all subjective . . . Some people aren't moved by a record like "Hey Papi" . . . I'm one of those people.

Word....cuz chit like "Freeze", "Control Myself", "Paradise", "Luv you Better", "Headsprung","Phenomenon", etc......def don't do it for me.

It is all subjective.

But as far as lyrically ill hits that appeal to mulitple demographics...I don't see anybody seeing Hov (except BIG) in the history of Hip-Hop.

He is the MJ to LL's earlier Dr.J years IMO.

I think Jay rapped in the best era because of the freedom he was allowed . . . And he's a real dude to begin with. With LL and them they couldn't jumpon a break beat and talk about robbin ninjas, they was on that "hip hop" tip, after the west came, it allowed rappers the freedom to talk aboutwhatever they wanted . . . LL is like an Isiah Thomas, as aggressive and skilled he was, he just played in a different era from an Allen Iverson or a ChrisPaul . . .

Jay is DEFFINETLY a better lyricist and rapper than LL . . . I haven't seen LL live so I don't know who is the better entertainer or MC, but Jaysconcerts are like movies . . . I remember it like it was yesterday, and it was 5 years ago . . .

Was that Lupe with 2 hefty sisters in the "Encore" video??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lastly what qualifies Damon Waynes Jr, Tank, Tacorra, and some of these other dopes t.o be able to talk about Jay?? Where's Russel Simmons, Lyor, KevLiles, Clark Kent?? BET needs to fire someone

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

I think Jay rapped in the best era because of the freedom he was allowed . . . And he's a real dude to begin with. With LL and them they couldn't jump on a break beat and talk about robbin ninjas, they was on that "hip hop" tip, after the west came, it allowed rappers the freedom to talk about whatever they wanted . . . LL is like an Isiah Thomas, as aggressive and skilled he was, he just played in a different era from an Allen Iverson or a Chris Paul . . .

Jay is DEFFINETLY a better lyricist and rapper than LL . . . I haven't seen LL live so I don't know who is the better entertainer or MC, but Jays concerts are like movies . . . I remember it like it was yesterday, and it was 5 years ago . . .

Was that Lupe with 2 hefty sisters in the "Encore" video??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lastly what qualifies Damon Waynes Jr, Tank, Tacorra, and some of these other dopes t.o be able to talk about Jay?? Where's Russel Simmons, Lyor, Kev Liles, Clark Kent?? BET needs to fire someone

I agree fully.

If you don't have L in your top 10...you not really a fan or student of Hip-Hop.

Yea LL is up there . . . The Jay, Nas, Pac BIG era to me is the best . . . That's the best 4 (of that era), then you got Com, Ghost, AZ, Gza, Big L, RasKass, Snoop, Kurupt, Black Thought . . . And atleast 20 other SOLID MCs from top to bottom . . . The average era of hip hop will have maybe 6-8 exceptionallytalented dudes, the mid 90s has a countless number of ill dudes, after the smoke cleared only a few still stand

I wouldn't call Jay the MJ of rap, he's like a Phil Jackson to me, he's more then a player, or even a trendsetter . . . He's a pace setter, aJay Z record can change hip hop . . . If he went into the studio tonight, he could have everyone copying him by summer . . . I consider Jay the GeorgeSteinbrener of rap almost . . . What other rapper can you mention in the same sentence as Russel Simmons and not sound stupid??

MJ wasn't a trendsetter?

The Mike/Jay comparison is on point...long time in the game, multiple championships, widely regarded as the best to ever do it

But on the business floor...outside of the playing field...MJ never had a clue what he was doing...Jay excels.

Maybe....
p1.magic.jpg
is a better analogy.

I was gonna say that . . . But he has AIDS and I didn't if twanna jinx Hova
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

With Jay, you can put him in the same sentence as a Nas, Big or Rakim skill wise. Business wise you can put him in the same sentence as Russel or Diddy. Andsuccess wise he's on Oprah's level IMO . . . From Marcy projects to half a billion before the age of 40 . . . Who else is doin %$$+ like that . . .He's a legend in rap, hip hop fashion, the music industry as a whole, and he has the star power of a Bradd Pitt or Tom Cruise . . . What other rapper cansay that??

When they build the Mt Rushmore of hip hop, its goin be Kool Herc, Russel Simmons, Rakim, and Jay Z . . . Or atleast I think it SHOULD be

Jay-Z=Overrated

Most of his career is bitten lyrics
His catalog is hit or miss
He's been outshined countless of times
If it came down to it lyrics wise no way is he top 10

His fame and business smarts make people thinks he top 10

Originally Posted by mossman75

Jay-Z=Overrated

Most of his career is bitten lyrics
His catalog is hit or miss
He's been outshined countless of times
If it came down to it lyrics wise no way is he top 10

His fame and business smarts make people thinks he top 10

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

- You sound like a special development child with that first statement.
- Who's isn't? BIG had 2 groundbreaking albums and some people like either one or the other. Em? Nas? Pac? Rakim? KRS?....Shut up.
- Again who hasn't? How many times has he outshined others and taken a track to a whole nother plateau? Hes shown up (or at least hung with, h/e you wanlook at it) Nas, Face, Talib, Mos, Kanye, BIG, Beans, T.I., Rick Ross, Jada, X, Styles, Mase, Snoop, Too Short, Cam, Rakim, etc. etc....MJ got shown up oncertain nights...does that diminish who he was as a player?
- Give me your 10 lyricists that are better. There might be 10 better in your opinion...but thats all subjective. I have about 5/6 better lyricists on mylist...but they can't touch Hov's consistency, flow, song making ability, musical charisma, lyrical wit, hook creation, beat choice, etc.

You sound very haterish fam. If Kris-One can call Hov the best lyricist ever...there is some validity to the statement. Even though I personally disagree.

No way theres 10 rappers better than Jay . . .

NO way . . . Not 10 lyricists . . . Not 10 MCs . . . Not 10 street poets . . .

NO way . . . Anyone that thinks there's 10 rappers than Jay is living in denial

Rakim
Kool G. Rap
KRS-One
Nas
Big Daddy Kane
Scarface
Ice Cube
Common
Slick Rick
Black Thought

^There You Have it

And why i gotta be a hater? im not a sheep like most of you cats i just go with my own opinion. I think dude is a good artist but at the same time highlyoverrated.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Rakim
Kool G. Rap
KRS-One
Nas
Big Daddy Kane
Scarface
Ice Cube
Common
Slick Rick
Black Thought

^There You Have it

And why i gotta be a hater? im not a sheep like most of you cats i just go with my own opinion. I think dude is a good artist but at the same time highly overrated.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you ask half of those dudes on that list who their favorite MC is...they will say Jay.

Face is a better lyricist than Jay? Ricky? Kane? Ice Cube?
eek.gif
roll.gif

You got it B....

Back
Top Bottom