Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not working. I took a leave of disability for severe Crohn's disease. I suffer from it badly for yearsHad colitis from 93-'02 and then had surgery to remove my entire large intestine. A liver transplant was a year later) and this year I decided to take time for myself. Started Feb 1 for 3 months. Got an extension though June 2nd due to my scope procedure getting pushed back due to Covid.

My second extension got denied as I applied for one being a high risk transplant patient working with the public. Everyone agreed with me that I shouldn't be there. But I can't believe the insurance company told me that being a severe high risk patient, who is a transplant patient, and I have to talk to people coming in who I have ZERO CLUE who they were in contact with, during a pandemic, isn't a form of disability. I was pissed!!

So I had to get the extension for Crohn's. My doctor sent over our recent telemedicine call, blood tests and my overall condition (which sucks as I am going 15-30 times a day still 😞). I hope to get my extension approved this week. Once it does then I'll actually get paid. I stopped getting paid June 3rd. Thankfully, I have some $$ saved, and my wife does very well. She doesn't want me going back ever. If I get the extension, it should go through my full 6 months to the early part of August.

The short term disability I took was a blessing. There was NO WAY IN HELL I'd have been at work back in late February/early March. No way. When I do go back, I'll play it by ear. If I don't feel safe, or it gets worse in terms of positive cases in my state, county, etc, and customers give us crap about having to wear a mask, I'll go home!

I've been doing this job for over 23 years. I used to love it. I did it for the cars and to help people. I know the industry is bad with LOADS of bad eggs. Not me. I went the extra mile to help people. And it showed as I sold families over and over. Lots of referrals. Some of my good customers have seen me from when I started at age 20, to when I was on my death bed (I worked while waiting for my liver to become available) to a guy in his early 40s). But this job has changed and you have to work too much for very little $$$. That's a price I'm not willing to pay. I value my time with my wife over that!

Good luck with everything, have you considered an attorney? A lot are free and just tax the backpay. I know my pops had hell getting his disability (permanent) hired I think the Disability Group and they got him approved.

Hey bud, thanks for asking. I'm actually not working. I took a leave of disability for severe Crohn's disease. I suffer from it badly for years(Had colitis from age 16 in '93-'02 and then had surgery to remove my entire large intestine. A liver transplant was a year later) and this year I decided, for once, to take time for myself. Started Feb 1 for 3 months. Got an extension though June 2nd due to my scope procedure getting pushed back due to Covid.

My second extension got denied as I applied for one being a high risk transplant patient working with the public. Everyone agreed with me that I shouldn't be there. But I can't believe the insurance company told me that being a severe high risk patient, who is a transplant patient, and I have to talk to people coming in who I have ZERO CLUE who they were in contact with, during a pandemic, isn't a form of disability. I was pissed!!

So I had to get the extension for Crohn's. My doctor sent over our recent telemedicine call, blood tests and my overall condition (which sucks as I am going to the bathroom 15-30 times a day still 😞). I hope to get my extension approved this week. Once it does then I'll actually get paid again. I stopped getting paid June 3rd. Thankfully, I have some $$ saved, and my wife does very well. She doesn't want me going back ever. She wants me to stay home & not work. If I get the extension, it should go through my full 6 months to the early part of August.

The short term disability I took was a blessing. There was NO WAY IN HELL I'd have been at work back in late February/early March. No way. When I do go back, I'll play it by ear. If I don't feel safe, or it gets worse in terms of positive cases in my state, county, etc, and customers give us crap about having to wear a mask, I'll go home!

I've been doing this job for over 23 years. I used to love it. I did it for the cars and to help people. I know the industry is bad with LOADS of bad eggs. Not me. I went the extra mile to help people. And it showed as I sold families over and over. Lots of referrals. Some of my good customers have seen me from when I started at age 20, to when I was on my death bed (I worked while waiting for my liver to become available in 2003 at age 27) to a guy in his early 40s). But this job has changed and you have to work so much and so many hours for very little $$$. That's a price I'm not willing to pay. I value my time with my wife over that! I'm hoping to find something easier for me. Even if it's a drop in income. I don't care.

i had a mild form of colorist when I was a child But it was very bad one year as I couldn’t go to school and leave the house and I can tell you it’s no joke and to this day the first thing for me when I get sick is my stomach and I need to use the bathroom often

don’t put yourself at risk of course you need a income for you and your family but any job is not work risking your life

I know you posted your condition before I just hope it gets better for you sometime down the line

take care of yourself And try as much as you can to stay away from strangers in this troubling time

Weird how cases are spiking in florida like New York did but the deaths are remaining constant.

i had a mild form of colorist when I was a child But it was very bad one year as I couldn’t go to school and leave the house and I can tell you it’s no joke and to this day the first thing for me when I get sick is my stomach and I need to use the bathroom often

don’t put yourself at risk of course you need a income for you and your family but any job is not work risking your life

I know you posted your condition before I just hope it gets better for you sometime down the line

take care of yourself And try as much as you can to stay away from strangers in this troubling time
Appreciate that but this isn’t really a disability issue. It’s a matter of the hospital not doing my surgery because of the pandemic. I was originally supposed to have the surgery last June but it has been a wild ride of delays and barriers. I even went to jail for losing my cool at a possible resources office. I couldve already had it off and been in recovery. Now I don’t know what the timeline is.
everyday is torture as it is living with this thing. Every single waking and even sleeping moment. I’m tired. weed and nt is the only thing that helps. I’m trying to find a mail plug and I’m going balls to the wall hustling. Eff it

Bar and restaurant industry need some kind of direct stimulus. Ridiculous for them to be open (just dine-in service for restaurants) right now.

Yall love to clown people outside at beaches, but completely restricting people's ability to spend prolonged periods of time indoors in stale air environments is the important thing.

Man I really hope NY can get to 0 daily deaths. Would be such a major positive in all of this. Really the biggest win of this entire thing so far.

I wish that also but I think there’s just too many cases but it would be impossible

Don’t forget there are lotta cases that aren’t counted

as long as their are cases there is unfortunately going to be deaths
but nyc has come a long way

i just hope people will think before coming into ny from other states and people leaving New York will think before going somewhere else

We all need to stay where were at

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom