How many of y'all have to put on a suit for work? vol. Cube life

I work for L.A. County, so business casual(pants, collard shirt, dress shoes) is as dressy as we need to be.

Suits are only for meetings with big-wigs at city hall.

I used to work at a library where I would rock some cargo shorts and some crispy III's :smh:

I think a lot of it has to do with geographic location as well as industry culture.

I'm on the west coast (casual) and work at a software company (uber-casual). If someone comes in to interview wearing a suit and/or tie, it's a 98% fail rate. Today I wore Levis, Lebron 9 Low Easters.... but I also had a collared shirt so someone asked if I was interviewing somewhere else :lol: :lol:

I work at NASA in greenbelt....relaxed business casual lol. I can wear jeans every day. I wear khakis most of the week with a button down or polo....untucked.

Friday i wear jeans...just because it puts me in a more relaxed mindset.
What is your thought process when it comes to tucking/not tucking in your shirt?

If I wear khaki's, I tuck my shirt in. But you don't understand how hard it is for me to do that man. Especially when I FIRST started doing it. And older male told me a LONG time ago that I have to "fit in." It used to PAIN me to do it because I felt like a female dog because I was dressing like Y-T.

I had a job at a law firm and I got written up because I didn't tuck my shirt in on casual Fridays. The thing is we could wear jeans so there was NO WAY I was tucking in a shirt with jeans. So I just never wore jeans after that. I wasn't tucking a damn shirt in with Jeans. LOL

I work in scrubs, some of my fellow therapists, the older ones, dress up under their lab coats, I want to do it, but im afraid ill get my nice clothes all splattered in either blood, crap, pee or mucus....so i rather stick to wearing scrubs, like i have for the past 9 years, like i said before, 3 years ago i started doing wedding photography and thats where i go in....i love dressing up to shoot weddings. 8)

how can yu guys not like suiting up bros??...its pretty fun to play around with colors and fabrics, to those saying the heat is the reason they dont like suiting up, get a suit meant for the summer, light fabrics, i can almost guarantee that those who hate suits, is probably because they never took the time to get one tailored to the right measurements, no exclusive sneaker or dope jersey or expensive jeans can ever give you that feel good feeling a suit gives you when you look at yourself in the mirror, at least IMO.

I work in scrubs, some of my fellow therapists, the older ones, dress up under their lab coats, I want to do it, but im afraid ill get my nice clothes all splattered in either blood, crap, pee or mucus....so i rather stick to wearing scrubs, like i have for the past 9 years, like i said before, 3 years ago i started doing wedding photography and thats where i go in....i love dressing up to shoot weddings. 8)

how can yu guys not like suiting up bros??...its pretty fun to play around with colors and fabrics, to those saying the heat is the reason they dont like suiting up, get a suit meant for the summer, light fabrics, i can almost guarantee that those who hate suits, is probably because they never took the time to get one tailored to the right measurements, no exclusive sneaker or dope jersey or expensive jeans can ever give you that feel good feeling a suit gives you when you look at yourself in the mirror, at least IMO.

Because I just flat out don't like it. If you do, do you, but that's not me.

And you come off pompous and arrogant as hell turn it down a notch.

Because I just flat out don't like it. If you do, do you, but that's not me.

And you come off pompous and arrogant as hell turn it down a notch.

how so, im not being arrogant, im just asking you guys why dont you guys like to take time and invest in your appearance??

please explain how im coming off as pompous/arrogant?

I mean you say it if you can't possibly see why folks don't like doing it.

It takes a while to get dressed.
It takes a while to get undressed.
Sometimes you get hot with all of those layers.
I can never REALLY be comfortable (physically) when I have "nice" clothes on.

I work in media advertising and so far, none. I think putting on a sport coat blazer on with some dark wash jeans would be the closest I've ever gotten to dressing up at work.

shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops. the weather is always nice in socal.

this is my everyday during summer :pimp:

weather has been weird lately so I just wear jeans + hoodies/sweaters.

no dress code ftw.

it takes no more than 5 minutes to put on a suit, shirt and tie
it takes less to take everything off
thats understandable, but like i said there are many different fabrics
dont eem know what that means.

it takes no more than 5 minutes to put on a suit, shirt and tie
it takes less to take everything off
thats understandable, but like i said there are many different fabrics
dont eem know what that means.
It still takes MORE time to do it than "regular" clothes.

People don't feel like putting in more effort than they have to.

So like I said, if you really have to ask why folks don't feel like being bothered with suits you are refusing to use common sense.

DC just answered that question.

so someone makes a thread, "How many of you guys put ketchup on your fries" a bunch of NTers say they dont and i say "how can you guys not like drenching your fries in ketchup bros" thats me being arrogant???....gimmie a break :lol: talk about using the term loosely.

It still takes MORE time to do it than "regular" clothes.

People don't feel like putting in more effort than they have to.

So like I said, if you really have to ask why folks don't feel like being bothered with suits you are refusing to use common sense.

im not here to sway anyone, you guys are big boys and will do as you wish, no need to get offended or take what i say personal. At one point in my life i felt just the same way, ohh is too hot, ohh it takes too much time, etc...tbh i just didnt know any better, i was closed minded and i had no idea why people would tailor their clothes....once i got over that hump, I realized when it comes to attire for men, there is really nothing neater than a nice suit....if you guys could care less about personal appearence, making impressions and feel sweats and tees should be the only thing a man should own because it takes 30 seconds to put on and 2 to take off, then its cool, but from bro to bro i feel you guys are depriving yourselves from a good feeling 8)

It doesn't actually take that long to get dressed. I have side adjusters so no belts needed. Buttoning up a shirt is a few seconds. I do a double windsor and it's done in less than 30 seconds. Shoes are ~20-30 seconds.
As far as the comfort thing goes, that's probably because you're not used to it. Once you start wearing suits everyday, it will become natural and will be just as comfortable as other clothes.

To ask someone, "How could you not" is indirectly implying something is wrong for them for not doing said action.

i forget how sensitive NTers can be with words, there was nothing arrogant or pompous about my post, at leas that wasnt my intention.

You dudes don't listen.

I never said it takes a long time to get dressed.

But it still takes LONGER to get dressed in a suit than "regular" clothes.

How is that arguable?

It doesn't actually take that long to get dressed. I have side adjusters so no belts needed. Buttoning up a shirt is a few seconds. I do a double windsor and it's done in less than 30 seconds. Shoes are ~20-30 seconds.
As far as the comfort thing goes, that's probably because you're not used to it. Once you start wearing suits everyday, it will become natural and will be just as comfortable as other clothes.

and thats pretty much what im saying, if you are not used to it, i can understand why you dont like it, people suiting up is a thing of the past really unless they have to for work, but im sure if some of you guys gave it a shot, got a nice piece that fit you well, your way of thinking will change....its actually a rewarding adjustment.

im not here to sway anyone, you guys are big boys and will do as you wish, no need to get offended or take what i say personal. At one point in my life i felt just the same way, ohh is too hot, ohh it takes too much time, etc...tbh i just didnt know any better, i was closed minded and i had no idea why people would tailor their clothes....once i got over that hump, I realized when it comes to attire for men, there is really nothing neater than a nice suit....if you guys could care less about personal appearence, making impressions and feel sweats and tees should be the only thing a man should own because it takes 30 seconds to put on and 2 to take off, then its cool, but from bro to bro i feel you guys are depriving yourselves from a good feeling 8)
See why do you have to resort to bringing up sweats and t-shirts as if that is the only alternative? >D

Back
Top Bottom