Honest compliments that offend you.....

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

"really i thought you was just an intern here"
"
indifferent.gif
YOOOOOO some chick who had a temporary SALES position with this publishing company i worked at said that #*+! to me...

i was so offended.

#!@++, you work out of someone else's office...and you only work here cause you got large chest....you dont even do your job well, evidenced by how short-lived your time here was.....

i was heated, tho, forreal...

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

"really i thought you was just an intern here"
"
indifferent.gif
YOOOOOO some chick who had a temporary SALES position with this publishing company i worked at said that #*+! to me...

i was so offended.

#!@++, you work out of someone else's office...and you only work here cause you got large chest....you dont even do your job well, evidenced by how short-lived your time here was.....

i was heated, tho, forreal...

people ask me if i wore braces (good teef) not offended but I find it odd
being asked if my younger brother and I are mixed
ohwell.gif

people ask me if i wore braces (good teef) not offended but I find it odd
being asked if my younger brother and I are mixed
ohwell.gif

"did you take a shower today?"

tryna flatter me thanks to my good hygiene.... I'm not that easy, ma
grin.gif

"did you take a shower today?"

tryna flatter me thanks to my good hygiene.... I'm not that easy, ma
grin.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'm not offended but i def. roll my eyes at

i usually don't like DS girls or you're pretty for a DS girl...

That's the most backwards %*% compliment of all time. This *@#! gets said too many times and gets passed off as acceptable.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'm not offended but i def. roll my eyes at

i usually don't like DS girls or you're pretty for a DS girl...

That's the most backwards %*% compliment of all time. This *@#! gets said too many times and gets passed off as acceptable.

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

"oh you look nice today"
indifferent.gif

what u trynna say #!%? especially since i've worn this shirt before and you know it

But then you give them the
eyes.gif
 look & they fall all over themselves to correct what they said...

"uh not that you don't look nice everyday.. nah you look nice everyday, but today you look especially nice.... yaaaa". 
Look of defeat on their face = priceless. 
I hate people that do this.  You will never get another compliment from that person ever again.  Some times it just feels good when some one says.  O you look nice today.  And yes that does mean you didn't look that good before.  So what.  Take the compliment say thank you. 
how_about_no.jpg

how about you keep that kind of "compliment" to yourself.
Trynna lowkey diss me and im suppose be all
happy.gif
about it
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

But for real though word to Chris Rock's high school teacher from Everybody Hates Chris.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

"oh you look nice today"
indifferent.gif

what u trynna say #!%? especially since i've worn this shirt before and you know it

But then you give them the
eyes.gif
 look & they fall all over themselves to correct what they said...

"uh not that you don't look nice everyday.. nah you look nice everyday, but today you look especially nice.... yaaaa". 
Look of defeat on their face = priceless. 
I hate people that do this.  You will never get another compliment from that person ever again.  Some times it just feels good when some one says.  O you look nice today.  And yes that does mean you didn't look that good before.  So what.  Take the compliment say thank you. 
how_about_no.jpg

how about you keep that kind of "compliment" to yourself.
Trynna lowkey diss me and im suppose be all
happy.gif
about it
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

But for real though word to Chris Rock's high school teacher from Everybody Hates Chris.

"You're so well-spoken and articulate!"
I don't have a problem with someone actually saying this to me but it's the surprise in their voice that kind of annoys me. I mean, is it really that hard to comprehend?

"You're from Brooklyn? You don't sound like it." (How so?) "Well, you don't sound like....a.....[insert one-worded substitute for hood-dwelling rodent here]."
indifferent.gif

I legitimately got this from some old white dude not too long ago at a football game. Like, really? Every young black woman from Brooklyn is supposed to sound like a [see above]? +!+@ you.

"You're so well-spoken and articulate!"
I don't have a problem with someone actually saying this to me but it's the surprise in their voice that kind of annoys me. I mean, is it really that hard to comprehend?

"You're from Brooklyn? You don't sound like it." (How so?) "Well, you don't sound like....a.....[insert one-worded substitute for hood-dwelling rodent here]."
indifferent.gif

I legitimately got this from some old white dude not too long ago at a football game. Like, really? Every young black woman from Brooklyn is supposed to sound like a [see above]? +!+@ you.

- i know a chick that gets HIGHLY pissed at the comment of "you look good for a dark skinned chick".

- i mean i understand but i dont see what the big deal was/is
ohwell.gif

- i know a chick that gets HIGHLY pissed at the comment of "you look good for a dark skinned chick".

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

ohwell.gif

Probably because people don't normally associate "good looking" with "dark skinned". It's like seeing a four year-old who has never seen a piano in their life, let alone played one, just start banging out Beethoven like it's nothing. It's sad that people still see it as such a shock because I know plenty of dark skinned girls who are very, very pretty.
tired.gif

nah i gotta feelin ninjahood talks real proper for the occasion..........dude isnt even stupid, ppl side track what he says cuz of the "da" all the time to get his points across

nah i gotta feelin ninjahood talks real proper for the occasion..........dude isnt even stupid, ppl side track what he says cuz of the "da" all the time to get his points across

ohwell.gif

Probably because people don't normally associate "good looking" with "dark skinned". It's like seeing a four year-old who has never seen a piano in their life, let alone played one, just start banging out Beethoven like it's nothing. It's sad that people still see it as such a shock because I know plenty of dark skinned girls who are very, very pretty.
tired.gif

ohwell.gif

sarcasm or serious?

Back
Top Bottom