Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

The most disturbing thing for me is that have two years of bad luck regarding Covid, the country is depending on getting lucky going forward.

The same complainers that have been proven wrong before, are not complaining about the little we are doing now

Seems like stupidity in constant pursuit of validation

in my gym you have to put it on when you walk to equipment.
I guess covid isn't contagious while you're bench pressing. :lol:

i really really really can't wait for the covid theater to be over.
At gym I go to about 10% of goers have started going maskless and workers just stopped caring basically. Indoor mask ban goes away this Saturday in WA state for places like gyms, restaurants, bars, stores, etc. so I'm sure the gym will be about 50% maskless soon and closer to 75% like it was last summer during the brief period before mandates got put back in place. As someone who sweats a good deal I'm definitely not going to be wearing one next week and know the risks involved (I'm boosted if that matters).

For those continuing to mask regardless of it being required/CDC guidelines when do you think you'll feel comfortable in most public spaces not wearing one? I really hope it's not like last year where after a couple months masks are once again required indoors, though I definitely see more states not going back to mandates this time unless its much worse.

For those continuing to mask regardless of it being required/CDC guidelines when do you think you'll feel comfortable in most public spaces not wearing one? I really hope it's not like last year where after a couple months masks are once again required indoors, though I definitely see more states not going back to mandates this time unless its much worse.

I can't see myself feeling comfortable being indoors without a mask in public anytime soon. The bigger question for me will be when I feel comfortable being indoors around extended family. TBH, it's not really any different than the risk of being with strangers because they're taking all the risks, so probably staying masked up around them too for the forseeable future. People wanna act like they can let down their guard around family and friends, but that's usually where they end up catching it.

I can't see myself feeling comfortable being indoors without a mask in public anytime soon. The bigger question for me will be when I feel comfortable being indoors around extended family. TBH, it's not really any different than the risk of being with strangers because they're taking all the risks, so probably staying masked up around them too for the forseeable future. People wanna act like they can let down their guard around family and friends, but that's usually where they end up catching it.

DTA

d9bc31e628f380a586d4acaafc3568f0_576d413d-6a12-4575-a1ed-b6a249d09545_large.jpg

At gym I go to about 10% of goers have started going maskless and workers just stopped caring basically. Indoor mask ban goes away this Saturday in WA state for places like gyms, restaurants, bars, stores, etc. so I'm sure the gym will be about 50% maskless soon and closer to 75% like it was last summer during the brief period before mandates got put back in place. As someone who sweats a good deal I'm definitely not going to be wearing one next week and know the risks involved (I'm boosted if that matters).

people can do what they want, but a healthy vaxxed and boosted adult.
wearing a mask in gym just seems highly silly.

unless you're wearing a tightly sealed N95 the entire time you workout,
I think it's a totally futile act.

If you are that worried about covid you prob should just stay home.

people can do what they want, but a healthy vaxxed and boosted adult.
wearing a mask in gym just seems highly silly.

unless you're wearing a tightly sealed N95 the entire time you workout,
I think it's a totally futile act.

If you are that worried about covid you prob should just stay home.

Specifically in a gym I kinda agree. Too many people huffin and puffin and you also huffin and puffin and sweating getting your mask wet and ****. I dont see if helping much either.

Specifically in a gym I kinda agree. Too many people huffin and puffin and you also huffin and puffin and sweating getting your mask wet and ****. I dont see if helping much either.

I just find it so frustrating how little is being done to prevent the next pandemic;
no ramp up deployment of variant specific vaccines or prevent future waves.
no reforms to the WHO, CDC and the FDA after their numerous **** ups.

but people are busy fighting dumb culture wars about masks
the least effective covid intervention we have.

I just find it so frustrating how little is being done to prevent the next pandemic;
no ramp up deployment of variant specific vaccines or prevent future waves.
no reforms to the WHO, CDC and the FDA after their numerous **** ups.

but people are busy fighting dumb culture wars about masks
the least effective covid intervention we have.

High quality respirator masks (kf94, kn95, n95) are the MOST effective tool we have to prevent infection. Vaccines will help keep the virus from invading your organs, but the mask will keep you from getting infected in the first place.

High quality respirator masks (kf94, kn95, n95) are the MOST effective tool we have to prevent infection. Vaccines will help keep the virus from invading your organs, but the mask will keep you from getting infected in the first place.

yah sure that's fine in a fantasy world where people wear high quality masks.

but in reality;

most people are not wearing high quality N95 masks,
mask mandates don't require you to wear high quality N95 masks.
and many people don't even wear their masks correctly.

so in actual practice the most effective covid intervention is getting vaccinated.

forcing people to wear dollar store fabric masks imo is just a pointless argument for culture war addicts.

I have N95 masks, i've had them and worn them since the start of the pandemic.
and I would encourage people that worried about covid to wear that.

but lets be real,
the dude at the gym wearing bandanna only covering his mouth isn't protecting anyone from anything. :lol:

Yes, many people wore masks poorly, and didn't wear good enough masks. By itself, that really isn't a strong argument against mask mandates unless it can be shown it wipes out all benefit from other people masking. Also, there are people that have properly worn high-quality masks that will stop masking as a result of mandates going away

If another Omicron level outbreak happened, it would be peak stupid for anyone to argue "Let us not do something that might slow down the spread because not everyone will comply". If it helps, we should do it, and just like with the Omicron outbreak they need to be more messaging about the kinds of masks people should have, the government should make them freely available to people, and people need to be educated about how to wear them. Anything to minimize the level of death and disruption is a good thing

Arguments that if cases continuously drop and with the availability of vaccines and antivirals there is not a need for widespread masking. So the mandates, indoor included, can go for now. Fine.

However, again if cases start to spike like crazy then people masking up is smart and I don't think it is wise for people to act like masking doesn't matter because that will just fuel the same anger against them if they are ever brought back.

That just seems like taking a side in the culture war, while bemoaning the culture war's existence.

Last edited:
yah sure that's fine in a fantasy world where people wear high quality masks.

but in reality;

most people are not wearing high quality N95 masks,
mask mandates don't require you to wear high quality N95 masks.
and many people don't even wear their masks correctly.

so in actual practice the most effective covid intervention is getting vaccinated.

forcing people to wear dollar store fabric masks imo is just a pointless argument for culture war addicts.

I have N95 masks, i've had them and worn them since the start of the pandemic.
and I would encourage people that worried about covid to wear that.

but lets be real,
the dude at the gym wearing bandanna only covering his mouth isn't protecting anyone from anything. :lol:
Don’t let perfection get in the way of progress. Even a basic mask will block some viral particles and the innoculum matters. The more virus someone else breathes out the more there is in the air for you to inhale. The more virus you inhale, the higher chance it will evade your vaccine induced immunity.

I'm vaccinated, boosted and in 2 days will get my 4th shot and yet, I still wear a mask every time I go into ANY store. Don't care what anyone says to me (thankfully no one has said anything to me yet). And yes I did have Omicron, and my PCR I took on Feb 4th showed it (I got sick the last week of the year but couldn't get a test to save my life in my area. Had symptoms then, didn't for mt PCR) and now knowing how horrible I felt, and yet I was careful but still caught it, I'll keep wearing my mask.

Don’t let perfection get in the way of progress. Even a basic mask will block some viral particles and the innoculum matters. The more virus someone else breathes out the more there is in the air for you to inhale. The more virus you inhale, the higher chance it will evade your vaccine induced immunity.

im not saying they don't block some particles.

im saying I don't see the point of arguing about given the level of protection it provides.

you gotta do a cost benefit calculation.
im not demanding perfection, I just don't think the benefit is large enough.

we have effective antivirals, we have tons of vaccine supply.
I don't think it's worth it.

if you are worried about covid, wear an N95 but forcing everyone else to as well I don't think there is nearly enough benefit to justify the cost.

and if im going to spend political capital, id much rather spend it on vaccine madates and passports,
than cotton masks.

Like every state is dropping mask mandates

What is there even to complain about?

Who is spending political capital defending them at this point

Or is this yet another instance of taking issue with a small group of "vocal progressives"?

Yes, many people wore masks poorly, and didn't wear good enough masks. By itself, that really isn't a strong argument against mask mandates unless it can be shown it wipes out all benefit from other people masking. Also, there are people that have properly worn high-quality masks that will stop masking as a result of mandates going away

If another Omicron level outbreak happened, it would be peak stupid for anyone to argue "Let us not do something that might slow down the spread because not everyone will comply". If it helps, we should do it, and just like with the Omicron outbreak they need to be more messaging about the kinds of masks people should have, the government should make them freely available to people, and people need to be educated about how to wear them. Anything to minimize the level of death and disruption is a good thing

Arguments that if cases continuously drop and with the availability of vaccines and antivirals there is not a need for widespread masking. So the mandates, indoor included, can go for now. Fine.

However, again if cases start to spike like crazy then people masking up is smart and I don't think it is wise for people to act like masking doesn't matter because that will just fuel the same anger against them if they are ever brought back.

That just seems like taking a side in the culture war, while bemoaning the culture war's existence.

I can agree
if a new situation, variant arises masks might need to come back.
and I think government should provide high quality n95 for people who want to protect themselves.

especially the immunocompromised.

I still have a case of N95, im not throwing mine away.

Like every state is dropping mask mandates

What is there even to complain about?

Who is spending political capital defending them at this point?

Or is this yet another instances of taking issue with a small group of "vocal progressive" for the millionth time

where I live they dropped the vaccine mandates and passports, but we still got mask mandates.

I don't think it's a progressive thing,

tbh it might be a Canadian rule follower thing. which has its pluses and minuses. :lol:

here there's a vocal minority of highly neurotic people who have made covid hawkery their "thing"
where it seems anything reduces covid by .1% is something the government should mandate.

it just seems silly to be wearing a mask on my way to the treadmill,
and then run 5 miles beside someone with no mask. :lol:

Vegas this past weekend was jam packed and more than 80% were maskless. Bigger crowds than I saw pre covid.

where I live they dropped the vaccine mandates and passports, but we still got mask mandates.

I don't think it's a progressive thing,

tbh it might be a Canadian rule follower thing. which has its pluses and minuses. :lol:

here there's a vocal minority of highly neurotic people who have made covid hawkery their "thing"
where it seems anything reduces covid by .1% is something the government should mandate.

it just seems silly to be wearing a mask on my way to the treadmill,
and then run 5 miles beside someone with no mask. :lol:
-The reason I asked is that you mentioned the culture war.

Those people overly cautious about Covid might vocally disagree with a policy but I don't mind that because that is all the highest level their disagreement rises to most of the time.

The antimask side has been outta pocket for years fighting the culture war.

I rather have someone looking goofy on a treadmill than someone harassing workers and knocking over the pre-workout powder display because they don't get their way.

-Also, I would think the political calculation in Canada, in your area, is different than the states. Are Canadian politicians really burning that much political capital right now?

And you live in the Toronto area right? This true then, their mandate is going away in two weeks...

Last edited:
im not saying they don't block some particles.

im saying I don't see the point of arguing about given the level of protection it provides.

you gotta do a cost benefit calculation.
im not demanding perfection, I just don't think the benefit is large enough.

we have effective antivirals, we have tons of vaccine supply.
I don't think it's worth it.

if you are worried about covid, wear an N95 but forcing everyone else to as well I don't think there is nearly enough benefit to justify the cost.

and if im going to spend political capital, id much rather spend it on vaccine madates and passports,
than cotton masks.
Cost benefit analysis… What’s the cost? How much is your health worth? Considering how common long COVID is and the long list of potential effects after being infected I only see benefits. FWIW, I’m not talking about mandates, just personal responsibility. Nobody is asking anyone to choose between masks or vaccines, so why not both? With everyone else taking their masks off, I think it’s even more important to wear the best mask you can right now with BA.2 lurking. Maybe I’m missing the point you’re trying to make.

Vegas this past weekend was jam packed and more than 80% were maskless. Bigger crowds than I saw pre covid.
Noticed this too, place is packed

Seems like everyone that put off a trip is trying to get it in before summer comes along

Had tickets to the Gonzaga game tonight but I'm staying home. Watching the game on TV and not a mask in sight

Back
Top Bottom