HOUSTON TEXAS, CHECK IN...SPOTS, THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO GO, ETC.ETC.

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Has Timmy Chan's not been mentioned yet?

Yeah Timmy Chans is a must hit up spot.

Hit up the one off of 610 S and MLK.

Also, in terms of kicks, Premium Goods, Active Athlete, mayne, this too much to talk about, I've been here 25 years of my life. 713-568-5589, just shoot a text, pause.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by fatpat1251

WELCOME TO HOUSTON!!!

Im over by Pearland but grew up on the West.... Chicago native but TEXAS raised... Pretty much everything you've heard to this is 100% on point.... And I do miss the old Sneaker Summits with less Kids/Hypebeasts and more actual sneakerheads....

If u like BBQ, try Big Horn BBQ off 288 and 518 and I can't wait for the Steak and Shake to open in Pearland as well.... It sucks cuz past 12, nothing is open but Dennys, IHop and Whataburger in Pearland but its cool...

Hope you enjoy da H!

Watch out for the cops in Pearland too, they're bored.

I don't know any Houston NTers that
smokin.gif
just like one or two.
^^3, now that I moved out here
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

NTers by Pearland and Almeda Mall??? Whaaaaa? I can get to those pretty fast
laugh.gif
im like 10 blocks from Almeda "mall"...  If that's what you call that run down shopping center
laugh.gif

I was ON that [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Chimmy[/color] Timmy Chan's at U of H...until I graduated and can afford real chicken lol.

I tell ya what though bruh, being that this is Niketalk, gotta put you on well in advance - coppin J's is the end all-be all for a huge portion of peeps in the H.  Whether they be dope boys, rachet skeos, collectors, hypebeasts, etc., if it's a popular release, you better come correct.  I've been working in the sneaker culture for the past 5-6 years so it hasn't been an issue for me but my best advice is pick a mall as soon as you can then pick a store & get to work on your connect.  People always make it seem harder than it is but all you gotta do is just be up front with people, be consistent and chill & you never gotta worry about a release again.  But you definitely gonna need a connect for 12/23; unless you get in w/ the Get Money Boyz (from Lakewood
wink.gif
)

Also a few more odds & ends:

- Make sure to get an EZ Tag, being that you're on the NW.  I personally never use it because the feeder is just as fast (quicker actually during rush hour) but like I said it takes forever to get from A to B so it comes in handy if you really need to get somewhere quickly.

- Thank the God Almighty you weren't here in '05 ('06?) for Hurricane Rita and Ike.  Absolutely the worst experience ever!  Make sure to stock up on Hurricane supplies on the real; we haven't had any scares since but lemme tell ya, 17 hrs to drive from downtown to the Woodlands is NOT what's up.  Nor is driving 30 miles to get a gallon of milk.

- For[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] me personally[/color], I think most cops outside of the City of Houston are racist.  Whether it be HCSO, Bellaire, Humble, Jersey Village, Shenandoah, I've had plenty of issues of DWB and it ain't like I'm ridin candy with swangas pokin out either.  But this is just [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]my experience[/color] though; I know plenty of people who've never had issues.  And if you like to speed, keep them eyes open on the freeways cause they post up during rush hour on the inside and outside lanes in unmarkeds; hell I've seen em on the feeder knockin drivers off.

- The first time we have somewhat hard rain or a pinch of cold air it's a huge news story all over the news.  It's hot as hell in the summer of course but they act like it's the end of the world once the temp hits 50 or we get an inch of rain.

- Houston is the most bandwagon city in the United States.  When the Rockets had the 22 game win streak a couple of years ago the town was painted red; now go to a Lastros game and they'll literally have like 8,000 people in the stadium.  Flipside is Texans are finally legit so that's all you gonna hear about come July on.

- This area is the absolute best place IMO to buy a house.  Dunno where you are in life but if it's time to settle down, you're not gonna find better value in many places.  I cringe watching House Hunters & see a 2 bd/1 bath condo go for $300K when down here you can get a 5/3 in a gated community for the same price.

And most importantly, most H-town rap is very basic and simple, nothing really complex to it at all but we jam the hell out of our local artists.  Dunno how much you're into the music scene, but get up on the classics from labels like (old) Swisha House, Wreck Shop, 3rd Coast, Rap-a-Lot, S.U.C. Even if you don't like a local cat, never get into East coast rapper x > local Houston guy - never gonna win that battle.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Maaaan Almeda Mall used to be the &@^#, then...something happened. Idk, I usually go there cause that's
the only place where I know a Champs Sports is.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

I was ON that [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Chimmy[/color] Timmy Chan's at U of H...until I graduated and can afford real chicken lol.

I tell ya what though bruh, being that this is Niketalk, gotta put you on well in advance - coppin J's is the end all-be all for a huge portion of peeps in the H.  Whether they be dope boys, rachet skeos, collectors, hypebeasts, etc., if it's a popular release, you better come correct.  I've been working in the sneaker culture for the past 5-6 years so it hasn't been an issue for me but my best advice is pick a mall as soon as you can then pick a store & get to work on your connect.  People always make it seem harder than it is but all you gotta do is just be up front with people, be consistent and chill & you never gotta worry about a release again.  But you definitely gonna need a connect for 12/23; unless you get in w/ the Get Money Boyz (from Lakewood
wink.gif
)

eek.gif
@ people "working" to get J's nowadays...I feel like I've been put in a time machine an sent back to 2002

Originally Posted by d e beatup

And most importantly, most H-town rap is very basic and simple, nothing really complex to it at all but we jam the hell out of our local artists.  Dunno how much you're into the music scene, but get up on the classics from labels like (old) Swisha House, Wreck Shop, 3rd Coast, Rap-a-Lot, S.U.C. Even if you don't like a local cat, never get into East coast rapper x > local Houston guy - never gonna win that battle.
word to all that, and now that ASAP made it, you can rep east coast and screw music
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by damn its me

WELCOME TO HOUSTON!!!

Im over by Pearland but grew up on the West.... Chicago native but TEXAS raised... Pretty much everything you've heard to this is 100% on point.... And I do miss the old Sneaker Summits with less Kids/Hypebeasts and more actual sneakerheads....

If u like BBQ, try Big Horn BBQ off 288 and 518 and I can't wait for the Steak and Shake to open in Pearland as well.... It sucks cuz past 12, nothing is open but Dennys, IHop and Whataburger in Pearland but its cool...

Hope you enjoy da H!

smokin.gif
just like one or two.
pimp.gif

It's a LOT of decent spots to meet up in Pearland too. My boys just moved their shop from out there (SuckerPunch).

Man if damn it's me is shawn, then I remember chopping it with you on AIM under itz me shawno or something about 3-4 years back.

If you're really in town, welcome
pimp.gif

It's usual to catch a few NTers at concerts tho.

eek.gif
@ people "working" to get J's nowadays...I feel like I've been put in a time machine an sent back to 2002

Naw, that came across wrong.  I don't work to cop shoes.  I used to work for FTL; now I work for Nike.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Maaaan Almeda Mall used to be the &@^#, then...something happened. Idk, I usually go there cause that's

Why do you need anything from Champs, just askin.  All they gonna have that Footaction/Footlocker don't is licensed apparel & a few more fitteds.  Gulfgate or Baybrook depending on your location seems more logical.  It's a far drive but in October the Tanger Outlet is gonna be open in Texas City.

Originally Posted by hellaones

Originally Posted by lebrons n jays23

I've been here for two years and I'm just now starting to see the city... I have no clue what's out here

This... plus where is Fetish?
nerd.gif

Fetish is across the street from Scott Gertners/Fountainview...literally.

It's this hispanic strip club im tryna hit up though.

I just want to sit back and enjoy the view.

smokin.gif
just like one or two.
pimp.gif

It's a LOT of decent spots to meet up in Pearland too. My boys just moved their shop from out there (SuckerPunch).

Man if damn it's me is shawn, then I remember chopping it with you on AIM under itz me shawno or something about 3-4 years back.

If you're really in town, welcome
pimp.gif

It's usual to catch a few NTers at concerts tho.
Word, that was me! still have the name, i just never on anymore...
my girl and I moved out here to take care of my grandma, she's at colonial oaks in pearland.  Here to take her to dialysis and all that.

We're staying in Pasadena, like 3 blocks from South Houston HS.

We definitely gotta catch up, have a few brews catch a game or some.
pimp.gif

d e beatup wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why do you need anything from Champs, just askin.  All they gonna have that Footaction/Footlocker don't is licensed apparel & a few more fitteds.  Gulfgate or Baybrook depending on your location seems more logical.  It's a far drive but in October the Tanger Outlet is gonna be open in Texas City.

I like to get a lot of those team/player shirts that they wouldn't normally sell at Academy (since Academy would only have local stuff).

Cool, cool.  You can always stop by a different Champs and have them Stock Locate for you if a different one is closer.  Even if they don't have the product in store, they can ship it to you for like $3, but you have to pay in store.  

dont know why you want to stay away from the SW...

i love it out there... them hood yambs are plentiful and the food is great...

women in alief are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pearland is the uppity part IMO... very nice and clean...

head down 45 and come holla at me in LaMarque, doe...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i go there for Jordan releases, thats about it.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by kidoopz

In the SW area so, Westheimer, Rice Village, Washington Ave, Downtown, like someone said Scott Gerners, House of Blues for shows.. Meh its so widespread.. But welcome doh

Scott Gerners fell off. It's too ratchet now. I seen dudes at SG with jerseys on
sick.gif

Houston is pretty backwards, but that was the last straw. I don't live their anymore but anytime i visit home it makes me realize how backwards Texas is.

But its still my home
pimp.gif
You seen dudes at a sports bar with jersey's on
eek.gif
eek.gif

The females still be out there in flocks, Wednesdays are the best nights to go.
I'd be down for a cookout
nerd.gif
Dude this is SG on Wednesday in the SUMMER...nobody goes to watch the games. It's basically a club after 10pm
indifferent.gif

Anyways, dudes had on tall tees and nascar jackets too. My point seems to have flown over your head..........

Texas is backwards. When you leave and come back, you will realize this.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Scott Gerners fell off. It's too ratchet now. I seen dudes at SG with jerseys on
sick.gif

Houston is pretty backwards, but that was the last straw. I don't live their anymore but anytime i visit home it makes me realize how backwards Texas is.

But its still my home
pimp.gif
You seen dudes at a sports bar with jersey's on
eek.gif
eek.gif

The females still be out there in flocks, Wednesdays are the best nights to go.
I'd be down for a cookout
nerd.gif
Dude this is SG on Wednesday in the SUMMER...nobody goes to watch the games. It's basically a club after 10pm
indifferent.gif

Anyways, dudes had on tall tees and nascar jackets too. My point seems to have flown over your head..........

Texas is backwards. When you leave and come back, you will realize this.
laugh.gif
@ nascar jackets.....woooow...this IS a long way from cali....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

dont know why you want to stay away from the SW...

i love it out there... them hood yambs are plentiful and the food is great...

women in alief are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pearland is the uppity part IMO... very nice and clean...

head down 45 and come holla at me in LaMarque, doe...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

stop it
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by hellaones

Originally Posted by lebrons n jays23

I've been here for two years and I'm just now starting to see the city... I have no clue what's out here

This... plus where is Fetish?
nerd.gif

Fetish is across the street from Scott Gertners/Fountainview...literally.

It's this hispanic strip club im tryna hit up though.

I just want to sit back and enjoy the view.

eek.gif
So...this is where we meeting up, right????

WELCOME TO HOUSTON!!!

Hope you enjoy da H!

smokin.gif
just like one or two.
i used to.... taking a break... SMH

NW side checking in, right on that 249
pimp.gif
 NW and 1960 area has the best pho and sushi places
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if you're interested in that. You should also check out discovery green and some of the museums, they're really nice if you're interested in that sort of stuff. Also, downtown houston has an underground tunnel system that people like to travel through with nice restaurants you might want to check out.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know when the Grey XI's dropped in 01 I think, a kid got trampled and died I believe...
I was Greenspoint when they robbed everyone in line when the first DMP dropped... I was chillin in my car thou, everyone out in line got jacked...

I was at Baybrook when that shady !%* manager at the bred XI & taxi XII DMP release was charging $500-$750 a pop for em.... He bought the whole stock I believe.... He got fired thou...

Ive seen it all.....

BTW, if u wanna cop early and only get taxed a lil, hit up Active Athlete at least before they charge the D-Boy prices 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif

Good to see other Houston Niketalkers in here. Anybody else lives in the Northside besides me, I know I can't be the only one

Born and raised in Houston, but I moved to San Antonio 2 years ago with my folks.
Bellaire cops are THE WORST, I used to hate going through there.
If you love tacos I know 2 
pimp.gif
 taco places

Tacos La Bala on Bellaire

Taconaso on Fulton

But Taconaso>any taco place

Free Press Summer Fest is in 2 weeks, solid line-up and it's only $75

Timmy Chans, dirty place but a chicken strip dinner with fries or shrimp fried rice for $6? You can't beat that 
pimp.gif

If you like arcades, Planet Zero is awesome, it's in the galleria area, plus every Saturday there's usually car meets

Back
Top Bottom