How Do You Like Your Sushi? [PICS INCLUDED] *Page 1 Update.

i like the simple california roll.

not sushi but.. spam musubi
pimp.gif

How do you make sushi?
I'd like to learn some good California Roll recipes.

How do you make sushi?
I'd like to learn some good California Roll recipes.

When we used to do California rolls we put in pickled radish, egg (fried and cut into strips) and this airy dried pork (not sure what you would call it in english). Pickled ginger is also a MUST.

When we used to do California rolls we put in pickled radish, egg (fried and cut into strips) and this airy dried pork (not sure what you would call it in english). Pickled ginger is also a MUST.

Originally Posted by limonyfresh

How do you prepare pickled ginger? Also is it commonly used in California rolls?

Originally Posted by limonyfresh

How do you prepare pickled ginger? Also is it commonly used in California rolls?

Pickled Ginger is to re-up the taste buds.. it rids taste, and opens your palet up to the next roll/peice... I usually order like 5 dif rolls with freinds, sushi and sashimi.. Very tasty... but rolls taste dif depending on the one you choose, so the ginger helps go from one roll to the other.. grab only a small piece of ginger each time you need.. No more is necessary

Pickled Ginger is to re-up the taste buds.. it rids taste, and opens your palet up to the next roll/peice... I usually order like 5 dif rolls with freinds, sushi and sashimi.. Very tasty... but rolls taste dif depending on the one you choose, so the ginger helps go from one roll to the other.. grab only a small piece of ginger each time you need.. No more is necessary

OH I thought you put the pickled ginger into the roll...
I only plan on making a california roll.

OH I thought you put the pickled ginger into the roll...
I only plan on making a california roll.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by Buscape

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

closest ill ever get to sushi is fried catfish im not experimental when it comes to food at all
Missing out dawg.
This.

All this talk about sushi is making me crave for some. And some sashimi as well.
laugh.gif

Just get the freshest ingredients you can (hell, if you can get a live fish yourself or have a live fish killed for you do that)

QFT.

Sushi is only good when fresh. The sushi in Japan is on a whole different level of freshness.
pimp.gif

As for the soy sauce, I only lightly dip in it. Too much soy sauce can be
sick.gif

I read about this restaurant that cuts the fish IN FRONT of you
eek.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by Buscape

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

closest ill ever get to sushi is fried catfish im not experimental when it comes to food at all
Missing out dawg.
This.

All this talk about sushi is making me crave for some. And some sashimi as well.
laugh.gif

Just get the freshest ingredients you can (hell, if you can get a live fish yourself or have a live fish killed for you do that)

QFT.

Sushi is only good when fresh. The sushi in Japan is on a whole different level of freshness.
pimp.gif

As for the soy sauce, I only lightly dip in it. Too much soy sauce can be
sick.gif

I read about this restaurant that cuts the fish IN FRONT of you
eek.gif

First attempt:

Shrimp tempura joint with cucumber, avocado, carrots, mango and that sriracha/mayo sauce. I will get the Japanese mayo net time, I plan on making Nigirizushi with salmon next and will post pics. I think my biggest problem was getting a good rice/ingredient ratio but by my third roll I think I did a good job.

Back
Top Bottom