How many of y'all have to put on a suit for work? vol. Cube life

I like how the business people in Hawaii and some parts of Miami dress. They wear those ugly, light shirts. Must be nice and comfortable.

i work for an accounting firm and it is stressed to us to be "more dressed" than the client

in some cases, i go with the full suit (mostly for meetings with the CEO/CFO) but most of the time i'm in slacks and a tie - no jacket.

I'm currently at work in some beat up charcoal 7's , black puma sweats, and a older Oregon hoody. In the summer replace the sweats for basketball shorts. :nthat:

Where I work there isnt a formal dress code but its encouraged that we keep a somewhat professional appearance. I stick to khakis and a collared shirt. Still rock my kicks tho :pimp:

I'm a broker on Wall St. I have to wear a suit and tie every day of the week. It's not bad, but I'd at least prefer Casual Friday.

Monday through Friday, I wear dress pants, a shirt and tie. It's a professional setting so I dress accordingly.

Last edited:
I'm currently at work in some beat up charcoal 7's , black puma sweats, and a older Oregon hoody. In the summer replace the sweats for basketball shorts. :nthat:

:pimp: I'm rocking something similar. Black sweats, old LRG shirt, beat up Dub Zeros. No dambs given. I work in a small office so dress code is lax.

I rather rock a suit or business casual everyday though. Only clothes I own are sweats, basketball shorts, and suits/business casual anyways.

a collared shirt and khakis for me..except blue jean or purple fridays :pimp:

Only wear suits to the interviews :lol:

im glad i dont have to wear a tie. the jacket part, i honestly wouldnt mind.

slacks + button up collared shirt for me M-Th

casual friday? shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops. the weather is always nice in socal.

I can't wait work somewhere where I have to wear a tie

gonna be stuntin proper

i work in government and it's casual everyday. I'm overdressed if i come in with a dresshirt and dress pants/shoes

I work for the gov't, when I first started back in '07 I was always dressed to the T with shirt, tie, dress pants crewneck and v neck sweaters. After about two years and seeing how I was one of 3 or 4 guys who dressed like that, I slowed down. Nobody really dresses up, some even come in jeans and regular shirts men and woman. Now I'm simply sweaters, dress pants, and laofers in the winter. Polo shirs and kakis in spring and summer.

I came to MD from NYC, there I worked for JP MOrgan Chase so you already know it was suits everyday.

Last edited:
I want to wear a suit
embarassed.gif

No Job
frown.gif
same here 
frown.gif

but hopefully i'll land a job where i might wear one, don't like wearing them but i do feel good, the attention you get from bomb ladies 
nthat.gif

Only wear a suit when I'm on the bench. 8 times a year for 2 days....

Supposed to be tie, shirt, slacks and no gym shoes.

I steady wear no tie, button shirt and running shoes (bad knees). The old regime used to be suits all the time, but the new guy don't care.

But those 16 days I do wear a suit I feel like a BAWSE.

For those young guys that are interviewing, even if you get a dog crap suit, pay and get it tailored well. Don't compound the problem.

I am not working right now (attorney), but part of the the thing i love about the career i chose is ill suit up errrday.

when i started law school i had never owned a suit, but you needed it for stuff like class and events. it sparked like a whole new love mang.

i needed to get new clothes and i was forced to think about stuff i never thought about before. dope belts, fly ties, cool/funky socks.

i love that **** now man, i've never gotten more compliments in any "fly" clothes than i do when i put on that suit man.

It's business casual where I work but we started up suit Mondays and tie Tuesdays(by we I mean myself and one other person) we also have casual Fridays but men can't wear t shirts and one day I wore Jordans to work and got told flashy sneakers are frowned upon.

My suit game is pathetic, I wish I was on some Barney Stinson steez

Where do y'all be working at where you can rock sweats?

Am I not gonna lie, I hate wearing suits...especially during DC's humid *** summers.

Back
Top Bottom