House of Hoops releases: information ONLY!!

Originally Posted by Amunfei24

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Dunno' what all the hype is about ...

Most HOH releases suck, anyway, and can generally be copped two days after.
Oh yeah if it's so good for you but how can you cop a pair if there is only 3 HOH in the US? You are full of garbage just like everyone else who's hating. Remember these are limited pairs of RAY ALLEN not some monkey playing in the NBA who doesn't have a track record. Like I said before if Sugar Ray was not on the shoe, I would never cop and I would never buy them but for $135 retail if you can get it at that price it's not bad but on ebay these going easily 250-300 is what I've noticed and not many pair floating on Ebay tell you that they are pretty rare. If it was so easy to buy then Ebay would have been flooded with these Jordan 2.5 PE Sugar Rays. Too bad FL doesn't have HOH in your area so keep hating!
laugh.gif
@ you for buying shoes because "they belimitedz".
laugh.gif

Now, honestly ... how limited does that look to you? ^^^
Don't you have any suspicions as to why these are barely bringing in $150 on eBay???
ohwell.gif

Sorry to break it to you, but most HOH releases aren't that great. Not to mention, there's usually either a bunch of kids camping out or employeestrying to stash for themselves. It's something I've learned to live without. I've got a steady flow of contacts for grabbing my faves, and standingin line for 3 days isn't for me.

As far as HOH in the South, it's not really necessary. Anything I've ever wanted from HOH (only a handful of shoes), I've copped the following weekfor about $30 over retail, either at a boutique, on eBay, or through other connects. Call me lucky, resourceful, or "a hater", but I buy shoes that Iwant to wear, not because "I'm gonna' collect all the PE stock there is if you don't". I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelingsabout HOH. You don't have to agree with my opinion, all you have to do is respect it.
grin.gif

^Well put sir

lol since HOH LA has opened,
I have been interested in like 3 pairs max,
have purchased 2 from there.

I haven't been too excited about it, and am also thankful I have some people looking out for me as I do for them...

Oh yeah if it's so good for you but how can you cop a pair if there is only 3 HOH in the US? You are full of garbage just like everyone else who's hating. Remember these are limited pairs of RAY ALLEN not some monkey playing in the NBA who doesn't have a track record. Like I said before if Sugar Ray was not on the shoe, I would never cop and I would never buy them but for $135 retail if you can get it at that price it's not bad but on ebay these going easily 250-300 is what I've noticed and not many pair floating on Ebay tell you that they are pretty rare. If it was so easy to buy then Ebay would have been flooded with these Jordan 2.5 PE Sugar Rays. Too bad FL doesn't have HOH in your area so keep hating!
laugh.gif
@ you for buying shoes because "they be limitedz".
laugh.gif

Sorry to break it to you, but most HOH releases aren't that great. Not to mention, there's usually either a bunch of kids camping out or employees trying to stash for themselves. It's something I've learned to live without. I've got a steady flow of contacts for grabbing my faves, and standing in line for 3 days isn't for me.

As far as HOH in the South, it's not really necessary. Anything I've ever wanted from HOH (only a handful of shoes), I've copped the following week for about $30 over retail, either at a boutique, on eBay, or through other connects. Call me lucky, resourceful, or "a hater", but I buy shoes that I want to wear, not because "I'm gonna' collect all the PE stock there is if you don't". I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings about HOH. You don't have to agree with my opinion, all you have to do is respect it.
grin.gif
True but if you don't have access like a lot of people in the world. Not many people have connects like you, so if I want a pair can I get ahook up then? Who's willing to look out for me next time? You guys are all regulars who know each other and think alike you guys are only a small part ofthe market my friends.

laugh.gif
@ you for buying shoes because "they be limitedz".
laugh.gif

Sorry to break it to you, but most HOH releases aren't that great. Not to mention, there's usually either a bunch of kids camping out or employees trying to stash for themselves. It's something I've learned to live without. I've got a steady flow of contacts for grabbing my faves, and standing in line for 3 days isn't for me.

As far as HOH in the South, it's not really necessary. Anything I've ever wanted from HOH (only a handful of shoes), I've copped the following week for about $30 over retail, either at a boutique, on eBay, or through other connects. Call me lucky, resourceful, or "a hater", but I buy shoes that I want to wear, not because "I'm gonna' collect all the PE stock there is if you don't". I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings about HOH. You don't have to agree with my opinion, all you have to do is respect it.
grin.gif
True but if you don't have access like a lot of people in the world. Not many people have connects like you, so if I want a pair can I get a hook up then? Who's willing to look out for me next time?

This is where friendship, personality, and willingness to reciprocate favors come into play. I meet 20 greedy A**holes for every 1 "cool" connect.
The key is to get friendly with employees, and meet people from there.

As far as NT hookups, I've only been on these boards for a few months, and only have a few friends, but have been buying for YEARS on the net and fromshops down here. People know I'm going to buy something when I walk in the store. When I call them, they know I'm looking for something specific.You've definitely gotta' build up your role ...

damn, Amunfei24 defending those 2.5's like he designed them.
nerd.gif
. and if you did, you need to find a new job.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Because their are people like me who live in NYC who are actually willing to hook up people for retail, tax and shipping. Some people actually still respect and love this culture for what it should be unlike others who do it to make a quick buck.
That's great and some people aren't willing to hook anyone up because they actually have to find the shoes and put time and effort and want to be different so everyone won't have a pair on! I wish I worked for a store and I would look out but it gets expensive when you purchase items for retail.
laugh.gif
at the first part of you sentence. You actually think Ihave to go and find shoes and put time and effort into finding a shoe?! I've collected for 8 years and the only shoes I ever look for are shoes for me,from my living room and from my computer, and shoes that i want. I can careless if you, the dude next door, his mom, his dad, his brothers have the sameshoes...that's the problem with dudes like you, ur more interested in wearing what no one else has and go for shtty limited releases...which by the waythose aren't PEs they are a limited release, a PE is NOT available to the public by any retail means period, HOH or not...see I rather buy something I likeand everyone has than buying something that looks like crap just because it's limited.

My limited releases that I have, I got them because I wanted them and believe me i didnt' have to try had to find them. From limited to PEs (yes non-HOHreleases).

Because their are people like me who live in NYC who are actually willing to hook up people for retail, tax and shipping. Some people actually still respect and love this culture for what it should be unlike others who do it to make a quick buck.
That's great and some people aren't willing to hook anyone up because they actually have to find the shoes and put time and effort and want to be different so everyone won't have a pair on! I wish I worked for a store and I would look out but it gets expensive when you purchase items for retail.
laugh.gif
at the first part of you sentence. You actually think I have to go and find shoes and put time and effort into finding a shoe?! I've collected for 8 years and the only shoes I ever look for are shoes for me, from my living room and from my computer, and shoes that i want. I can careless if you, the dude next door, his mom, his dad, his brothers have the same shoes...that's the problem with dudes like you, ur more interested in wearing what no one else has and go for shtty limited releases...which by the way those aren't PEs they are a limited release, a PE is NOT available to the public by any retail means period, HOH or not...see I rather buy something I like and everyone has than buying something that looks like crap just because it's limited.

My limited releases that I have, I got them because I wanted them and believe me i didnt' have to try had to find them. From limited to PEs (yes non-HOH releases).
Funny you should say that comment re: "PE's" and what really is a PE.
grin.gif

Nike has been marketing some of these "limited" (I put in quotations because some of us here know the truth) releases as "PE"'s.
They've watered down the term "PE" so much that now everyone who gets an HOH release considers it to be a "Player Exclusive" ... morelike "Player Exclusive Colorway", no?
Gone are the days when a PE was exactly that -- a PLAYER EXCLUSIVE.
eyes.gif

Good post.

Bottom line those 2.5 shoes sucks...
back 2 HOH information .....any word on if those foamposite lites (yi, STATs or C butler) are dropping at HOH ??
nerd.gif

I CAN UNDERSTAND MAYBE GETTING AN EXTRA $20 BUCKS BUT RESELLING FOR ALOT MORE THAT SUCKS ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE THAT REALLY WANT THEM. THERE SHOULD BE MOREPEOPLE LIKE SARTEAGA THAT HOOK UP PEOPLE LIKE THE WAY HE DOES. JUST MY POINT BY THE WAY I KINDA LIKE THE 2.5 .

Originally Posted by SPURFAN21

I CAN UNDERSTAND MAYBE GETTING AN EXTRA $20 BUCKS BUT RESELLING FOR ALOT MORE THAT SUCKS ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE THAT REALLY WANT THEM. THERE SHOULD BE MORE PEOPLE LIKE SARTEAGA THAT HOOK UP PEOPLE LIKE THE WAY HE DOES. JUST MY POINT BY THE WAY I KINDA LIKE THE 2.5 .

Thank you! I'll be heading to HOH sometime next week....just hit me up.

THERE SHOULD BE MORE PEOPLE LIKE SARTEAGA THAT HOOK UP PEOPLE LIKE THE WAY HE DOES.
There should be but theres not... Ya'll cats on these forums kill me. Ya'll want ppl to waste their time, gas, and put up the money for ufor nothing. I used to hook ppl up all the time on this forum when I first signed up but never ever has anybody hooked me up, so why continue doing it?

Originally Posted by searchin4js

THERE SHOULD BE MORE PEOPLE LIKE SARTEAGA THAT HOOK UP PEOPLE LIKE THE WAY HE DOES.
There should be but theres not... Ya'll cats on these forums kill me. Ya'll want ppl to waste their time, gas, and put up the money for u for nothing. I used to hook ppl up all the time on this forum when I first signed up but never ever has anybody hooked me up, so why continue doing it?

i've hooked people up free of charge, but it seems when "I" need something, NOBODY comes through for me.

I have to second searchin4js and spoonmanofthehour...I personally have met searchin4j's and he's a nice dude but I have ran into this as well.Normally, or really the regulars I hook up, are people who have hooked me up before and continue to hook me up. I tell everyone that I hook up, I expect thesame if I ever need something that I can't pick up. Luckily I haven't had anyone outrightly refuse so, so far so good.

I have to second searchin4js and spoonmanofthehour...I personally have met searchin4j's and he's a nice dude but I have ran into this as well. Normally, or really the regulars I hook up, are people who have hooked me up before and continue to hook me up. I tell everyone that I hook up, I expect the same if I ever need something that I can't pick up. Luckily I haven't had anyone outrightly refuse so, so far so good.
Same way I feel, if its someone I know whether there around the forums alot or dealt with me before I'll be more than happy to hook them upand they'll always throw me a bit extra . There aren't too many people that return that favor but everyone expects it back, and they act like it wouldkill them to pay for my lunch or something.

searchinforjays is my friend also

he has no reason to hook anyone up

if you dont do for anyone else dont ask for anything in return

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Why is hooking someone up comes with a only if I can get something out of it???

WE DONT GET JACK HERE IN S.A. SO THE ONLY THING I COULD EVER HOOK ANYONE UP WITH IS GR STUFF. MAYBE SB STUFF ALSO. I HAVE NO HATE FOR THE RESELLERS . THANKSSARTEAGA FOR THE OFFER I HAVE A FRIEND UP THERE IN NYC THAT GOES UP THERE FOR ME WHEN HE CAN. THE ONLY THING IM WAITNG FOR IS THE 09 PARKER HUARACHE.

really good to see some people are willing to help other people out and just asking for the same thing in return. Really good of you to do that for peoplesarteaga0408. I know from personal experience I have heard and seen the pics of all the great shoes releases at HOH and never been able to get anything livingin Canada. Espcially when you have people asking for a lot of extra cash for a favor.

bmoore34 wrote:
160jordansdeep wrote:

Why is hooking someone up comes with a only if I can get something out of it???

because the people that have a little help getting shoes don't need anyone leching off of them if they get nothing in return

atleast i don't

the only way i myself would look out for someone is if they looked out for me first

and if someone does not its not the end of the world

its just less of a reason to hook anyone else up

as I have said many times shoe collecting is a very selfish hobby

Back
Top Bottom