Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
99 cent store coming thru...
20200314_164333.jpg

REV is revenue? Accounts for costs and whatnot?

How much is something like this normally?

I asked the same. See below.
This original load (trip) would’ve paid between 1600-2300 before the 3/10/2020. Fuel would’ve been about 500 and driver pay between 400-600 if your paying out on miles or percentage of the load . Everything after is profit but if you have a dispatcher you have to pay them since they find the work and talk to customer and driver . So for me my split goes like this
30% driver
15% operations (dispatcher) - it’s low but she manages 4 trucks for me so she gets that on each truck .
30% owner
25% maintenance / tolls / emergency fund .

it’s tough out the gate since I did everything from the ground up and it’s been plenty of weeks where I haven’t made any money , but once you get some dedicated lanes and manage your drivers right there shouldn’t be any issues with a truck grossing 5-7k a week .
So wait that load went up $7700 - $8400 due to Corona :wow: :pimp: What I’m not sure about is, wouldn’t the fuel, driver and dispatch costs remain the same for the baseline price vs the “surge” price ie you get much more profit? Or do generally you keep that same split for all rides? If I’m understanding it correctly, it appears that you end up with about 30% at the end of the day?
yes the pandemic jumped the rate that high . But I pay my guys on a percentage so it’s fair for everybody . So when rates are low they know when rates arehigh they know , I like to keep as much transparency as possible with my guys, drivers can make or break you in this industry . If you were paying the driver by the mile and your dispatch a flat rate you would make hella bank with this load but at “regular” rates you would profit with what is left after paying , driver , fuel and operations . So it’s different ways to run it but when you got people working for you the better your transparency you have with them the better the productivity .

Heard Taco Bell mentioned a few times in here...y'all bold for eating fast food rn. Ain't no way...

The gym seems pretty reckless too.

Can someone explain the toilet paper situation??

I'm just guessing that since everyone being told social distancing, self-quaratine, work from home, etc., folks feel like they'll be locked inside for a bit...tp an essential.

yeah, my neighbor was leaving his crib and said he was making a Del Taco run. Me and my wife probably had "Why **** Head" on our foreheads. First, why are you even eating that crap covid virus or not, and two, you have a 2 year old and 4 month old. Come on man. I was going to invite him to my house for a real meal (Pot roast from the slow cooker) but thought if he's making that type of decision right now, what type of decisions has he been making the last 2 weeks? And his wife is a nurse and extremely worried about this virus. I said enjoy.....

Del Taco?!?!?!

I’m sick guys keep me calm

son had severe asthma attack had to
Rush to ER he’s 2. Get there n they say state mandated 1 parent only to
Stop spread. He’s admitted and he’s breast fed so my wife needs to stay.

**** near crying
she’s 7 months pregnant I’m bout to blow a gasket

The gym seems pretty reckless too.

My gym was less full today, but seemed like it was mostly the older people who weren't there. The parking was like a Sunday morning.

And actually if you go to the gym it helps in health, from overall health in fighting viruses, fighting obesity to stress relief.

To the people who are criticizing others for going out and doing stuff in public, are y'all just staying locked indoors 24 hours a day? Serious question. Not judging anyone who's going out and living or staying in and being cautious but I'm just curious if you're not going out to eat, no movies, no gym, no in person work, then what are you doing?

**** near crying

fam you’re good. They’ve been admitted so it will be ok. worst thing you can do is panic. Stay calm control what you can and set the example for your wife. If she sees you being chill she will worry less.

Went to 24 last night. Place was dead and got my workout in pretty easily. Def not going next week though or this weekend with the way things are going. For now going to run outside and hope I don’t lose too much muscle without lifting for a bit.

yeah, my neighbor was leaving his crib and said he was making a Del Taco run. Me and my wife probably had "Why **** Head" on our foreheads. First, why are you even eating that crap covid virus or not, and two, you have a 2 year old and 4 month old. Come on man. I was going to invite him to my house for a real meal (Pot roast from the slow cooker) but thought if he's making that type of decision right now, what type of decisions has he been making the last 2 weeks? And his wife is a nurse and extremely worried about this virus. I said enjoy.....

Del Taco?!?!?!
I've been to Del Taco the past 3 days and might grab some later. They were all wearing gloves. Shrug.

You're worse off going to these big box stores with hundreds of other people. Meanwhile it's 2 Mexican ladies in the Del Taco kitchen and a 20 year old dude working the drive-thru. I'll take my chances, essay.

**** near crying
My dude I feel for you. Hopefully is just an asthma attack an nothing more.

I'm in the same boat with my son and seeing him gasp for airs during his episodes render me useless and in tears.

Hence the reason why this is not just a hysteria type of bs and why the lack of consideration of some is frustrating ....

My prayers. Everything will be iight!

They say the sun and fresh air is really good for you too.

I'm just avoiding crowds. So movie theatres and Chinese restaurants may be the way to go honestly.

My big worry is how this economy will be when this is wrapped up. Will every small restaurant and shop be completely closed and we're left with only grocery stores and Costco's?

I do wonder if the restaurant food supplies are shifting to consumers. McDonald's needs to start selling their frozen patties or something. Movie theatres can sell their popcorn kernels. Something!

I haven't stopped eating out. I might as well deplete someone else's supply before my own. I feel a full shutdown and quarantine is upon us. I feel others are doing the same thing.

Someone else mentioned it. Buy up gift cards and try to keep your local places somewhat operational.

To the people who are criticizing others for going out and doing stuff in public, are y'all just staying locked indoors 24 hours a day? Serious question. Not judging anyone who's going out and living or staying in and being cautious but I'm just curious if you're not going out to eat, no movies, no gym, no in person work, then what are you doing?
Relaxing at home watching movies playing board games reading books with the fam.

Inlaws thought I was joking and were butt hurt when I said nope.

You don’t have to be on lockdown 24/7 (even though it’s probably a good idea). Avoid large crowds, avoid unnecessarily touching things, and wash your hands after you touch something that hasn’t been sanitized

went to church tonight and this old lady blew her nose and proceeded to pick up the song back to sing her damn song. Like what??? Common sense folks

I went to see Bloodshot and I don't know if it was just because the movie was a dud or not to determine if theaters seem less crowded.

Back
Top Bottom