Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Damn what happened?
just a few of his more memorable posts:

He thought this whole thing was being sensationalized. Said I will look like a fool wearing a mask (he does agree masks are appropriate for some matters but not for this at the time). Compared it to wearing full swat gear just because there was a mass shooting recently. He's one of those guys that will bring up regular flu stats when arguing about Covid. But but but there are may more deaths with the flu.

Covid is less severe than the flu for the majority who gets it. Says the media has done a great job of making people paranoid of this.

Was one of those that said if its gonna happen to him, just happen already. The symptoms are mild and he's healthy. Not going stop his lifestyle because of this.

The crazy part: HE WORKS IN CRITICAL CARE/ICU and has these type of opinions.

At the end of the day, for him to disappear doesn't make sense. He could be providing some front line perspective now that this disease is running rampant. Instead, he lives in the Food thread.

Living in NYC is so scary right now. For anyone who's like "do you even know anyone with COVID?" That question is gonna change for a lot of people very soon.

A week ago I didn't know anyone personally but now a good friend of mine has it. Dude barely left his house once the virus hit NYC and he's a germaphobe. Always washing his hands and sanitizing way before this virus. Now he's in the hospital on a ventilator.

my brothers girl has a neighbor who died from COVID. My sisters friend has an ex-bf who just died from it. This is SERIOUS. Please stop taking it lightly if you aren't already on top of things. Be extremely cautious, limit being outside, and follow social distancing.

In NYC, even being careful all it takes is getting on the subway with someone with it and that air circulating through the subway car.

In China, someone infected got on a bus for a 4 hour bus ride and infected people in the front of the bus.

We sent a plane full of supplies to China in February and now they’re returning the favor, or at least is seems so on the surface. With news that the masks sent elsewhere by China recently were deemed ineffective, I’m afraid we sent quality PPE (that we obviously now need) and they’re sending back inferior junk. Best case they’re just returning the unused stuff we sent them last month. Worst case they’re sending a plane full of virus laden junk to worsen the problem...

I read an article that said the US sent 17 million tons of ppe and ventilators to China in February. The article said China just sent the US 80 tons of medical equipment.

just a few of his more memorable posts:

He thought this whole thing was being sensationalized. Said I will look like a fool wearing a mask (he does agree masks are appropriate for some matters but not for this at the time). Compared it to wearing full swat gear just because there was a mass shooting recently. He's one of those guys that will bring up regular flu stats when arguing about Covid. But but but there are may more deaths with the flu.

Covid is less severe than the flu for the majority who gets it. Says the media has done a great job of making people paranoid of this.

Was one of those that said if its gonna happen to him, just happen already. The symptoms are mild and he's healthy. Not going stop his lifestyle because of this.

The crazy part: HE WORKS IN CRITICAL CARE/ICU and has these type of opinions.

At the end of the day, for him to disappear doesn't make sense. He could be providing some front line perspective now that this disease is running rampant. Instead, he lives in the Food thread.

So many Doctors at my hospital where I work at were in line with this same thought process, until it was declared a global pandemic.

yeah, why hasn't Comparison Ford Comparison Ford not ventured back into this thread?

Is your pride that strong that you are afraid to come back in to say you were wrong and just trying to be positive?

I know you lurk the thread. Just come in. Its not that big of a deal. You were wrong at a time we were all hoping you were right. No hard feelings. Most would welcome you back in here. We won't judge you like you were judging some of us.
Funny timing. Was actually gonna post last night but was a bit exhausted after working 4 days straight.

I owe everyone in this thread an apology. I was wrong about a lot of things and now I'm experiencing it firsthand. I'd like to believe that working in heath care, particularly critical care, has made me a bit jaded when it comes to matters like this. I was anticipating this to follow suit with H1N1, SARS, ebola, etc. in terms of overall global impact, but I really wasn't expecting this. It also doesn't help that I've always been an optimist to a fault when it comes to just about everything. Nevertheless, none of these are good excuses or justifications. I made some bad forecasts and missed the mark big time. What's also funny is that when I first started posting in this thread (around Superbowl Sunday) I was being treated for the flu DESPITE having a negative swab. I was sick for about two weeks, but got over it with a few bumps in the road. Looking back, I'm wondering if that was actually the flu?

In the past week my hospital has basically turned into a dumpster fire that we can't put out. All of the hypothetical doomsday scenarios are coming to fruition at an alarming pace. Our designated COVID unit is now overflowing to other floors and we don't have enough negative-pressure rooms to facilitate them, so they're ending up in regular beds. Our ICU and CCU are completely full with COVIDs and the non-COVID ICU patients are being transferred to the stepdown floors and we're being floated down there to deal with them. Our hospital has gone into "all hands on deck" mode and they'll take any nurse to work any shift on any unit (I literally just got a text from my assistant manager asking me to come in and work an extra day this Friday as I type this paragraph). We're basically out of ventilators and we're now using the OR vents on certain patients, which need to be controlled by anesthesiologists and CRNAs. It's getting to the point where vents are essentially being rationed out and the doctors are more or less encouraging "terminal weaning" on patients that they don't think are going to pull through so we can at least get them off of that vent to use it on someone who has a better chance of survival.

The scary part though? What my hospital is going through isn't even all that bad in the grand scheme of things. Hell...we're having COVID patients bussed out to us from Brooklyn, Queens, and Nassau because the hospitals they were in straight up can't facilitate them. I had a patient yesterday that was transferred from one of those hospitals. 50 year old dude with no past medical history, just there to be treated for COVID. Came in completely alert and oriented, only needing supplemental oxygen. Now he's intubated and using one of the last vents we have in the hospital. An otherwise healthy guy who's now in the throws of death because of this.

The staff isn't making out much better either. One of our intensive care PAs is currently self-quarantined with it, which is scary because his wife is currently undergoing chemo, and the other day shift PA has been working 13 hour shifts for the entire week. To make matters worse, he came to work yesterday after HIS OWN DAD died from COVID complications the night prior. He says this has been the worst week of his life both personally and professionally and I honestly can't believe how well he's keeping his composure with all things considered.

I worry for myself, but the main concern is for those around me. My own mother has cancer and is due to start treatment in May. Her respiratory status is already somewhat compromised, so I need to show my concern from a distance. My girlfriend's mom isn't much better. She has asthma and chronic bronchitis, and I worry about her giving it to members of her family since she lives at home while she's at school. This morning I tried to approach the idea of keeping a safe distance from one another until all of this blows over, which wasn't exactly met with the acceptance I was hoping for. I think she isn't fully grasping how severe things are and how much worse it's going to get before things take a turn for the better. Oh well...I have all day to work on that one.

Big ups to all my fellow health care/essential workers in this thread. This is truly a crazy time to be alive and I hope we all make it through this and can continue to share our experiences years down the road.

So yeah, I'll be posting more in this thread. Just don't expect me to be making any more predictions. :lol:

Stay safe everyone!

So many Doctors at my hospital where I work at were in line with this same thought process, until it was declared a global pandemic.
and its ok to feel like this and say you were wrong. Thats why its weird for him to disappear. Internet pride is a real thing

Funny timing. Was actually gonna post last night but was a bit exhausted after working 4 days straight.

I owe everyone in this thread an apology. I was wrong about a lot of things and now I'm experiencing it firsthand. I'd like to believe that working in heath care, particularly critical care, has made me a bit jaded when it comes to matters like this. I was anticipating this to follow suit with H1N1, SARS, ebola, etc. in terms of overall global impact, but I really wasn't expecting this. It also doesn't help that I've always been an optimist to a fault when it comes to just about everything. Nevertheless, none of these are good excuses or justifications. I made some bad forecasts and missed the mark big time. What's also funny is that when I first started posting in this thread (around Superbowl Sunday) I was being treated for the flu DESPITE having a negative swab. I was sick for about two weeks, but got over it with a few bumps in the road. Looking back, I'm wondering if that was actually the flu?

In the past week my hospital has basically turned into a dumpster fire that we can't put out. All of the hypothetical doomsday scenarios are coming to fruition at an alarming pace. Our designated COVID unit is now overflowing to other floors and we don't have enough negative-pressure rooms to facilitate them, so they're ending up in regular beds. Our ICU and CCU are completely full with COVIDs and the non-COVID ICU patients are being transferred to the stepdown floors and we're being floated down there to deal with them. Our hospital has gone into "all hands on deck" mode and they'll take any nurse to work any shift on any unit (I literally just got a text from my assistant manager asking me to come in and work an extra day this Friday as I type this paragraph). We're basically out of ventilators and we're now using the OR vents on certain patients, which need to be controlled by anesthesiologists and CRNAs. It's getting to the point where vents are essentially being rationed out and the doctors are more or less encouraging "terminal weaning" on patients that they don't think are going to pull through so we can at least get them off of that vent to use it on someone who has a better chance of survival.

The scary part though? What my hospital is going through isn't even all that bad in the grand scheme of things. Hell...we're having COVID patients bussed out to us from Brooklyn, Queens, and Nassau because the hospitals they were in straight up can't facilitate them. I had a patient yesterday that was transferred from one of those hospitals. 50 year old dude with no past medical history, just there to be treated for COVID. Came in completely alert and oriented, only needing supplemental oxygen. Now he's intubated and using one of the last vents we have in the hospital. An otherwise healthy guy who's now in the throws of death because of this.

The staff isn't making out much better either. One of our intensive care PAs is currently self-quarantined with it, which is scary because his wife is currently undergoing chemo, and the other day shift PA has been working 13 hour shifts for the entire week. To make matters worse, he came to work yesterday after HIS OWN DAD died from COVID complications the night prior. He says this has been the worst week of his life both personally and professionally and I honestly can't believe how well he's keeping his composure with all things considered.

I worry for myself, but the main concern is for those around me. My own mother has cancer and is due to start treatment in May. Her respiratory status is already somewhat compromised, so I need to show my concern from a distance. My girlfriend's mom isn't much better. She has asthma and chronic bronchitis, and I worry about her giving it to members of her family since she lives at home while she's at school. This morning I tried to approach the idea of keeping a safe distance from one another until all of this blows over, which wasn't exactly met with the acceptance I was hoping for. I think she isn't fully grasping how severe things are and how much worse it's going to get before things take a turn for the better. Oh well...I have all day to work on that one.

Big ups to all my fellow health care/essential workers in this thread. This is truly a crazy time to be alive and I hope we all make it through this and can continue to share our experiences years down the road.

So yeah, I'll be posting more in this thread. Just don't expect me to be making any more predictions. :lol:

Stay safe everyone!
Salute brother. Thanks for the work you're doing to help those in need. I cant even imagine the stuff you're seeing. Hope you're able to stay safe, for real

Stay safe everyone!
Bless up homie. Go grab some Other Half and relax for a bit :pimp: :pimp:

Maryland just issued a stay at home order. Glad I just copped my PS4 :lol:
These stay at home orders are so confusing. Having a tough time distinguishing what's different. PA has stay at home order for certain counties. But it's no different than before when it was only essential businesses/life sustaining businesses open

Aye what’s that app y’all suggested for mental health N relax the mind during this time?

I’m ****** stressing out , chest hurting can’t sleep man. It’s 90% anxiety I know it

that'll be 45 days since the start of 3/17

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom