How Do You Washington Wizards fans feel about Javelle McGee?

btk

wats the deal on this guy, is he always playing on some trying too hard steez?

wats the deal on this guy, is he always playing on some trying too hard steez?

He takes more pride in blocking a shot, or trying to dunk from the free throw line in a Live game situation than he does winning. 
I.E He blocked either Bosh or Wade a few times and instead of running the floor he stood their and stared at the guy he blocked.. 

He plays on one of the worst teams in the league, and celebrates like he is on the best.
laugh.gif

He takes more pride in blocking a shot, or trying to dunk from the free throw line in a Live game situation than he does winning. 
I.E He blocked either Bosh or Wade a few times and instead of running the floor he stood their and stared at the guy he blocked.. 

He plays on one of the worst teams in the league, and celebrates like he is on the best.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2heavencent0

laugh.gif

This. 
laugh.gif

Over the summer, he needs to study tapes of Tyson Chandler.  He had a hell of a run in March and he's continued his good play since.  As Wizards fans, we've been teased by his immense potential since he's been drafted.  We keep waiting for the dude to "figure it out."  There have been flashes, but no consistency.  Next year is gonna be huge for him.  He's gotta show that he's a key building block in the future of the team.  Personally, I like the kid.  He does need to cut down the antics after making a block etc., but he cares.  That's more than I can say about Blatche.  Honestly, if Blatche is off the roster, I don't see why Javale can't average somethink like 13/9/3 next year.  I hate seeing those two on the court together.  Something about that pairing just doesn't work. 

laugh.gif

This. 
laugh.gif

Over the summer, he needs to study tapes of Tyson Chandler.  He had a hell of a run in March and he's continued his good play since.  As Wizards fans, we've been teased by his immense potential since he's been drafted.  We keep waiting for the dude to "figure it out."  There have been flashes, but no consistency.  Next year is gonna be huge for him.  He's gotta show that he's a key building block in the future of the team.  Personally, I like the kid.  He does need to cut down the antics after making a block etc., but he cares.  That's more than I can say about Blatche.  Honestly, if Blatche is off the roster, I don't see why Javale can't average somethink like 13/9/3 next year.  I hate seeing those two on the court together.  Something about that pairing just doesn't work. 

Good or bad he's fun to watch. The anticipation of him doing something that's gonna be epic or an epic fail nightly makes him worth seeing. As a wizards fan I gotta find some reason to watch

Good or bad he's fun to watch. The anticipation of him doing something that's gonna be epic or an epic fail nightly makes him worth seeing. As a wizards fan I gotta find some reason to watch

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

This. 
laugh.gif

he needs to study tyson's defense and lamarcus aldridge's offense. theres no reason why a guy like javale is playing 1 on 1 at the high post and shooting up a fadeaway.

also he has to stop trying to bring the ball up the court
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This. 
laugh.gif

he needs to study tyson's defense and lamarcus aldridge's offense. theres no reason why a guy like javale is playing 1 on 1 at the high post and shooting up a fadeaway.

also he has to stop trying to bring the ball up the court
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This. 
laugh.gif

Probably because their combined basketball IQ is close to zero. 
laugh.gif

Javale has all the tools to be an elite defender, but he needs coaching more than anything else. He has no discipline on defense whatsoever, will bite on any fake, go for every block, and forget to box out. His offense is terrible; I'd love it if Hakeem or someone worked with him on post moves, footwork, defensive reads, and becoming more fluid on offense. Needs to get in the gym and work on his base too, he gets pushed off the spot way too easily, and struggles to back people down. I also like the kid though; great potential, and he does play hard.

laugh.gif

This. 
laugh.gif

Probably because their combined basketball IQ is close to zero. 
laugh.gif

Javale has all the tools to be an elite defender, but he needs coaching more than anything else. He has no discipline on defense whatsoever, will bite on any fake, go for every block, and forget to box out. His offense is terrible; I'd love it if Hakeem or someone worked with him on post moves, footwork, defensive reads, and becoming more fluid on offense. Needs to get in the gym and work on his base too, he gets pushed off the spot way too easily, and struggles to back people down. I also like the kid though; great potential, and he does play hard.

Yeah I think he needs to fly to Houston this summer and work with Hakeem as well. For a good month, just immerse himself in that knowledge.

Yeah I think he needs to fly to Houston this summer and work with Hakeem as well. For a good month, just immerse himself in that knowledge.

He needs to be as far away from Andray Blatche as possible. He will be a good player, doing more than he is currently doing getting by on athletism alone. Maturity will help his game more than most people. Keep him, Wall, maybe Crawford with his good contract and gut the team.

He needs to be as far away from Andray Blatche as possible. He will be a good player, doing more than he is currently doing getting by on athletism alone. Maturity will help his game more than most people. Keep him, Wall, maybe Crawford with his good contract and gut the team.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

He has a .89 Basketball IQ....so he fits right in! 

Keep Wall and McGee....Gut the entire squad.

Jordan Crawford is a good component to the team, future wise IMO.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

He has a .89 Basketball IQ....so he fits right in! 

Keep Wall and McGee....Gut the entire squad.

Jordan Crawford is a good component to the team, future wise IMO.

laugh.gif

This. 
laugh.gif

The Shadow Room agrees with you.

laugh.gif

This. 
laugh.gif

The Shadow Room agrees with you.

The Wizards should keep Crawford, McGee, Wall, and Young and give dueces to the rest of the team especially Blatche & Lewis.

The Wizards should keep Crawford, McGee, Wall, and Young and give dueces to the rest of the team especially Blatche & Lewis.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Back
Top Bottom