Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really hate love this guy

It would have been so much easier to do what he's best known for and say exactly what his supporters want him to say, but he went left. Bravo. Maybe that humbling steal defeat has changed him...

1c1fb15e3f84359e0b0ac655162274da.gif

Somebody finally figured out if they all die there'll be nobody left to vote for him in the next election.

Last edited:
It would have been so much easier to do what he's best known for and say exactly what his supporters want him to say, but he went left. Bravo. Maybe that humbling steal defeat has changed him...

1c1fb15e3f84359e0b0ac655162274da.gif

Somebody finally figured out if they all die there'll be nobody left to vote for him in the next election.
It was telling that they both got the booster.

When it comes to risking the lives of their supporters, they don't give a ****. But when it comes to themselves, suddenly they're obedient sheep.

So you will wait until tomorrow for PCR results, then assuming it's negative you'll do a rapid test daily in order to continue working? With a negative test daily, why would you "have to put them off until January even if I come up negative."?

There’s an added layer in the exemption from isolation for healthcare workers - you can’t work with immunocompromised patients - so if you work on a cancer ward you’ll be off for 10 days - for me I just have to look at my patient diary.

It’s sensible I think - with a negative PCR and then a rapid test each day you can be confident that at worst your viral load is very low - but someone vulnerable should be more careful than that.

So for those patients who don’t need anything urgent I’ll just rebook them - usually that would be next week but I was planning a few days off anyway.

Got my booster today. Had moderna shot 1 and 2 and had a pfizer booster. The pharmacist who gave me the booster was like you should have gotten moderna for the booster...but this is better then no booster.

I was like should i just like not? And try to find a Moderna? and he said no you are here its good to get but because my body has already seen the moderna vaccine and the booster of moderna might make my body create more long lasting anti-bodies but the pfizer antibodies might be shorter lived since its the first time my body has seen it so it will attack it quickly.

But i feel fine as of now no arm pain no nothing and my shot was at 11am est this morning

Got my booster today. Had moderna shot 1 and 2 and had a pfizer booster. The pharmacist who gave me the booster was like you should have gotten moderna for the booster...but this is better then no booster.

I was like should i just like not? And try to find a Moderna? and he said no you are here its good to get but because my body has already seen the moderna vaccine and the booster of moderna might make my body create more long lasting anti-bodies but the pfizer antibodies might be shorter lived since its the first time my body has seen it so it will attack it quickly.

But i feel fine as of now no arm pain no nothing and my shot was at 11am est this morning
AFAIK, the antibodies would be the same because the genetic code that's within the lipid nanoparticles are identical in both mRNA vaccines based on the genomic sequence from the original (Wuhan) strain. I've seen a study showing that Moderna doses followed by Pfizer booster creates a greater initial immune response, but I've seen others showing it's less. Regardless, the difference is likely negligible and you're better off boosted.

Last edited:
Just got pinged again - and my worst one yet. Honestly, not happy just now. Saw my parents and sister's family indoors for the first time in 18 months - they've been meeting but we haven't joined them and have just met outdoors.

It was my mom's birthday so we had a meal yesterday - checked everyone had done a test before (and everyone is vaccinated, adults boosted (except my brother in law who had one booked for this week) other than my nephew and niece who have just had a single dose so far) and they were all fine. We were there a couple of hours and apparently my niece began to feel unwell so did a test when we left - and it came up positive. I just got the official word that her PCR was positive.

Managed to get a test tonight - but I'll not got the results until at least late tomorrow so that's a day off work even if I'm negative (and I'm testing the power of 3 Pfizer's now too). Even with that I had a bunch of very vulnerable people booked in the next few days so I'm going to have to put them off until January even if I come up negative.

We talked about it and should have stuck to our guns - today we'd be saying "we told you so" and Christmas wouldn't have been at risk. My wife and kids are all booked in for tests tomorrow too - I might be free to get around but if anyone tests positive we're on our own for Christmas (again).
Damn bro that sucks. After 18 months of of doing everything possible.

There’s an added layer in the exemption from isolation for healthcare workers - you can’t work with immunocompromised patients - so if you work on a cancer ward you’ll be off for 10 days - for me I just have to look at my patient diary.

It’s sensible I think - with a negative PCR and then a rapid test each day you can be confident that at worst your viral load is very low - but someone vulnerable should be more careful than that.

So for those patients who don’t need anything urgent I’ll just rebook them - usually that would be next week but I was planning a few days off anyway.
Sorry to keep coming back to this, but I think it’s important for everyone here who is considering gathering for the holidays to understand the ripple effect that their decisions can make. It seems your family did just about everything possible to gather safely and certainly much more than most others are planning. Did the unvaccinated children (including the one who ended up sick) also take rapid tests beforehand?

Sorry to keep coming back to this, but I think it’s important for everyone here who is considering gathering for the holidays to understand the ripple effect that their decisions can make. It seems your family did just about everything possible to gather safely and certainly much more than most others are planning. Did the unvaccinated children (including the one who ended up sick) also take rapid tests beforehand?
Yes, everyone took a test in the few hours before we met - to be clear though, all the kids are vaccinated. My sister has two - 12 and 15 - and they had a single dose, I have 3, the younger 2 just got their second dose 7 days earlier (first day they could), my eldest just got a booster but it was the night before so not much use.

I don’t understand people not testing kids - it’s the same when people bring them to see me at work - “what do you mean can they wear a mask, they’re at school all day without one?” - yes, and that’s precisely why it’s important they wear it now.

Elementary schools around here are a problem.

My middle kid is 16 and he just did a rapid test (not sure why - he’s going for a PCR in the morning) which came up positive so looks like at least some caught it.

Went out this morning to run some errands. So many damn people without masks. I feel establishments are scared to confront folks. I'm sure they've seen how some of these situations play out. Went and got some food as my last stop, and this dude in there waiting for his order, no mask and kept snorting his boogers. Sounded like he had some sort of cold. So glad to be home now. I'm definitely spending these next two holidays alone. Family is probably planning something, but I'm staying away. I don't want to take any chances.

So covid 19 finally got me.

I started feeling symptomatic on Saturday. And then when I learned that multiple ppl was positive from the family party I attended on Thurs I tested today.

Rapid confirmed I was positive. I had a pcr done too although the nurse practitioner who performed the rapid on me didn't want to do the pcr. Kept saying there's no need to test the pcr on someone who's positive on the rapid. Idk.

Anyway the worst of it seems over. I had malaise, body aches, fever, sore throat, dry cough over the weekend. No loss of taste/smell at all.

Today I'm much better. Could probably be well enough to go back to work tomorrow if it wasn't for the mandatory quarantine.

For background, I'm triple vaxxed. The two doses plus booster as well.

100% this. Went to the gym today and Target yesterday and good portion of folks not wearing masks. Employees not saying ****. They definitely scared of confrontation.

They should be.

You never want people getting in your face.... Especially when the point of contention is the proliferation of an airborne disease.

The positive thing is atleast deaths have decreased
Definitely. For infection you have to take human behavior into account as well. Those who are still unvaccinated are least likely to be doing ANYTHING to avoid getting infected, and those who are taking it serious enough to get boosted are most likely to be taking more precautions. From there, infections will inevitably cause most severe disease and death in those whose immune systems are naive to the virus.

Back
Top Bottom