Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are the 1 shot Pfizer and Moderna boosters as effective as the first 2 doses combined? or is it just basically a third shot?
Wouldn't this just be giving you 50% of the protection that the 2 doses give you? Why aren't boosters just another 2 dose round for max effectiveness? This gives me the feeling that we're going to be right back here in 6 months needing another booster.
There’s some evidence that the booster is necessary so quickly because the first 2 doses are being given so close together in an effort to give a high degree of immunity quickly in an effort to slow the pandemic. Some scientists argue that if the second dose was administered several months later that immunity would last longer, but it also means people wouldn’t be as well protected while they wait for the second dose. However, UK and Canada (IIRC) spaced their doses (12 weeks?) and I’m pretty sure they’re also giving boosters, so I can’t say what the optimal strategy is at this point. I’ll just keep getting boosters when recommended and maintain all precautions within reason.

heard one of my colleagues tested positive. not in the same department and do not have any interaction, but still going to see if i can get a test done. everyone in the office is vaccinated, so that's kind of reassuring

Respectfully, I actually think the opposite. Vaccines will be less of a push strictly because they don’t prevent omicron transmission. CDC needs to change the definition of “fully vaccinated” to include the booster.

My boy works at finishline and said theyre closed this whole week....biggest shopping week of the year, because too much of the staff tested positive. Thats brazyyy

wyokmmgwtm681.jpg

Some people still don't understand the purpose of vaccines and why we take them. Decided to look in the kyrie sneaker thread and someone didn't understand why kyrie was more susceptible to covid being unvaxxed. Then made some unrelated argument about more vaxxed people testing positive than unvaxxed in ontario.

Brilliant
Yeah this man has the right approach to these types of people: make a comparison demonstrating how dumb their argument is and terminate the conversation.

I feel like there's been too much tolerance given to objectively bad arguments and talking points in the spirit of civility and "educating." These people don't want to know and they don't care. They want to believe what they believe despite all of the evidence pointing to the contrary.

Just got pinged again - and my worst one yet. Honestly, not happy just now. Saw my parents and sister's family indoors for the first time in 18 months - they've been meeting but we haven't joined them and have just met outdoors.

It was my mom's birthday so we had a meal yesterday - checked everyone had done a test before (and everyone is vaccinated, adults boosted (except my brother in law who had one booked for this week) other than my nephew and niece who have just had a single dose so far) and they were all fine. We were there a couple of hours and apparently my niece began to feel unwell so did a test when we left - and it came up positive. I just got the official word that her PCR was positive.

Managed to get a test tonight - but I'll not got the results until at least late tomorrow so that's a day off work even if I'm negative (and I'm testing the power of 3 Pfizer's now too). Even with that I had a bunch of very vulnerable people booked in the next few days so I'm going to have to put them off until January even if I come up negative.

We talked about it and should have stuck to our guns - today we'd be saying "we told you so" and Christmas wouldn't have been at risk. My wife and kids are all booked in for tests tomorrow too - I might be free to get around but if anyone tests positive we're on our own for Christmas (again).

Just got pinged again - and my worst one yet. Honestly, not happy just now. Saw my parents and sister's family indoors for the first time in 18 months - they've been meeting but we haven't joined them and have just met outdoors.

It was my mom's birthday so we had a meal yesterday - checked everyone had done a test before (and everyone is vaccinated, adults boosted (except my brother in law who had one booked for this week) other than my nephew and niece who have just had a single dose so far) and they were all fine. We were there a couple of hours and apparently my niece began to feel unwell so did a test when we left - and it came up positive. I just got the official word that her PCR was positive.

Managed to get a test tonight - but I'll not got the results until at least late tomorrow so that's a day off work even if I'm negative (and I'm testing the power of 3 Pfizer's now too). Even with that I had a bunch of very vulnerable people booked in the next few days so I'm going to have to put them off until January even if I come up negative.

We talked about it and should have stuck to our guns - today we'd be saying "we told you so" and Christmas wouldn't have been at risk. My wife and kids are all booked in for tests tomorrow too - I might be free to get around but if anyone tests positive we're on our own for Christmas (again).
Really sorry to hear this. Wouldn't it technically be too soon to test if you were just exposed yesterday?

Really sorry to hear this. Wouldn't it technically be too soon to test if you were just exposed yesterday?

Yeah, a lot of people only become positive a little later than that - but our guidance here is isolate when you are informed until you've had a negative test - and then for work I need a daily rapid test - which as of today we're doing routinely anyway. A few weeks ago they said that if it was the Omicron variant you were exposed to that you just had to isolate for 10 days no matter what the result of the PCR was - but that has changed and as long as you've had a booster with a negative test you don't have to.

Yeah, a lot of people only become positive a little later than that - but our guidance here is isolate when you are informed until you've had a negative test - and then for work I need a daily rapid test - which as of today we're doing routinely anyway. A few weeks ago they said that if it was the Omicron variant you were exposed to that you just had to isolate for 10 days no matter what the result of the PCR was - but that has changed and as long as you've had a booster with a negative test you don't have to.
So you will wait until tomorrow for PCR results, then assuming it's negative you'll do a rapid test daily in order to continue working? With a negative test daily, why would you "have to put them off until January even if I come up negative."?

Back
Top Bottom