How many of you are embarassed of your girlfriend?

some people dont care about looks, and truly can like a person regardless of looks, but KNOWING that everyone else thinks she's unattractive...and my question is, have any of you been in that situation?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

WOW. why would you be with them then...?

People can really like/love someone but are very self conscious. ANd they KNOW that what they have isn't really viewed as socially attractive.
then why would they be embarrassed? i cant think of something i really like especially love...that i would be embarrassed of. in that case do you really love it?

and if they got fat or have acne whatever...is it hard to have a conversation with them and express to them how you are losing your attraction? i dont know im just throwing this stuff out there.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

People can really like/love someone but are very self conscious. ANd they KNOW that what they have isn't really viewed as socially attractive.
then why would they be embarrassed? i cant think of something i really like especially love...that i would be embarrassed of. in that case do you really love it?

and if they got fat or have acne whatever...is it hard to have a conversation with them and express to them how you are losing your attraction? i dont know im just throwing this stuff out there.

You being in love with someone doesn't mean you lose touch with reality. I can love a woman but know most people wouldn't find her attractive. Or let's just say she is fat. Doesn't mean I love her any less. Just means I know she isn't what society defines as beautiful.

And yes you can really love someone and not be 100% attracted to them. How many people in this world have the luxury of being 100% attractive to their mate? Small percentage. Unless you are top notch yourself, which most people aren't.

You being in love with someone doesn't mean you lose touch with reality. I can love a woman but know most people wouldn't find her attractive. Or let's just say she is fat. Doesn't mean I love her any less. Just means I know she isn't what society defines as beautiful.

And yes you can really love someone and not be 100% attracted to them. How many people in this world have the luxury of being 100% attractive to their mate? Small percentage. Unless you are top notch yourself, which most people aren't.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

my standards are too high to ever let that happen.

hence, alone.

QFT
laugh.gif
....casual sex is one thing, but im way too shallow to wife up anyone less than a 9.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

my standards are too high to ever let that happen.

hence, alone.

QFT
laugh.gif
....casual sex is one thing, but im way too shallow to wife up anyone less than a 9.

Originally Posted by hotshots24

maybe they got fat? acne?
eyes.gif
 i dont know... 

You don't  have a real relationship if you can't talk to them and try to figure out a solution (ex  Diet or Dermatologist) ,while not being embarrassed when their working towards being better.  

Originally Posted by hotshots24

maybe they got fat? acne?
eyes.gif
 i dont know... 

You don't  have a real relationship if you can't talk to them and try to figure out a solution (ex  Diet or Dermatologist) ,while not being embarrassed when their working towards being better.  

Just because you talk to them about FIXING (process that takes times) doesn't mean you will/should be any less embarrassed by it still being an issue. She is still fat with acne, it still doesn't look good. So it will still not be a good look.

Again, that has nothing to do with the amount of love you have for a person.

Just because you talk to them about FIXING (process that takes times) doesn't mean you will/should be any less embarrassed by it still being an issue. She is still fat with acne, it still doesn't look good. So it will still not be a good look.

Again, that has nothing to do with the amount of love you have for a person.

Why would you go out with someone that makes you embarrassed ?

And as for the " I only date 9 or 10 comments" that is why your alone your too shallow

And as for the " I only date 9 or 10 comments" that is why your alone your too shallow

You don't  have a real relationship if you can't talk to them and try to figure out a solution 

Sounds good, but when it comes to matters of attraction and beauty things are hard.  I would never tell my partner attraction is fading. That conversation has potential to do some major damage.

You don't  have a real relationship if you can't talk to them and try to figure out a solution 

Sounds good, but when it comes to matters of attraction and beauty things are hard.  I would never tell my partner attraction is fading. That conversation has potential to do some major damage.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Because that person makes them HAPPY. Them making you happy doesn't translate to, "I won't be embarassed about them." If I was with Kim Kardashian and her teeth looked like some piano keys, you mean to tell me that I don't really love her or shouldn't be with her if I am embarassed when she opens her mouth around others? Come on man.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Because that person makes them HAPPY. Them making you happy doesn't translate to, "I won't be embarassed about them." If I was with Kim Kardashian and her teeth looked like some piano keys, you mean to tell me that I don't really love her or shouldn't be with her if I am embarassed when she opens her mouth around others? Come on man.

Back
Top Bottom