High School kid drops knowledge on lazy teacher, vol. PREACH

on my life i had a college professor. A ******G PROFESSOR. our entire class consisted of reading a section of a book and two students did a group presentation leading the entire class full 45 minutes on their specific section. we did this every day except for about 7 days. 2 days we were just given off. one day he introduced us to the class. one day was a midterm prep. one day was a final prep. and the final day was the day for the finals. :rolleyes
on my life i had a college professor. A ******G PROFESSOR. our entire class consisted of reading a section of a book and two students did a group presentation leading the entire class full 45 minutes on their specific section. we did this every day except for about 7 days. 2 days we were just given off. one day he introduced us to the class. one day was a midterm prep. one day was a final prep. and the final day was the day for the finals. :rolleyes

Its college tho. You're supposed to take initiative as an adult and learn and be motivated yourself. As long as the professor was there to answer questions I don't see anything wrong with this.

Kid is a moron for thinking that you learn anything in a classroom, but what he said is true. It even works as long as it stays on paper. Dude is going to be extra sad once he gets to college and he's paying (or in this lame day and age his parents are paying) out the *** to have someone tell you to go read the book.
If you can't motivate yourself to learn then you should probably just stay stupid. I need someone to serve my fries and pump my gas.
The teacher is still a lazy turd, and should be fired.

coming from a family of teachers i agree with the kid.  the fact is though that until this entire country takes teaching more seriously and puts some ****** money into it, you're gonna keep getting the young, bored, uninspired crap.  people who have the intelligence and the passion and would make great teachers simply won't do it because they'll make much more doing another profession.  a lot of teachers you see on monday be at the bar on friday.  they never see the bright, young, quiet and dilligent kid sitting in the front of the class ready to soak it up like a sponge, they always focus on the other bright, young, not so quiet and lazy kids goofin off in the back.  it's a circular problem that starts with each state and the country as a whole, not at the schools themselves.

Its college tho. You're supposed to take initiative as an adult and learn and be motivated yourself. As long as the professor was there to answer questions I don't see anything wrong with this.

So suddenly at 18 a switch flicks on and you're supposed to be able to take initiative? Orrrrrrrr maybe just not be a worthless *** teenager and start taking some responsibility for your actions.

And how is it okay to pay that much money to do everything yourself but it's okay if someone is there for you to ask questions?
I don't pay the mechanic 800 bucks so I can fix my own car, and if I get stuck I can ask him what the voltage should be coming off my throttle positions sensor going into my transmission control unit when the throttle is fully opened.
I don't pay the hospital to fix my own hernia with a doctor standing there in case I have questions.

College is just a bunch of ********, a broken system with it's arm elbow deep up everything's ***, so that if you want most jobs you have to spend a lot of money and time to get a piece of paper that says you're worth a ****.

So suddenly at 18 a switch flicks on and you're supposed to be able to take initiative? Orrrrrrrr maybe just not be a worthless *** teenager and start taking some responsibility for your actions.

And how is it okay to pay that much money to do everything yourself but it's okay if someone is there for you to ask questions?
I don't pay the mechanic 800 bucks so I can fix my own car, and if I get stuck I can ask him what the voltage should be coming off my throttle positions sensor going into my transmission control unit when the throttle is fully opened.
I don't pay the hospital to fix my own hernia with a doctor standing there in case I have questions.

College is just a bunch of ********, a broken system with it's arm elbow deep up everything's ***, so that if you want most jobs you have to spend a lot of money and time to get a piece of paper that says you're worth a ****.
yea it only gets worse from there.  the money you pay isn't for your education but for that little piece of paper you mentioned, the rest is for who knows what.  it's pretty much a scam 
mean.gif

I had a worthless teacher in high school :smh: . Actually a few that made me so mad!

Props to the kid. Oh and it was at duncanville high. Not too far away from here :smokin

They do this in parts of Europe. Teachers, doctors, and lawyers are all in the same category there.
That's seems to be everyone's retort, but it's not the solution. Teachers in the Chicago public School system average like $70,000 a year, and that's not including benefits. And they are just as if not more apathetic and disinterested than this lady. And I know plenty of lawyers that don't make that much. Hell, I know I won't make 80 grand when I graduate from law school. 

Link to average pay for those interested:http://abcnews.go.com/Business/chic...debate-teacher/story?id=17202417#.UYsJfSt5P_U

Last edited:
there's already a shortage of teachers & over crowded classrooms. making it tougher to be a teacher would not help the education problems here.

No one wants to be a teacher because they don't get paid enough. Increase their salary and benefits, and turn it into a profession that is endeared like in other countries, and people will want to teach and teach well.

It comes down to a cultural thing. It's not part of American culture to be a great teacher.

I'm a senior at this high school and I almost posted this because I thought what he did was awesome. I did not expect it to pick up so much attention this quickly though. That teacher is pretty terrible though, never hear anything positive about her.

I'm highly impressed by the student's ability to speak with such composure and articulation.

99% of NT members wouldn't even be able to do such a thing as an adult, let alone a high school student. That sort of a talk is driven by passion and passion alone.

I'm highly impressed by the student's ability to speak with such composure and articulation.

99% of NT members wouldn't even be able to do such a thing as an adult, let alone a high school student. That sort of a talk is driven by passion and passion alone.

I've known a handful of kids like this in my life. The sad thing is, most of them didn't utilize their potential because they were hardheaded and always thought they were right. Half of em I know for a fact are addicted to drugs.

[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Proper respect to my man right here for speaking on the state of public education across the country. Albeit I went to a privileged high school in NYC where funding trumps any other in the city, even teachers there don't teach the way they should.

Stuy?
I thought we get less funding than other schools. I remember seeing a graph (not sure if school gave it out or in an news article) but basically it said stuy gets less money than other public schools. The alumni base probably donates a good amount of $$ to the school though. But as far as teachers go, some were good and others were pretty bad :lol:

I hope all this attention doesn't get him expelled because that speech showed there are kids willing to learn and with all these teachers having sex with these kids I truly believe some kind of psychological test should be taken before given the responsibility of shaping a young persons' mind

I hope all this attention doesn't get him expelled because that speech showed there are kids willing to learn and with all these teachers having sex with these kids I truly believe some kind of psychological test should be taken before given the responsibility of shaping a young persons' mind

In that case the government should control who reproduces.

Back
Top Bottom