Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
One coworker got her second dose and fainted.

Another coworker who completed both doses in early January tested positive this week and is symptomatic.
FWIW, fainting shortly after vaccine has been linked to anxiety. Out of ~800 employees vaccinated on site, we had one person completely faint, a couple others who got light headed, and one who vomited. All were deemed stress/anxiety related and none required medical intervention.
Regarding the vaccinated person who tested positive, do you know anything else about their overall health, age, risk factors, etc, which vaccine did they get and how severe are the symptoms?

Last edited:
J&J effective against the south africa variant:

The vaccine had a 72 percent overall efficacy rate in the United States and 64 percent in South Africa, where a highly contagious variant emerged in the fall and is now driving most cases. The efficacy in South Africa was seven points higher than earlier data released by the company.

The vaccine also showed 86 percent efficacy against severe forms of Covid-19 in the United States, and 82 percent against severe disease in South Africa. That means that a vaccinated person has a far lower risk of being hospitalized or dying from Covid-19.

Respectfully, you have no idea what you are talking about. I am not quoting a post from Facebook or social media, but rather scientists at these companies whom I have talked to personally. While it is true that there PROBABLY is no impact on fertility, we simply do not know and have yet to produce a definitive study otherwise. There simply has not been enough study on the long-term impacts of these vaccines which is why my wife was told by her physician (and a second opinion) to not get the shot while breastfeeding.

Yes, COVID-19 is said to impact fertility in similar ways to other viruses in the form of typical immuno response. But for the same reason we are unsure of the safety of the vaccine re: fertility, we are unsure of the long-term impact to fertility of the virus. I know nurses who are pregnant who received the shot and I know some who refused it. The point is, the choice I am making based on the information I have is that I am better off remaining in a remote environment until a few of the studies are completed.

Hey there. I read your post above and wanted to chime in to help give you information in regards to your wife and breastfeeding. Obviously take this info as you will and make your own informed decisions as I’m not here to change your mind. However the more info we have the better off we will be. Please find this blog post below.

Hey there. I read your post above and wanted to chime in to help give you information in regards to your wife and breastfeeding. Obviously take this info as you will and make your own informed decisions as I’m not here to change your mind. However the more info we have the better off we will be. Please find this blog post below.

Appreciate it! I love our doctor and as she explained it - when I see likely and should, I usually advise against. The exact reason why she did not recommend it was because of what is in the article you posted. There is simply no data on it as there was no one lactating in the clinical trials. In fact, it would be malpractice if she advised us that it was ok from her perspective.

Yeah that was my first thought. Ok they fainted. What does that have to do with the vaccine?

Fainting after a second dose is almost unheard of. She is a PA, completely aware of all the side effects. Felt fine after the first dose. 5 minutes after the second dose she said she started getting hot flashes then super dizzy and ended up on the floor.

As far as the other coworker who tested positive, we just think he was unlucky. After 2 doses efficacy is ~ 95% for Pfizer so maybe he was part of the 5%. Doesn't scream confidence going forward though.

Took my wife in this morning 7am CST to get her first Pfizer shot. Everything went fine, & so far no issues. Hopefully that continues. I was nervous for her, but she wasn't.

2nd shot scheduled for mid March. That one I'm more nervous for, as she is immunosuppressed, but I'm also very glad she was able to get it.

l1shg0ro0cj61.png

J&J effective against the south africa variant:

The vaccine had a 72 percent overall efficacy rate in the United States and 64 percent in South Africa, where a highly contagious variant emerged in the fall and is now driving most cases. The efficacy in South Africa was seven points higher than earlier data released by the company.

The vaccine also showed 86 percent efficacy against severe forms of Covid-19 in the United States, and 82 percent against severe disease in South Africa. That means that a vaccinated person has a far lower risk of being hospitalized or dying from Covid-19.

tenor.gif

Seeing all you guys in here getting vaccinated making me jealous. Those that got the vaccine are you outside of the priority groups? Or you just went through a loophole and got it?

three mass vaccination sites in sf has been shut down for over a week. And now rich white people in Marin county are going over to Oakland to get vaccinated that was intended for the underserved communities. I’m last in the priority group and would love to jump the line if there is an opportunity but not in a scumbag way. can I say I’m a caretaker for my mom even though all I do is get her groceries every week and get bumped up? Lol.

Seeing all you guys in here getting vaccinated making me jealous. Those that got the vaccine are you outside of the priority groups? Or you just went through a loophole and got it?

three mass vaccination sites in sf has been shut down for over a week. And now rich white people in Marin county are going over to Oakland to get vaccinated that was intended for the underserved communities. I’m last in the priority group and would love to jump the line if there is an opportunity but not in a scumbag way. can I say I’m a caretaker for my mom even though all I do is get her groceries every week and get bumped up? Lol.
That "caretaker" loophole was allowed for one of the drive-through vaccination sites here in Fresno, but you'd have to check with the site regarding their rules. I was able to get it as part of a priority group of essential workers when the county set up a mobile drive-through clinic at our workplace in order to do a test run to gather data for future sites. Otherwise I'd be waiting another month or so before I could schedule an appointment somewhere. My sister-in-law is a teacher and was able to make an appointment at Walgreens since educators are now eligible.

I think I agree with this tweet. At this point, it's a difference of just a few weeks until most or all teachers will have had a chance to get vaccinated. Why push hard to open now when we can just wait a couple more weeks?

The most striking numbers, for those in favor of waiting to reopen schools until teachers have had the chance to be vaccinated:

Blacks: 80%
Whites: 51%

Low income: 67%
Upper income: 52%

Dem/libs: 79%
Rep/magas: 34%

There's a lot of explanations, including health disparities and also that non-white, non-rich people maybe have more interconnected communities and families, so they are worried about infecting their parents and grandparents who live with them, for example.

Last edited:
Got my second Pfizer on Monday. Was really tired yesterday - but I got woken up at 2am so it may have just been that.

Didn’t get any virussy symptoms this time.

And my 5G still only works in my office and not at home.
You were the first one to get a vaccine out of anyone in this thread iirc and they're just giving you your second dose now? Wow what a gap.

Got my second Pfizer on Monday. Was really tired yesterday - but I got woken up at 2am so it may have just been that.

Didn’t get any virussy symptoms this time.

And my 5G still only works in my office and not at home.

Just got my first shot. When can I expected faster 5g connection?
What kind of phones you guys using?

I got a homie that is plugged in at da CDC and Gates foundation

Apparently, the vaccine only boosts 5G signals on Huawei phones (they get first dibs cause they help develop Covid).

A firmware update is coming in the summer for iPhone, Pixels, and Samsung Galaxies

If you get sudden onset diarrhea sometime in August, that's it being downloaded to da nanochip. Ya 5G should be jumping after that.

I think I agree with this tweet. At this point, it's a difference of just a few weeks until most or all teachers will have had a chance to get vaccinated. Why push hard to open now when we can just wait a couple more weeks?

The most striking numbers, for those in favor of waiting to reopen schools until teachers have had the chance to be vaccinated:

Blacks: 80%
Whites: 51%

Low income: 67%
Upper income: 52%

Dem/libs: 79%
Rep/magas: 34%

There's a lot of explanations, including health disparities and also that non-white, non-rich people maybe have more interconnected communities and families, so they are worried about infecting their parents and grandparents who live with them, for example.

Not only that, things are situated at this point. Finish the year out and the majority of the nation will be vaxed when they return for the fall. There’s 3 months of school left. Really gonna risk it all for a handful of weeks? Not even going to go into the logistics of getting all the supplies needed and such

Yeah, the UK government decided they would rather do more people initially and spread them out. I was days away from getting my second when they announced it - so it was 10 weeks.

The experts say it makes sense - but it hasn’t really been trialled properly.

It does mean that in a month everyone over 50 will have had one dose and the oldest will have had 2.

What kind of phones you guys using?

I got a homie that is plugged in at da CDC and Gates foundation

Apparently, the vaccine only boosts 5G signals on Huawei phones. A firmware update is coming in the summer for iPhone and Samsung Galaxies

If you get sudden onset diarrhea sometime in August, that's it being downloaded to da nanochip. Ya 5G should be jumping after that.
Got the iPhone S2 or whatever it’s called. 5G still ain’t in but hbo max is now available for free. I guess it’s working in slowly?

Back
Top Bottom