Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the most obvious thing to be mad at China about is their horrible initial response, it was damn near a cover-up

I don’t think China “released” this virus, but just didn’t have the proper safety protocols in place/up to par, and the person or people that do the research had some sort of accident…now wether or not those people and or the bosses in charge didn’t know how severe it truly was?

I thought I had saw something that said Wuhan lab had a few instances over the recent years leading up to 2020 where it was found to have issues with the on site safety measures.

And yes, I whole heartedly agree that China tried to cover it up.

I don’t think China “released” this virus, but just didn’t have the proper safety protocols in place/up to par, and the person or people that do the research had some sort of accident…now wether or not those people and or the bosses in charge didn’t know how severe it truly was?

I thought I had saw something that said Wuhan lab had a few instances over the recent years leading up to 2020 where it was found to have issues with the on site safety measures.

And yes, I whole heartedly agree that China tried to cover it up.

That's what comes from inappropriate regulation of dangerous things.

Until someone can explain how the virus managed to get from the lab to the market miles away without spreading and then spreading wildly in the market (with not only one lineage but two distinct variants) the lab leak theory doesn't seem very plausible

I have a very low opinion of the Chinese government

But I think they are competent enough to know that if you are going to unleash a biological weapon against your adversaries....you release it in their country, not yours.
They know if they unleashed in their own country everyone would say "I don't think they would release it in their own country" :lol:

Until someone can explain how the virus managed to get from the lab to the market miles away without spreading and then spreading wildly in the market (with not only one lineage but two distinct variants) the lab leak theory doesn't seem very plausible

I don't think it seems implausible per say any more. I think the only thing i would like to see, if the lab leak theory is true, is if deregulation played a major role. If the people in the lab were working on a man made virus without proper saftey protocols? Or they shouldn't be making a virus in the first place? I am not going to pretend to understand why scientist might need to generate a virus. But if it gets out and its just human error at the end of the day i don't know what we do with the information.

Everyone wants to find the villain in the story i guess but i don't see what it gets us unless we have some real lessons learned.

I don't think it seems implausible per say any more.

That article is from January 2020. The most recent studies show evidence that two separate lineages of the virus emerged into the human population in direct connection with the market

"So if the pandemic didn't start at the market, one of the first five or 10 people infected in the world was at the market. And how do you explain that?"

Last edited:
That article is from January 2020. The most recent studies show evidence that two separate lineages of the virus emerged into the human population in direct connection with the market

"So if the pandemic didn't start at the market, one of the first five or 10 people infected in the world was at the market. And how do you explain that?"

I appreciate this

Also, more importantly what has the Chinese government done to enforce safety protocols at these markets since 2020? Or to shut them down or ban them?

So my understanding of high gain function research or whatever it is called, is the man made viruses they research are VERY VERY unlikely to every naturally occur.

So why the F do they create these viruses then? Seems like asking for trouble.

It feels like the world has moved on from Covid precautions and is just treating it like a cold or the flu at this point. That about right for y’all?

I still mask in crowds since I still hear about people in the community catching Covid. We’re still trying to find that balance of safety and living life.

It feels like the world has moved on from Covid precautions and is just treating it like a cold or the flu at this point. That about right for y’all?

I still mask in crowds since I still hear about people in the community catching Covid. We’re still trying to find that balance of safety and living life.

Pretty much.

I'll wear a mask in crowds or going shopping though. Too many inconsiderate spreaders or mouth breathers who openly cough and sneeze without covering.

Yeah, it's like people learned nothing from COVID. Openly coughing, sneezing, spitting in public, not giving a single F. They say we need to treat it like a cold or flu, of which thousands of people die unnecessarily every year, instead of realizing that we can protect ourselves and one another from getting sick by taking simple common sense precautions

I live in a very conservative and rural community/state. Covid was never taken seriously by the people living here. Only the lawmakers. I was the only person masking up at my job, and I haven’t heard a single person mention the virus this year.

I recently stopped wearing my mask at work since I’m quadruple vaxxed, but I still wear mine in crowds.

But yeah Oregon just lifted the health industry mask requirements so that’s the official sign that people consider this “over.”
Wild to me that hospitals are just cool with that. But at the same time, it’s been over a year since I’ve heard of anyone dying, in my tiny circle of acquaintances.

My family still wears masks. Not sure when I wont wear one. Went to DW and we were probably the only ones in the entire park with a mask.

My BF who stopped wearing a mask maybe a year ago just caught it (never had it before) but said it was a cold like she has never had before.

Back
Top Bottom