How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

This show comes on too early man. I dont like having to watch stuff after the fact.

I tried giving this show a chance, couldn't do it. Ted is insufferable as a main character and the jokes are corny as hell. Its better then the Big Bang Theory but that's not saying much

The filler episodes, while to be expected, are killing me. I'm hoping the home stretch of this season looks nothing like this. I really want this show to end on a well, legendary note.

When the entire season will take place over the course of a weekend, we're going to get "filler" episodes.

I tried giving this show a chance, couldn't do it. Ted is insufferable as a main character and the jokes are corny as hell. Its better then the Big Bang Theory but that's not saying much

It's meant to be corny.

You joined in too late. >D

If Ted meets the "mother" on the series finale, I've wasted my time catching up to this point :smh: :lol:

When the entire season will take place over the course of a weekend, we're going to get "filler" episodes.

i was just thinking this during last nights episode, i was really hoping the entire season wasnt going to be leading up to the wedding

Good point. I expected filler but I was hoping it was going to come in the form of cutaways. Himym works best when it's not so linear and it plays around with time with a lot of back and forth going on between short scenes. The show has had a more traditional sitcom format as of late.

Tonight's episode wasn't that good :stoneface: but yup, it's expected to see filler episodes.

Last edited:
I just caught up with Season 8 this weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially since they shifted more to Barney and Robin than Ted.

This though..

How are we defining "filler"? If they deal with Robin and Ted stuff then it's just rehashing old material... tonight we had Barney unsure of how to pick sides between his future wife and family.. that's an actual plot I'd say. Plus it set up a future storyline between Robin and Barney's mom. And the wedding present/thank you note might not have moved the plot forward but it was classic HIMYM with flashbacks and slowly revealing more and more (like how Ted was hinting about the card at the same time)

Is it just filler if we don't see the mother?

Last edited:
another filler episode. I just want Ted to meet his wife already :smh:

The only highlight of the season was seeing Marshall in Packers gear :lol:

Ted meets his wife at the train station after the wedding which will probably be in the last few episodes if not the last episode

You chose....... POORLY
laugh.gif
. I NEED a gif of that with the text at the bottom. People who are on TV show tumblrs hook that up please.

I caught up with this season on Sunday and I'm throughly enjoying it "filler" or not.

Last edited:
Tonight should technically be considered "filler" as well since nothing really happened :lol: but it's funny so who cares.

We all want to get to know the mother, but the season is still young, there's going to be plenty of times for that.

Ted's choosing poorly over and over again was great. The "Wedding at Bernie's" idea was great. Lily having Sherri Shepherd's voice was funny. Good episode.

Lol the preview for next weeks episode even made fun of the show. " get with the mother already!"

Back
Top Bottom