Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
VigilantShamefulBeagle-size_restricted.gif

I think ppl are misunderstanding what herd immunity means. The definition of herd immunity covers vaccines aswell. If enough ppl in a community are vaccinated or some how immune, then they are an "immune herd" which will cause the virus to eventually die off. The issue is, we don't have a vaccine to make us an immune herd right now, so in reality, we never tried herd immunity with this disease.

The only thing I will add to this for clarity is that studies show we need approximately 2/3 of the population to have developed immunity, either by getting vaccinated or recovering from the illness, in order to effectively protect the remaining 1/3. Of course, that 1/3 is still vulnerable and can get sick if they come in contact with the virus, but by having 2/3 of the population immune the virus often runs out of potential hosts and dies off. The problem with many viruses (colds, flus) is that they mutate so rapidly that even though you might be immune to several strains, you are still vulnerable to the new mutations of older viruses, as well as "waning immunity" which means that over time your immune system no longer makes antibodies for viruses you had in the past. This is why there is no such thing as a 1 time flu shot, because the annual vaccine is only protecting you from the 3-4 strains of influenza that scientists believe will are most likely to be circulating in the next flu season, and that immunity only lasts a relatively short amount of time. They are often wrong because the vaccines need to be made and produced far in advance before they actually know which strains are infecting people. In the case of COVID-19, studies are showing that the mutations occuring thus far have been slow and minor, meaning a vaccine should be effective for all known strains thus far. We shall see...

Last edited:
What cellphone games are you guys playing? Haven't played games in ages, but gonna see if something catch's my eye. Any recommendations for an amateur?

It’s cool he put some gas in dudes tank but you’re doing too much putting it online.

For one you should do nice stuff without wanting attention and secondly now everyone knows the guy in the video is hurting for money.

Keep the videos of healthcare workers having fun coming. Its got nothing to do with white people or black people. Sometimes you need that boost of morale. Especially during these times, a 30 minute break to recharge and **** around is much needed at times.

Its equivalent of people seeing pro athletes doing something random and people saying "he/she should be in the gym getting shots up or training."

Let people live, nobody is a robot.

You can't be serious. What you are suggesting has been tried before, the whole herd immunity thing, and failed.
Trying to infect people on purpose to get herd immunity had mixed results, if I remember my history. Regardless, I'm not talking about doing that.

We're going to develop herd immunity by way of vaccines or from the virus just naturally spreading, one way or the other. It's inevitable that enough people will catch the virus for everyone to get herd immunity, all this flatten the curve stuff is just to slow that down so hospitals don't get overwhelmed at once,.

It's just doing it via vaccine is preferable, cuz less body count - so every of course wants it to happen that way, myself included.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom