How is Cam'ron not considered a Hip Hop Legend?

Also there are many types of legends... There are state legends (Proof in Michigan), Regional Legends, Country Legends, International Legends (Pac, Biggie,Jay-Z, Kanye and everyone's favorite 50)

Originally Posted by Essential1

so Fat Joe was in a legendary group that doesn't make him a legend... John Salley was on a bunch of championship teams he wasn't a legend...... Not
everyone on the Wu is a legend... There is a difference from being a part of something Legendary and actually yourself being Legendary...

Revoke your self-proclaimed PhD in hip hop, probably got it from Clyve Davis....

Why are you still posting though ? Fat Joe's first 3 solo albums are part of what I was talking about, but apparently that went over your head. Don'tbe mad though, there's still time to register for summer classes. I'll hook you up with that NT discount, and I'm teaching hip-hop 101 this year.

and yeah, Percee, Arty = State legends. Sean Price = National Legend. Cam is debatable.

Originally Posted by M16

so Fat Joe was in a legendary group that doesn't make him a legend... John Salley was on a bunch of championship teams he wasn't a legend...... Not
everyone on the Wu is a legend... There is a difference from being a part of something Legendary and actually yourself being Legendary...

Revoke your self-proclaimed PhD in hip hop, probably got it from Clyve Davis....

Why are you still posting though ? Fat Joe's first 3 solo albums are part of what I was talking about, but apparently that went over your head. Don't be mad though, there's still time to register for summer classes. I'll hook you up with that NT discount, and I'm teaching hip-hop 101 this year.

and yeah, Percee, Arty = State legends. Sean Price = National Legend. Cam is debatable.
Yeah and his album catalog is not worth mentioning.. Dude's biggest song he was outshinned. He was worst in every group, and was not evenclose to best on his own label... At least Cam was best on his own label.

Originally Posted by M16

Why are you still posting though ? Fat Joe's first 3 solo albums are part of what I was talking about, but apparently that went over your head. Don't be mad though, there's still time to register for summer classes. I'll hook you up with that NT discount, and I'm teaching hip-hop 101 this year.

Yeah and his album catalog is not worth mentioning..

I'm done here.

Essential1 wrote:
M16 wrote:
Cam is legendary because of his role in the mid-late 90's NYC hip hop. This is exactly the same for Arty, Percee and Sean P.

eek.gif
Cam really had no role in mid to late 90's NYC hip hop.. 6 names that controlled mid to late 90s NYC hip hop; Jay-Z, DMX, Nas, Pun, Biggy and L Cam didn't have a huge influence until he signed to Roc-a-fella

Btw Fat Joe is a legend now?
indifferent.gif
G-Unit was a big group is Tony Yayo a legend?
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

let's not get outta control here....MEB I was rocking with you but the points IllPhil made are true...sounds like dude's you listed with Cam are morelike "NY underground Legends"...

I still say Cam is a legend for what he has done for the game....he's more than puters puting and shooters shooting I mean this @@%++ been doing this %!%%for a long time....before Horse and Carriage he was a monster....all his albums are consistent some better than others but I could throw any Cam album in andlet it bump....I mean we didn't even really get on the Dips...this was like a hostile takeover...these dudes was taking over radio stations, the mixtapecircuit was on smash, albums were crack....we all remember hearing Purple Haze and I Really Mean It for the first time come on now....and what about what Camdid himself to the mixtape circuit...dude's old Clue freestyles were shut the block down material...

Again I understand this is all opinionated...but I got Cam>DMX, Fat Joe, and obviously Yayo....and Cam did have an even greater influence in Hip Hop afterhe signed to the ROC but in the mid to late 90's we all still knew who Cam was....all the dude's named, Pun, BIG, Jay, Nas, DMX...he got songs withthese cats in that era....how was he not relevant and influential?!?

Overall Cam IMO is a legend in hip hop.....

C-Rayz Walz has been around for almost 10 years or so, there's nothing new about him.

Originally Posted by zube42

C-Rayz Walz has been around for almost 10 years or so, there's nothing new about him.

He's been around for a while but most of his releases have only been recent. He's still new compared to Percee P. Another example is Vakill, who alsowent to Percee P to co-sign when he was new. Same with JMT after they first got a record deal to Chung King studios here in NYC. Em was around Percee when hewas new, so was Fat Joe, Lord Finesse and other DITC members. He's iconic and nothing short of legendary.

Originally Posted by SupremeKlientele456

amongst legends cam us highly underrated....but if were saying cam is a legend then Nore must be a legend too

Nore def not legend. STOP. he had 1 hit single dat i liked. "WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHA-WHAT!"
laugh.gif
. Is Paid In Full the song that made Rakim a legend? someone school me on whyRakim is considered a legend in Hip Hop/Rap. ( Whole Story Please)

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by SupremeKlientele456

amongst legends cam us highly underrated....but if were saying cam is a legend then Nore must be a legend too

Nore def not legend. STOP. he had 1 hit single dat i liked. "WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHA-WHAT!"
laugh.gif
. Is Paid In Full the song that made Rakim a legend? someone school me on why Rakim is considered a legend in Hip Hop/Rap. ( Whole Story Please)
Paid in full is the album that made him a legend and what some(myself included) consider the GOAT. Not much of an explanation is needed. Listento rap before and after P.I.F. and you'll see the impact he made. Other mc's (Big, Jay,Nas) were ahead of they're time (by months), Ra was aheadof his peers by years.

Originally Posted by M16

DipsetGeneral wrote: Is Paid In Full the song that made Rakim a legend? someone school me on why Rakim is considered a legend in Hip Hop/Rap. ( Whole Story Please)

Wow.

Here you go though: http://www.musicianguide....es/1608003973/Rakim.html download his discography while your at it.
word....this man paved the way for everyone's favorite rapper.....no question
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ra was ahead of his peers by years.
and his peers saw this and ran with it....a lot was changed in Hip Hop once dude's heard Rakim spit....effortless breath control FTW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cam is definitely a legend... all the careers he helped launch, all the trends hes started, not to mention his street cred... pretty hard to dispute. unless ofcourse your a hater.

Cam is a certified lyricist and a cultural icon, but he will not go down as a hip hop legend. "Legend" status is given to those few and far inbetween. For me, hes a legend in his own right because I eff's with anything he puts out
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

On another note, imagine how much better Cam would have been if he fully immersed himself into rhyming for his whole career because long time fans like myselfknow that he never did.

This thread is actually worse than the Fat Joe got street cred/is he a legend thread just cuz it got so off course with other dudes. According to a lot of youfoolish dudes Ny done produced near a 100 legendary Mcs
laugh.gif

Just cuz a rapper might have 1 classic and a great album they legends?

Back
Top Bottom