Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope this post finds this threat and all you participants in good health and spirit.

Over here Covid is gone from the front page or at least we're more worried about tethering on the abyss of chemical, biological, nuclear war in Europe. I keep an eye on the numbers most days, but for all encompassing purposes, I'm making an effort to lower my own Covid alarm levels. I'm still in a Long Covid limbo and still connected to the LC clinic, but treatment is mostly about management rather than a cure. The last two years of medical gas-lightning has messed with me and I've asked the clinic to refer me to some mental health resources. But all in all, having severe anxiety and having to deal with the last two years different world-ending apocalyptic scenarios, I'm pretty cool as long as I have my coffeeshop visits.

I still foot/elbow open doors and press elevator buttons with my keys and refuse to handshake fools. I retired the handshake forever-ever, because Covid or not, everywhere I go, I see dirty hand-coughers every-*******-where.

To be honest with you, as long as you’re not getting your vaccine in a back alley an anaphylactic reaction can be managed. It can be life threatening and that’s why when you receive a shot the health care provider has treatments on hand for that scenario.

I’m sure you’re more likely to be allergic to peanuts or shellfish than any vaccine.

If you want to know the truth I’d be more concerned about getting guillan barre after a flu shot than I would any Covid vaccine related effects. Before you tell me you can get it from covid shots too, yes I know you can get it from J&j, which I would never recommend anyone get anyways because the mRNA are vastly superior in effectiveness and side effect profile.

Refreshing to see a mature response in this thread.

Just found out my friend's wife's mom has been in the hospital for the past 3 months after getting her second dose. About 2 weeks after she got the dose she developed a rare neurological disorder called Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP). She currently has extremely limited movement on her right side, and it has started to spread to her left side. She's currently still trach-to-vent and has a feeding tube, but they're weaning her off slowly and she's making small improvements each day.

Fortunately the family is emphasizing this is EXTREMELY rare and still encouraging everyone to get vaccinated. Definitely sucks though.
*update: she unfortunately passed away last night.

For someone that has not gotten the booster yet... Is it worth just waiting to get the Omicron booster at this point?
Last word I heard was double vaxx + first boots was pretty effective against Omicron, but over here fourth dose are only offered to elevated risk groups.

*update: she unfortunately passed away last night.
Sending kind thoughts your people's way.

I hope this post finds this threat and all you participants in good health and spirit.

Over here Covid is gone from the front page or at least we're more worried about tethering on the abyss of chemical, biological, nuclear war in Europe. I keep an eye on the numbers most days, but for all encompassing purposes, I'm making an effort to lower my own Covid alarm levels. I'm still in a Long Covid limbo and still connected to the LC clinic, but treatment is mostly about management rather than a cure. The last two years of medical gas-lightning has messed with me and I've asked the clinic to refer me to some mental health resources. But all in all, having severe anxiety and having to deal with the last two years different world-ending apocalyptic scenarios, I'm pretty cool as long as I have my coffeeshop visits.

I still foot/elbow open doors and press elevator buttons with my keys and refuse to handshake fools. I retired the handshake forever-ever, because Covid or not, everywhere I go, I see dirty hand-coughers every-****ing-where.

A little off topic but as you mentioned anxiety and coffee... Do you consume caffeine??

What Omicron booster? I would personally wait for the start of another surge, which will probably happen sooner than most think considering we usually follow the UK by about a month.
I haven't been keeping up with recent news but I read a few months back that Pfizer was developing an Omicron specific booster or maybe they are just tweaking the current booster to be more effective against Omicron

I haven't been keeping up with recent news but I read a few months back that Pfizer was developing an Omicron specific booster or maybe they are just tweaking the current booster to be more effective against Omicron
So far I’ve heard nothing and with Omicron cases plunging I doubt it would matter. We shall see.
If the next surge isn’t caused by a direct descendant of omicron then the OG boost will likely still be more effective.

You ever had periods off it?? In my personal experience caffeine did my anxiety levels no favours.
It's less about the coffee and more about the 4k stroll across town and my coffee runs are usually an indication of mental well being.

The main reason why I'm being referred, is because it's taken me two years of arguing to get accepted at the LC clinic, but now that I finally am being considered an actual LC case, I can't seem to shake the resentment and mistrust and it's holding me back.

For someone that has not gotten the booster yet... Is it worth just waiting to get the Omicron booster at this point?
I would get the booster. it has greatly improved efficacy over just 2 shots. also, for practical reasons, it's good to get it (some travel is restricted to those who have received a booster). also it is not certain when or even if they'll actually release an omicron booster and then if it'll even be that much superior to the protection offered by the regular booster.

that said, it is fair to wait a bit if covid is low in your area and you're not anticipating traveling out of the country for a bit.

So far I’ve heard nothing and with Omicron cases plunging I doubt it would matter. We shall see.
If the next surge isn’t caused by a direct descendant of omicron then the OG boost will likely still be more effective.
Well it's looking more likely like the next surge will be BA.2

Back
Top Bottom