Heat Will Break Chicago's Wins Record, Says Jeff Van Gundy

I don't know if they do it this year, but I really do believe they'll do it eventually...I could them breaking the record and still losing in the finals though.

I mean LeBron carried one a squad full of scrubs to 66 wins, another top 3 player in the league, an perennial all-star big man and a number of apt role players I wouldn't see why that isn't in play.  This site just like to hold on to all things Jordan as untouchable.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Chasing that record is fools gold and a bad idea. Teams ie.. Detroit all spent too much energy trying to get that record only to have nothing left for the playoffs. Miami's goal should be just to get the #1 seed in the NBA and if that requires breaking the record so be it, but I doubt it.
This is how I see things going down. 
and
laugh.gif
 to the people saying they are going to lose in the Playoffs.
WADE is not going to let that happen.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Chasing that record is fools gold and a bad idea. Teams ie.. Detroit all spent too much energy trying to get that record only to have nothing left for the playoffs. Miami's goal should be just to get the #1 seed in the NBA and if that requires breaking the record so be it, but I doubt it.
This is how I see things going down. 
and
laugh.gif
 to the people saying they are going to lose in the Playoffs.
WADE is not going to let that happen.

It is possible.

I just can't wait to see Lebron and Wade on the court together. It is going to be interesting to see how they coexist because their games don't really compliment each other.

It is possible.

I just can't wait to see Lebron and Wade on the court together. It is going to be interesting to see how they coexist because their games don't really compliment each other.

I think JVG is just trying to put more pressure on them. I really think he wants them to fail. Orlando should fire Stan though, hes not a good playoff coach at all.

I think JVG is just trying to put more pressure on them. I really think he wants them to fail. Orlando should fire Stan though, hes not a good playoff coach at all.

So they're going to go 73-9 or better? Okay
laugh.gif

Like others have already said....you can be one of the best teams in recent memory....BUT to get anywhere near that record you are going to have to go all-out every meaningless regular season game, every week-long road trip up north in the tundra against teams that bore you, you are going to have to deal with each city and their fans treating your road games as their Super Bowl - which is going to happen. Opposing teams are going to be going all out at you every single game to beat the Heat. That's what happened to the Bulls. You are going to get very few "sleep walking" NBA regular season games with this team, with the way everyone is gunning for them. And lastly you are going to have to stay injury free.

This topic comes up basically every year though with some new team so this is nothing new
laugh.gif

So they're going to go 73-9 or better? Okay
laugh.gif

Like others have already said....you can be one of the best teams in recent memory....BUT to get anywhere near that record you are going to have to go all-out every meaningless regular season game, every week-long road trip up north in the tundra against teams that bore you, you are going to have to deal with each city and their fans treating your road games as their Super Bowl - which is going to happen. Opposing teams are going to be going all out at you every single game to beat the Heat. That's what happened to the Bulls. You are going to get very few "sleep walking" NBA regular season games with this team, with the way everyone is gunning for them. And lastly you are going to have to stay injury free.

This topic comes up basically every year though with some new team so this is nothing new
laugh.gif

I love how many think this is impossible or farfetched.

If lebron can win 66 games with the cavs and the team he had there, (i wont call them scrubs but the heat are 10x better) what makes you think he cant win 7 more games with the roster he has now?

If lebron can win 66 games with the cavs and the team he had there, (i wont call them scrubs but the heat are 10x better) what makes you think he cant win 7 more games with the roster he has now?

I love how many think this is impossible or farfetched

Because we've never seen the Heat play one game. Because we don't know how the role players will work out. Because we go over this every single year. One year we are asking if the Lakers can do it after we saw them play .900 ball the first month. Another year we are asking the same thing with Boston. Another year it's someone else. Of course ppl are going to laugh at this.

There's a reason why 72 wins is looked at so highly. And people have outlined the reasons for that. This is a seven month grind.

Can a slim amount of teams get to 65, 66, 67 wins here and there? Sure. Even Lebron has done it. But it's a whole nother beast to get to 73. Go look up the number of teams in the history of the NBA that have won more than even 69. There's just one.

As I mentioned above my personal sticking point is the Super Bowl factor - and that's what is going to make it nearly impossible for them. The Heat have become so despised while being so star-packed that they will be walking into sold out arenas with rabid fans - while also playing against teams whose players want to beat them badly plus have this game circled on their calendars.

Now compare that to "normal" NBA regular season games where teams go through the motions, half the teams play to empty arenas, etc.

73-9 is something we honestly should never even bring up until someone is well on pace after the all star break, it's almost pointless.

I love how many think this is impossible or farfetched

Because we've never seen the Heat play one game. Because we don't know how the role players will work out. Because we go over this every single year. One year we are asking if the Lakers can do it after we saw them play .900 ball the first month. Another year we are asking the same thing with Boston. Another year it's someone else. Of course ppl are going to laugh at this.

There's a reason why 72 wins is looked at so highly. And people have outlined the reasons for that. This is a seven month grind.

Can a slim amount of teams get to 65, 66, 67 wins here and there? Sure. Even Lebron has done it. But it's a whole nother beast to get to 73. Go look up the number of teams in the history of the NBA that have won more than even 69. There's just one.

As I mentioned above my personal sticking point is the Super Bowl factor - and that's what is going to make it nearly impossible for them. The Heat have become so despised while being so star-packed that they will be walking into sold out arenas with rabid fans - while also playing against teams whose players want to beat them badly plus have this game circled on their calendars.

Now compare that to "normal" NBA regular season games where teams go through the motions, half the teams play to empty arenas, etc.

73-9 is something we honestly should never even bring up until someone is well on pace after the all star break, it's almost pointless.

If they couldn't do it NOW, come on. That Bulls team probably could have gone 80-2 in today's standards of "basketball".

This Heat team? I don't think they could do it. They just aren't that good.

If they couldn't do it NOW, come on. That Bulls team probably could have gone 80-2 in today's standards of "basketball".

well lets say just they split with orlando, boston, and lakers, thats already 5 loses....Bulls will beat them, i think dallas and oklahoma can take one too....thats 8.....im sure they will have 3 cough up games so i dont see it happening at all

well lets say just they split with orlando, boston, and lakers, thats already 5 loses....Bulls will beat them, i think dallas and oklahoma can take one too....thats 8.....im sure they will have 3 cough up games so i dont see it happening at all

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

Exactly.  There is no way to guard that team.  It's unfair that Stern is letting a team like this play.
laugh.gif
tired.gif
  Also, they're in the East so that helps their chances.

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

Exactly.  There is no way to guard that team.  It's unfair that Stern is letting a team like this play.
laugh.gif
tired.gif
  Also, they're in the East so that helps their chances.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

They won't split with Boston (sweep)
Orlando might win one game.
Lakers will win one game.
Bulls won't stand a chance vs them.
Dallas will get swept
OKC might get one.

That's 3
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outkast9984

They won't split with Boston (sweep)
Orlando might win one game.
Lakers will win one game.
Bulls won't stand a chance vs them.
Dallas will get swept
OKC might get one.

That's 3
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom