Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yo, let this sink in...
chart.jpg

The biggest difference between now and the last time the 7 day average of new infections was under 10/100k is that testing is much better, so we are actually in a much better place than we were a year ago.

A part of me definitely died this year during this pandemic. It seems like the number of close friends I know that won't take the vaccine is growing. I feel like I'm at the part mentally where if somebody I know refuses the vaccine, contracts covid and passes, I won't have an ounce of sorrow for them. They had the choice to protect themselves and others around them but they chose to believe whatever conspiracy theory they want to believe and leave their friends and family to grieve. I thought I was the only one but turns out a couple of other friends feel the same way. I have no desire to hang out with anybody that's not vaccinated because I can't risk that 5% chance of catching covid and giving it to my parents or my girlfriend's parents.

I hate when people give me their reasoning for not being vaccinated and that it doesn't affect them. It was never about you. It was about everybody else.

You guys are right though. We are completely ****ed if anything worse than covid occurs because every week in this thread or on Twitter. I thought to myself this has got to be dumbest thing I've seen in my life and yet every week people continue to amaze me with their stupidity.

I do believe more people will get vaccinated as time goes on. In life, you learn a lesson or life teaches you that lesson. It'll hit people close to home when **** opens back up and people don't have others wearing masks to protect them anymore and they start losing their loved ones. I do hope for everybody's sake that they do find an end-all vaccine for all coronaviruses so that we don't have to wake up in this nightmare.
I don’t know if this is anyone else’s experience, but I feel like I’m starting to notice more people IRL speaking out very adamantly against vaccines, especially when it comes to vaccinating their children. The thing they seem to bring up frequently is the already clearly debunked myth that they or their children will have reproductive problems. Another lady was claiming that her son CAN’T get the vaccine because he has a peanut allergy! I realize the issue of rare anaphylactic events has been noted as a warning for people who have a history of prior allergic reactions to vaccination, but it is my understanding there has been no correlation between food allergies and vaccine reactions. By far the loudest group of people say they won’t vaccinate their children because the vaccines haven’t been approved by the FDA, as if there weren’t large human trials completed with safety data provided during the EUA process. At this point, there have been hundreds of millions of doses safely administered with clear evidence that they are generally safe, highly effective, and the primary reason that we are drastically driving down infections and deaths. At first I took the stance that everyone has to make the choice they think is best for their family, but now I’m starting to clap back. I can’t sit by anymore and allow people to spread obvious misinformation that they read on Facebook.
I think more people are coming out now vocalizing their anti vaxx stance because of the current atmosphere in the US that the "pandemic is over". A lot of people think that they got through it and at this point it's pointless to get the vaccine. Lot's of people are going to get a wake up call this fall.

Also the news that birth rates are down in the US recently came out at a bad time. It's being use as "proof" in anti vaxx news circles.

If you have an option, why choosing less? I’d pick either Pfitzer or Moderna over JJ.
If I had gotten J&J I would definitely be trying to get a dose of mRNA as well.

EDIT: Sorry, I mean to copy/paste this article along with my brief comment, but was posting from mobile and didn't notice my error at the time. I realize J&J is not AZ, but they are similar in many ways, and getting a booster of Pfizer boosted immune response by 120x in those who previously received one dose of AZ.

Last edited:
has anyone had or heard about the side effects happening 10+ days after getting the 2nd shot?

My wife had something going on early this morning. Woke up to take a dump like normal and then all of a sudden, dripping in sweat like she just rode the Peloton for an hour, followed by crazy diarrhea.

She's ok but that was weird.

has anyone had or heard about the side effects happening 10+ days after getting the 2nd shot?

My wife had something going on early this morning. Woke up to take a dump like normal and then all of a sudden, dripping in sweat like she just rode the Peloton for an hour, followed by crazy diarrhea.

She's ok but that was weird.
I was told that side effects occur within 24-48 hours and sever allergic reactions would happen within 15 minutes. Haven't heard of anything vaccine related that long afterwards.

With all the news coming out in the last two weeks I somehow missed the one that COVID has been "confirmed" to be only a respiratory virus with transmission by aerosols.

Is this accurate? Is it not transmittable by touch on surfaces?

Some world news
World cases are down since their April 29th highest daily case day.
The latest daily death surge of 4/30/21 did not reach the one prior, which was 1/25/21
India is 10 days removed from their big surge in daily cases.
India’s death rate is sitting low at 1% currently. Their death surge curve is still sitting high. Deaths always lag cases.

Other than July 7th, the USA average daily death count hasn’t been this low since late March of 2020.

India is accounting for something like 30-40% of the worlds current cases. So when they drop, it’s kind of skewing what’s happening elsewhere. But it’s good to see them dropping. Are they vaccinating at high levels? I haven’t been following India much. Are they in extreme lockdowns?

Last edited:
Some world news
World cases are down since their April 29th highest daily case day.
The latest daily death surge of 4/30/21 did not reach the one prior, which was 1/25/21
India is 10 days removed from their big surge in daily cases.
India’s death rate is sitting low at 1% currently. Their death surge curve is still sitting high. Deaths always lag cases.

Other than July 7th, the USA average daily death count hasn’t been this low since late March of 2020.

India is accounting for something like 30-40% of the worlds current cases. So when they drop, it’s kind of skewing what’s happening elsewhere. But it’s good to see them dropping. Are they vaccinating at high levels? I haven’t been following India much. Are they in extreme lockdowns?
I think they put many cities on lockdown. They've only vaccinated 6.8% so it's doubtful that's had a major impact yet. Great news though to see their numbers coming down.

With all the news coming out in the last two weeks I somehow missed the one that COVID has been "confirmed" to be only a respiratory virus with transmission by aerosols.

Is this accurate? Is it not transmittable by touch on surfaces?

It can still be transmitted via surfaces, but the virus isn't as viable on surfaces as originally thought when those initial studies were coming out saying the virus could survive on surfaces for nearly a month. If you touched an infected surface and put your fingers to your eyes, mouth, or nose you could still be infected, but the majority of transmission is not happening this way. Masks are not only good for protecting you from respiratory transmission, but they also keep people from subconsciously touching their mouth and nose!

Last edited:
Someone was spewing anti-vax BS today, brought up that my sister father in law is on his death bed from covid and the vaccine coulda saved his life... this person responds with “or it coulda killed him sooner”

smh, I can’t with these people. And they act like they know everything and are 100 percent right. Infuriating.

You know, the ironic thing about India failing to vaxx their people is that they're actually one of the largest covid vaccines manufacturers in the world

They're exporting the majority of them though, and thus giving the vaccines they made to everyone but their people

I don’t know if it’s the actual doses donated or if they are fake, but the mrna shots are being sold for crazy prices in the black market in India. Not surprised one bit but kind of sad the aid given isn’t passed out equitably.

Back
Top Bottom