How did you stop your habit of buying sneakers?

I'm pretty interested in seeing everyone's collection in the general section.

I wear Jack Purcells + Chucks on the daily, but in terms of "heat" I only have:

- Nike OG Air Jordan 1985 Is
- Nike Dunk SB Huf Highs
- Nike Dunk SB Bocas

For me tho, for NYCers to still cop kicks is a norm. It was never a hype, just more of a dress code. Styles change and what not, but no one who was raised in the hood in NYC cant tell me that they havent been rocking sneakers before they knew what the term "sneaker-head" meant.

For me tho, for NYCers to still cop kicks is a norm. It was never a hype, just more of a dress code. Styles change and what not, but no one who was raised in the hood in NYC cant tell me that they havent been rocking sneakers before they knew what the term "sneaker-head" meant.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

x2

x2

Turned 21 and decided to start dressing like a girl. Now I buy boots. Pairs and pairs and pairs of boots. And some heels. Not as necessary when you're 5'11.

But I didn't really stop the habit, just switched it to more grown up footwear. I still waste just as much money on it lol. Only I daresay being a boothead is pricier than being a shoehead.
laugh.gif

Turned 21 and decided to start dressing like a girl. Now I buy boots. Pairs and pairs and pairs of boots. And some heels. Not as necessary when you're 5'11.

But I didn't really stop the habit, just switched it to more grown up footwear. I still waste just as much money on it lol. Only I daresay being a boothead is pricier than being a shoehead.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

i stopped looking through the jb/nike/retro forum.

but i started looking through it again. ;x
I don't, only if I need to look up info.

I have always browsed highsnobiety even after I sold off a lot of my @%+% due to simping like an idiot for an ungrateful girlfriend in 2007.

I picked up 2 pairs from TheCoolShoeShine last Black Friday, copped Guccis,unfuturas,HUFs and koston eS at a skateshop the same day, and it picked up from there . Now my closet is looking too damn brolic
laugh.gif

I've mainly picked up older @%+%, mostly pink boxes and so on that I sold back in the day or missed out on.

By the same token I must admit that I rock a steady rotation of regulars, many don't see the light of day. I back out at the last minute for whatever reason
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And no, I don't collect and do not call me a sneakerhead
alien.gif

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

i stopped looking through the jb/nike/retro forum.

but i started looking through it again. ;x
I don't, only if I need to look up info.

I have always browsed highsnobiety even after I sold off a lot of my @%+% due to simping like an idiot for an ungrateful girlfriend in 2007.

I picked up 2 pairs from TheCoolShoeShine last Black Friday, copped Guccis,unfuturas,HUFs and koston eS at a skateshop the same day, and it picked up from there . Now my closet is looking too damn brolic
laugh.gif

I've mainly picked up older @%+%, mostly pink boxes and so on that I sold back in the day or missed out on.

By the same token I must admit that I rock a steady rotation of regulars, many don't see the light of day. I back out at the last minute for whatever reason
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And no, I don't collect and do not call me a sneakerhead
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

I've never bought any shoe for someone else to admire, so this has allowed me to buy what it is that I want to buy, with it never becoming more than it is. I play ball in ALL of my hoops kicks, while never collecting. I've always found that to be a waste of space. When I am in casual mode, I only wear Reeboks and Pumas anyway, as this fits my daily casual wardrobe.

I know that when I stop balling, the whole sneaker thing will come to a screaching halt.

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

I've never bought any shoe for someone else to admire, so this has allowed me to buy what it is that I want to buy, with it never becoming more than it is. I play ball in ALL of my hoops kicks, while never collecting. I've always found that to be a waste of space. When I am in casual mode, I only wear Reeboks and Pumas anyway, as this fits my daily casual wardrobe.

I know that when I stop balling, the whole sneaker thing will come to a screaching halt.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

x2
yep

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

x2
yep

As a freshman in college, now I see just how much I need to slow down. Even at 18, I feel as though I need to slow down. I pick and choose which kicks I want now, and I can see myself every year from here on getting less and less kicks.

In high school, I wore J's, air maxes, etc. every day. Now in college, flip flops to class are the regular so that has made me slow down a lot. (Although I am really working towards the preheats, and the Cool grey 11's in december are a must)

The older you get, the less time you have to wear your kicks,and it becomes pointless to have so many.

As a freshman in college, now I see just how much I need to slow down. Even at 18, I feel as though I need to slow down. I pick and choose which kicks I want now, and I can see myself every year from here on getting less and less kicks.

In high school, I wore J's, air maxes, etc. every day. Now in college, flip flops to class are the regular so that has made me slow down a lot. (Although I am really working towards the preheats, and the Cool grey 11's in december are a must)

The older you get, the less time you have to wear your kicks,and it becomes pointless to have so many.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Poor quality in the new Nikes/Jordans and found better stuff to buy.
Same with me. Back in high school, it was a must to cop the newest Jordans/shoes but now shoes sit on the shelves for a min and they'll eventually go on sale or I'm able to get some kind of discount/hookup for them, no rush to buy them.

I'm still young and definately slowed down but I haven't stopped. I should start pushing a few sneakers out, really need a new TV because I'm stuck with one that has a built-in VCR still and football/basketball season is on 
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

Hows the Market place here on NT, never sold on here before.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Poor quality in the new Nikes/Jordans and found better stuff to buy.
Same with me. Back in high school, it was a must to cop the newest Jordans/shoes but now shoes sit on the shelves for a min and they'll eventually go on sale or I'm able to get some kind of discount/hookup for them, no rush to buy them.

I'm still young and definately slowed down but I haven't stopped. I should start pushing a few sneakers out, really need a new TV because I'm stuck with one that has a built-in VCR still and football/basketball season is on 
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

Hows the Market place here on NT, never sold on here before.

Back
Top Bottom