Horror as Hofstra University (21-year old girl shot dead)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-twin-sister-masked-intruder-breaks-home.html

Article is long, but here's a brief taking from it:

A Hofstra University sorority girl has been shot dead after a masked, armed intruder forced his way into the home she shared with her twin sister and college friends.

The victim, identified by friends as 21-year-old Andrea Rebello, was at the home on Long Island, New York with two other girls - including her sister Jessica - and a male when the tragedy occurred at 2.30am on Friday.

The suspect, who has not been named, was also shot dead at the home during gunfire from police.

The man had knocked on the door of the home on California Avenue - which is just a block from the university campus - at 2.20am and then forced his way inside, police said on Friday morning.

The suspect, who was not a student at the university, was armed with a handgun and wearing a ski mask. He then headed to the second floor and held the residents hostage, according to reports.

He allowed one of the women to leave the home to withdraw money from an ATM and she called 911, Nassau County Deputy Inspector Kenneth Lack told NBC New York.

She told the 911 dispatcher that the intruder had a silver handgun pointed at her friend's head in a second-floor bedroom, NBC reported. She added that there were multiple hostages.

The dispatcher passed the information to police and less than a minute later, Nassau County police officers reached the home.

Such a sad story. Sorority girl shot dead in front of her twin sister :smh: . The gunman was also shot dead by police.

View media item 415303 Victim is on the far right.

RIP to the girl.

Hofstra is an absolute dump and same with the surrounding area.

Tell the truth, would this story be as sad if the girl was ugly??

damn man 
mean.gif
 rip.  ya know if i get a knock at the door at 2AM i ain't opening it doe.

That's a polite *** home invader.  Buddy had the decency to knock first.  I really hope nobody answered the door and THEN he forced his way in.  
mean.gif

I was thinking the same. Honestly I think it would if they were twins.

Shallow thoughts man. It's sad either way.

However, I see why you guys are asking that, because there are plenty of people would will always bring up "and she was so pretty too, so sad" type of comments.

What I would love to know is, why would the gunman allow the girl to leave to "go to the ATM". I mean logically as a gunman, why would you allow her to leave. Do you think she wouldn't call 911?

Last edited:
Wouldn't matter if she was pretty or not, a college student killed in their own home is a big story. Like DoubleJs said, the area surrounding the university is a dump and plagued by crime. No way would I let my child live off campus at Hofstra.

He allowed one of the women to leave the home to withdraw money from an ATM and she called 911, Nassau County Deputy Inspector Kenneth Lack told NBC New York.

This part is kinda confusing to me....

Dude goes in...takes hostages...then allows one to leave to withdraw money from an ATM as if she wouldn't call police the second she was out the door? Like, was this even thought out?

I think it's more sad that they're twins. Twins have a close bond. I know cause I knew these set of twins in high school. They were chubby and when one wore elastic pants so did the other so not only one of them would be ridiculed.

this actually really bother me i know the girl who died i went to hs with her shes two year younger than me but i remember taking the buss with her and her and her sister were best friends..crazy ****** world we live in RIP Andrea 
frown.gif

RIP to the girl.

Hofstra is an absolute dump and same with the surrounding area.

I got a lot of fam in hempstead. Dads side of family from there. I mean everywhere has good and bad parts though.

Last edited:

This part is kinda confusing to me....

Dude goes in...takes hostages...then allows one to leave to withdraw money from an ATM as if she wouldn't call police the second she was out the door? Like, was this even thought out?

Dude was probably a meth head.

R.I.P Andrea she had her whole life ahead of her the fun was just bout to begin. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom