House of Hoops releases: information ONLY!!

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

If HOH did Phone orders, they'd be Busy as hell ALL day
laugh.gif
What business doesn't want to be busy all day? Actually I can think of some: the ones that want to fail.

And about the GR's, that's true. I finally went to HOH LA and it got old after about a minute. Yeah, nice stuff, but they have so much crap thatregular chain stores have, and none of it looks like it moves. They're digging themselves into somewhat of a hole with all of the limited releases,because it sure doesn't make that GR stuff sell.

^^^and that may be the issue. it sucks that the gr tb that release to the public are not the same tb the nba players get (ie the powermax and hyperdunk);although the hyperdunks did well on their own. the blue chips and bizness continue to do poorly along w/ the tb soldier II. another shoe that just came outthat is doin terrible is the aj II.5. nike put out the ray ray pe and again, the pe was the only one to sell out only because of the "sugar ray"stitching on the side. if they were a gr, i'm sure they would be chillin next to the jumpman pros. if nike/jb came out w/ the og colors of the jumpman prow/ the same specs (ie real cf and ice sole), i can garuntee that sales would be at least 2x better than they are on that model.

Originally Posted by Fresh BOY DJ

Originally Posted by marqueemark

Originally Posted by victoryballer

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

2.5's are ugly

specially them sugar rays
agreed..

3x co-sign

Ya'll are haters.....I'm a big Jordan fanatic growing up and watching him play, it has a 2 & 3's in the shoe combined so we can't go wrongwith that and even my wifey says she likes these a lot and she knows about sneakers and fashion.....I wouldn't rock any other 2.5's besides this pairb/c Ray Allen is a great player and I respect his game. What you buy them b/c I know if I'm rocking them, I'm staying fresh.

On ebay they going for 250-300 for some real exclusive pair of PE's is not a bad deal, we talking about 3 stores getting them in Chicago, LA & NY hereboys and girls, this is some major heat SUGAR RAY!

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I find it funny how peoples jumped all over the Yankee and Mr BB V's, yet the GR collected dust...
eyes.gif

I couldn't find them in my area, wish I was where you were a so I can get some of those dust collector haha.

Originally Posted by shaqrules

^^^and that may be the issue. it sucks that the gr tb that release to the public are not the same tb the nba players get (ie the powermax and hyperdunk); although the hyperdunks did well on their own. the blue chips and bizness continue to do poorly along w/ the tb soldier II. another shoe that just came out that is doin terrible is the aj II.5. nike put out the ray ray pe and again, the pe was the only one to sell out only because of the "sugar ray" stitching on the side. if they were a gr, i'm sure they would be chillin next to the jumpman pros. if nike/jb came out w/ the og colors of the jumpman pro w/ the same specs (ie real cf and ice sole), i can garuntee that sales would be at least 2x better than they are on that model.
Yes and the fact that Ray Allen's name sells so what's your point, he's a high profiled player and don't get me wrong if thesewere this colorway with the Sugar Ray they will not sell but these should sell out b/c they are collectors and rare items.

Originally Posted by Amunfei24

Originally Posted by shaqrules

^^^and that may be the issue. it sucks that the gr tb that release to the public are not the same tb the nba players get (ie the powermax and hyperdunk); although the hyperdunks did well on their own. the blue chips and bizness continue to do poorly along w/ the tb soldier II. another shoe that just came out that is doin terrible is the aj II.5. nike put out the ray ray pe and again, the pe was the only one to sell out only because of the "sugar ray" stitching on the side. if they were a gr, i'm sure they would be chillin next to the jumpman pros. if nike/jb came out w/ the og colors of the jumpman pro w/ the same specs (ie real cf and ice sole), i can garuntee that sales would be at least 2x better than they are on that model.
Yes and the fact that Ray Allen's name sells so what's your point, he's a high profiled player and don't get me wrong if these were this colorway with the Sugar Ray they will not sell but these should sell out b/c they are collectors and rare items.

you're very ignorant. not only did you ask me a dumb question, you answered it within the same sentence (including bad grammar and sentence structure). if you could comprehend anything, you would have understood my post. the point of pe releases are to help push the gr's; the fact that this particularrelease had "sugar ray" on them are the only reasons this shoe sold. like others stated above, without ray's name, this shoe in this colorwaywould collect dust...but i guess you are too ignorant to comprehend that as well.
indifferent.gif

Shaq has a great point which I stated when the HoH concept was first brought to light. Not many liked it when I aired it out here. Thought I thought I was aknow it all. Hardly.. just common sense.

When you offer a product that is limited and so far superior in looks and materials used sold next to something which is bland and for general consumers..hence a general release. The GR version will suffer.

I offered the solution of selling PEs of players in certain cities even in Footlockers which do not have an HOH to boost sales... but execution has been poopoo at best. Just as the execution of making Lebron Team Shoes in Team Colors..... laughable.

Concepts are one thing. Execution of the Concept is key.

Just like Jordan selling Uniforms for Teams in Eastbay won't work, because altho the Concept (pitched last year) is being executed piss poorly.

You just can't expect items which are limited in nature to boost sales of the General Release product. You might as well up your production of PEs andlessen the production of GRs and make them much more widely accessible.

But I said that already.

2.5's are ugly

agreed..

3x co-sign

Ya'll are haters.....I'm a big Jordan fanatic growing up and watching him play, it has a 2 & 3's in the shoe combined so we can't go wrong with that and even my wifey says she likes these a lot and she knows about sneakers and fashion.....I wouldn't rock any other 2.5's besides this pair b/c Ray Allen is a great player and I respect his game. What you buy them b/c I know if I'm rocking them, I'm staying fresh.
So if my wifey knows about sneakers and fashion then all of a sudden she is an expert on hot basketball shoes? Does she know about material use,where the product is made, who is making it and in what factory? Does she know about the working conditions in those factories? The contracts that exist thatenable those shoes to be produced, packaged and shipped to the U.S. retailers? Does she know the company policy on animal rights, where they get theirleathers from, how much they are paying and how much they are making?

People just have their opinion, if they think the shoe is ugly, which I kind of do as well, we can express it. There's no need to defend the shoe if youlike it. And this "I know if I'm rocking them, I'm staying fresh" is exactly what Nike wants you tobelieve, in terms of marketing to consumers. Some of the comments here should lead you to think the opposite, so it's good that you're thinking foryourself, but the truth is you're just another number in line.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

2.5's are ugly

agreed..

3x co-sign

Ya'll are haters.....I'm a big Jordan fanatic growing up and watching him play, it has a 2 & 3's in the shoe combined so we can't go wrong with that and even my wifey says she likes these a lot and she knows about sneakers and fashion.....I wouldn't rock any other 2.5's besides this pair b/c Ray Allen is a great player and I respect his game. What you buy them b/c I know if I'm rocking them, I'm staying fresh.
So if my wifey knows about sneakers and fashion then all of a sudden she is an expert on hot basketball shoes? Does she know about material use, where the product is made, who is making it and in what factory? Does she know about the working conditions in those factories? The contracts that exist that enable those shoes to be produced, packaged and shipped to the U.S. retailers? Does she know the company policy on animal rights, where they get their leathers from, how much they are paying and how much they are making?

People just have their opinion, if they think the shoe is ugly, which I kind of do as well, we can express it. There's no need to defend the shoe if you like it. And this "I know if I'm rocking them, I'm staying fresh" is exactly what Nike wants you to believe, in terms of marketing to consumers. Some of the comments here should lead you to think the opposite, so it's good that you're thinking for yourself, but the truth is you're just another number in line.
True very well said, I rock strictly Jordans but this is the only pair I would wear because they are more exclusive PE's by Ray Allenotherwise I would never buy a pair simple as that.....Nike did the HOH release and there was limited quantities so that got me to buy these suckers. I seevalue in these shoes. I know OG members find this pair of 2.5's ugly but I'll speak to the real shoe collectors, this pair took my money and if theykeeping coming out with more limited pairs and no one is buying them, I'll invest in these real easily, so more for me.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Dunno' what all the hype is about ...

Most HOH releases suck, anyway, and can generally be copped two days after.
Oh yeah if it's so good for you but how can you cop a pair if there is only 3 HOH in the US? You are full of garbage just like everyone elsewho's hating. Remember these are limited pairs of RAY ALLEN not some monkey playing in the NBA who doesn't have a track record. Like I said before ifSugar Ray was not on the shoe, I would never cop and I would never buy them but for $135 retail if you can get it at that price it's not bad but on ebaythese going easily 250-300 is what I've noticed and not many pair floating on Ebay tell you that they are pretty rare. If it was so easy to buy then Ebaywould have been flooded with these Jordan 2.5 PE Sugar Rays. Too bad FL doesn't have HOH in your area so keep hating!

Oh yeah if it's so good for you but how can you cop a pair if there is only 3 HOH in the US? You are full of garbage just like everyone else who's hating. Remember these are limited pairs of RAY ALLEN not some monkey playing in the NBA who doesn't have a track record. Like I said before if Sugar Ray was not on the shoe, I would never cop and I would never buy them but for $135 retail if you can get it at that price it's not bad but on ebay these going easily 250-300 is what I've noticed and not many pair floating on Ebay tell you that they are pretty rare. If it was so easy to buy then Ebay would have been flooded with these Jordan 2.5 PE Sugar Rays. Too bad FL doesn't have HOH in your area so keep hating!

Because their are people like me who live in NYC who are actually willing to hook up people for retail, tax and shipping. Some people actually still respectand love this culture for what it should be unlike others who do it to make a quick buck.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Oh yeah if it's so good for you but how can you cop a pair if there is only 3 HOH in the US? You are full of garbage just like everyone else who's hating. Remember these are limited pairs of RAY ALLEN not some monkey playing in the NBA who doesn't have a track record. Like I said before if Sugar Ray was not on the shoe, I would never cop and I would never buy them but for $135 retail if you can get it at that price it's not bad but on ebay these going easily 250-300 is what I've noticed and not many pair floating on Ebay tell you that they are pretty rare. If it was so easy to buy then Ebay would have been flooded with these Jordan 2.5 PE Sugar Rays. Too bad FL doesn't have HOH in your area so keep hating!

Because their are people like me who live in NYC who are actually willing to hook up people for retail, tax and shipping. Some people actually still respect and love this culture for what it should be unlike others who do it to make a quick buck.
That's great and some people aren't willing to hook anyone up because they actually have to find the shoes and put time and effort andwant to be different so everyone won't have a pair on! I wish I worked for a store and I would look out but it gets expensive when you purchase items forretail.

Back
Top Bottom