HOUSTON TEXAS, CHECK IN...SPOTS, THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO GO, ETC.ETC.

cookout at my place if folks want...space for days, and whatnot... for the folks that hosted me last time out here..i owe yall
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

So let's organize something before the summer gets here and it's waaay to hot and humid.
Man, it's always hot and humid here. You'll get used to it. Make sure your AC is always working.
Make sure you go get some @OhMyGogi. It's a Korean BBQ taco food truck, so they rotate around from their usual spots. They're usually in Rice Village and open late night, so you can get some grub after a night of drinking. Go try The Waffle Bus, too. I haven't personally tried it yet, but I hear nothing but good things about it.

If you want some cheap Chinese food, go get some Timmy Chan's. They're usually located in the hoods, but there's one on Greens and Veterans Memorial since you're on the NW, too. 4 piece chicken wings with fried rice or fries for about $5.

If you want some good BBQ, try Hickory Hollow. It's not too far from Willowbrook Mall. Their chicken fried steak is great.

If you're into SB's or clothing brands such as The Hundreds, Diamond, 10 Deep, etc. Go to Shannons by Willowbrook. It's in the same parking lot as Baker St. Pub & Grill, which is a chilled place to drink.

And if you like going to the movies, go to Silverado IMAX Theaters in Tomball. I'd rather go there because AMC 24 in Willowbrook is filled with teeny boppers. Silverado is too, but not as bad.

As far as concerts and shows go, they're usually at the Toyota Center, Warehouse Live, House of Blues and sometimes the Woodlands Pavillion.

I see some random Houston heads popping up in this thread that I've never seen before.
nerd.gif

Three Words: The Breakfast Klub. I don't want to say much, but if you haven't gone there yet, go tomorrow and order the chicken and waffles (seriously) ...

Originally Posted by kidoopz

In the SW area so, Westheimer, Rice Village, Washington Ave, Downtown, like someone said Scott Gerners, House of Blues for shows.. Meh its so widespread.. But welcome doh

Scott Gerners fell off. It's too ratchet now. I seen dudes at SG with jerseys on
sick.gif

Houston is pretty backwards, but that was the last straw. I don't live their anymore but anytime i visit home it makes me realize how backwards Texas is.

But its still my home
pimp.gif

I'm serious let's get it. I can bring some type of food or meat. More on this later.Is the Skybar closed?
It's either closed, or they rarely have stuff going on there anymore. I've never been there myself, but my parents used to go there on nights when they had
much older crowds.

I'm serious let's get it. I can bring some type of food or meat. More on this later.Is the Skybar closed?

i can host, got plenty of room, but again, im out 45 near almeda mall...
eyes.gif

its summer so day aint an issue, lets get it scheduled

Originally Posted by damn its me

i can host, got plenty of room, but again, im out 45 near almeda mall...
eyes.gif

its summer so day aint an issue, lets get it scheduled
yea you far lol, but its all good.  I'm down

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

In the SW area so, Westheimer, Rice Village, Washington Ave, Downtown, like someone said Scott Gerners, House of Blues for shows.. Meh its so widespread.. But welcome doh

Scott Gerners fell off. It's too ratchet now. I seen dudes at SG with jerseys on
sick.gif

Houston is pretty backwards, but that was the last straw. I don't live their anymore but anytime i visit home it makes me realize how backwards Texas is.

But its still my home
pimp.gif
You seen dudes at a sports bar with jersey's on
eek.gif
eek.gif

The females still be out there in flocks, Wednesdays are the best nights to go.
I'd be down for a cookout
nerd.gif

Brah, hit me up, I live by willowbrook
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if you want some good places to hoop at go to the 24 HR fitness on 249 & Jones, thats pretty much the main spot where all the good basketball players in the north go to play.

Like everyone else said, stay away from Greenspoint, Sharpstown, and Northwest mall

i'd be down for a cookout too
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Originally Posted by lebrons n jays23

lol^

I take it I'm wrong, not from Houston so I am only going by word of mouth ...

how could it dry up if pharmaceutical companies still make it?
jose your not all wrong,  you can find it, but then again you can find anything if you really know where to look.. 

drank is hard to get in houston hence the higher prices.  idk if the feds are involved like they used to but pharmacys out here get watched hardcore..

so it is hard to come by and goes for 50/ace quickly.

but yahh, i hear twin peaks is the spot..  havn't checked it out yet. 

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

sick.gif

But its still my home
pimp.gif
You seen dudes at a sports bar with jersey's on
eek.gif
eek.gif

The females still be out there in flocks, Wednesdays are the best nights to go.
I'd be down for a cookout
nerd.gif
im down to host, but id prefer sooner than later...gotta find a job and what not now that im here, so i dont have long before i gotgta get down to it...
if you guys dont mind the drive, ill host, bbq and whatever...beers and all that...if so lets make something official, pm me or just make a sub post here..

Originally Posted by lebrons n jays23

I've been here for two years and I'm just now starting to see the city... I have no clue what's out here

This... plus where is Fetish?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

I take it I'm wrong, not from Houston so I am only going by word of mouth ...

how could it dry up if pharmaceutical companies still make it?
jose your not all wrong,  you can find it, but then again you can find anything if you really know where to look.. 

drank is hard to get in houston hence the higher prices.  idk if the feds are involved like they used to but pharmacys out here get watched hardcore..

so it is hard to come by and goes for 50/ace quickly.

but yahh, i hear twin peaks is the spot..  havn't checked it out yet. 
its more expensive and cut up...i wouldnt mess with it anymore 

The Skybar just reopened, it's on Fannin. Both of Scott Gertner's spots are on point.
pimp.gif

As already mentioned for hoops go to the Fonde or the UH rec center, good comp there.

Mai's & Breakfast Klub.
pimp.gif
also go to a Astros or a Dynamo game, tickets dirt cheap this year.

Back
Top Bottom