Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread been slowing down.
Y’all stay safe and follow the gems dropped in this thread earlier. Don’t let your guard down this thing ain’t going away any time soon.
The new norm will continue for a long time.

Last half of the summer had the news talking about vaccine this, vaccine that but in here we all know that’s a fairy tale.

Y’all stay safe and follow the gems dropped in this thread earlier. Don’t let your guard down this thing ain’t going away any time soon.

Last half of the summer had the news talking about vaccine this, vaccine that but in here we all know that’s a fairy tale.

your unfortunately right
people where saying don’t be so gloomy in the posts I made in this thread in the past couple of months

I can’t see this getting any better
scary times where all living in

This thread slowing down is the same as people letting their guard down IRL. I see and hear people acting like the threat is gone and it's time to get back to normal, when in reality we've only gotten back down to June levels of daily infections in the US (California as well). My county is still in the worst (widespread) tier, but yesterday finally hit the levels to be considered for the second worst (substantial) tier and everyone seems to think this means it's time to take off our masks and celebrate, when we still have so far to go. Fall is here, Winter is coming and it will soon be nearly impossible to quickly determine whether those symptoms are "just a cold". Around here elementary schools are being granted waivers to start in person classes again and I predict they will be closed again just as quickly as they reopen. We are lucky that COVID initially hit after winter and I'm afraid that this winter is going to bring a wave that most people haven't even begun to imagine. IMO, it's time to start thinking about buying some better masks and other necessities that were previously hard to find in the next few months as supplies become plentiful.

People are already discussing how they want to do Halloween. Just like dining in, hanging out, gym, this apparently is a necessity for some people. Would you die or suffer if you miss 1 Halloween this year? As much as I am glad the number is going down in my county, I am afraid that only leads us to another wave. People will definitely lower their guard down for sure. We'll see. Hope I am wrong.

Municipalities are blowing up all over Denmark. We did pretty well shutting down and fairly well re-opening, but habits and practices are falling by the wayside.

I'm scheduled for some new tests next week, I've had some persistent neurological ****, that has been minor enough to ignore, but just wont go away. Feels like my entire nervous system is low-key firing all the time and have a sleeping sensation, slight numbness occupying feet, hands and face with varying severity.

So I have to get to bottom of this: Either I had COVID in January and have some long-term effects or something potentially equally as bad is going on. It's mostly a minor annoyance, but it's an almost constant one.

Stay safe, everyone. And keep focused. The first couple months were easy. It's this long haul for the next 6+ months that will be tougher, especially with the added complexity of schools opening and the holidays coming. People are fatiguing and drifting towards pre-covid norms.

Find ways to balance the risks. Keep yourselves healthy and focus your energy on your own sanity and the happiness of family and close friends.

Personally, I'm going to have to make a trip to the dentist eventually....

Here are today's numbers. Cases have flatlined over the past month. If anything, they may be going up. In most Midwestern states and some in the West and South, numbers are going up. I fully expect a "third wave", if you consider the two peaks in hospitalizations from April and September as the first two waves. I think it'll run a longer time course and extend from October through January, with deaths in the 500-1000 per day range. But maybe the people who are going to be careless have been careless and have already been exposed. So I'm naively hopeful that we may just see a slow decline in hospitalizations and deaths instead.

Last edited:
Stay safe, everyone. And keep focused. The first couple months were easy. It's this long haul for the next 6+ months that will be tougher, especially with the added complexity of schools opening and the holidays coming. People are fatiguing and drifting towards pre-covid norms.

Find ways to balance the risks. Keep yourselves healthy and focus your energy on your own sanity and the happiness of family and close friends.

Personally, I'm going to have to make a trip to the dentist eventually....

Here are today's numbers. Cases have flatlined over the past month. If anything, they may be going up. In most Midwestern states and some in the West and South, numbers are going up. I fully expect a "third wave", if you consider the two peaks in hospitalizations from April and September as the first two waves. I think it'll run a longer time course and extend from October through January, with deaths in the 500-1000 per day range. But maybe the people who are going to be careless have been careless and have already been exposed. So I'm naively hopeful that we may just see a slow decline in hospitalizations and deaths instead.

jesus christ a thousand deaths a day
nyc was hit so bad in march and april

possibly 30,000 a month
i hope your wrong

As a parent, I was hoping to be able to have my children vaccinated at the same time as me and my wife so we would all have some level of protection and feel comfortable sending them back to school and extracurricular activities ASAP, but that doesn’t appear likely. Totally overlooked this possibility.

People are already discussing how they want to do Halloween. Just like dining in, hanging out, gym, this apparently is a necessity for some people. Would you die or suffer if you miss 1 Halloween this year? As much as I am glad the number is going down in my county, I am afraid that only leads us to another wave. People will definitely lower their guard down for sure. We'll see. Hope I am wrong.
People will unfortunately drop their guard. Just watch around you come Thanksgiving. You know folks need to get together with family or the the young ones have to post about their Friendsgiving.

My job sending out emails that someone was positive at 2 of our locations. SMH
At least your work tells you. My boy that I work with tested positive on Monday. Work didn’t say ****, just sent home the people that worked close to him...then they had to come back in the following morning :smh:

Once the temp starts dropping I’m gonna be more alert
Can’t be lax in the winter that’s for sure
I wonder if parents are gonna take their kids treat or treating

I was just going through some receipts and noticed I started my "pandemic panic buying" to start stocking up for potential shortages on February 22nd. Can't believe 7 months have passed. I'm happy to say we did go through everything except the canned vegetables that were basically bought in case of apocalypse and fresh produce harvest got shut down, which thankfully it never did. I'll probably donate those.

Back
Top Bottom