Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ahh but the problem is that testing is not broadly applied everywhere. Testing is limited in america, and expensive. I saw a newspaper article about dude who got tested for coronavirus and was negative (he had no insurance) and he got hit with a 3000 dollar bill smh

The fact that South Korea is testing 10000 people a day is crazy. Maybe I should move there, I'm learning the language already :lol:

Most people wont need to go to the hospital as the article states. Youre either going cause you ACTUALLY need to, or youre paranoid. In any case, stay home if youre sick so you dont spread it to someone whos gonna suffer more. Like articles have said, dont stress the system too much, save it for those who really need it. Cancer, broken bones, other diseases isnt on pause while this is happening.

Most people wont need to go to the hospital as the article states. Youre either going cause you ACTUALLY need to, or youre paranoid. In any case, stay home if youre sick so you dont spread it to someone whos gonna suffer more. Like articles have said, dont stress the system too much, save it for those who really need it. Cancer, broken bones, other diseases isnt on pause while this is happening.
Agreed, if you feel like you can stay home, stay home. I'm just responding to your post that we'll have more accurate data of the fatality rate when the test is more broadly applied. Just saying that won't happen...when people stay home.

Agreed, if you feel like you can stay home, stay home. I'm just responding to your post that we'll have more accurate data of the fatality rate when the test is more broadly applied. Just saying that won't happen...when people stay home.

Fatality rate should also be divided by age group to inform us.

Several people that I’ve been exposed to are out sick. One guy has a mild fever, cough, and shortness of breath. I knew this **** would happen.
Where are you?
You keeping that glass half full is impressive! We need that balance.

Glass half empty rebuttal: even if the fatality rate ends up being half of 1-2%, that's still 5-10x higher than seasonal influenza :ohwell:
The more people get infected the more people will fall into that 1-2% category. 1-2% out of 600-some odd people currently doesn't sound alarming but what about when the numbers spike up and we have hundreds of thousands infected then that 1-2% doesn't seem that low anymore.
Also countries that are doing a better job than us at testing more people are still seeing that 3-4% rate.

extremely happy I didnt pay a ton on resale tickets to see Rage Against the Machine for the next month. I was gonna go to 3-4 different ones out of state. I would not have gone. Passed on the Lakers/Clippers game because I dont want to be at any sporting events for a while.

If you got a pair for Oregon hook me up :nerd:

Where are you?

The more people get infected the more people will fall into that 1-2% category. 1-2% out of 600-some odd people currently doesn't sound alarming but what about when the numbers spike up and we have hundreds of thousands infected then that 1-2% doesn't seem that low anymore.
Also countries that are doing a better job than us at testing more people are still seeing that 3-4% rate.

Break it by age, find an article that does.

I havent seen toilet paper shortages here in the LA area. But sanitizer and anything related to it? Impossible. Overpaid for some on eBay.

I went to Costco last week
They were out of paper towels and toilet paper
The whole section was empty
They had plenty of danish’s tho
I got an apple and cheese danish lol
First time seeing a sign saying there was a limit to each customer
I think it was like 3 or 5 per person for water and toilet paper

I havent seen toilet paper shortages here in the LA area. But sanitizer and anything related to it? Impossible. Overpaid for some on eBay.

i've hit up costco twice within less than two weeks, no TP, no paper towels, no lysol/chlorox wipes, and no kirkland water. (city of industry, ca)

ebay seem to have blocked sanitizer listings

I can't find any in stores. Had to go to a different Walmart to find some hand soap left. Copped several jugs of distilled vinegar lol. We set on TP and water.

I haven't been following the madness too closely... Is there a specific reason why we're not able to test people as efficiently as South Korea has?

I don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom