How many of you still believe that YOU will get married one day....? *Serious Discussion*

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

I think I will end up marrying someone who I don't really like and will spend most of my time at work. Of course I will love our kids but there wouldn't be anything special between my wife and I. we will wind up growing old together but not in love.

eek.gif

How the hell do you predict something like this for yourself?!

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

Jul 7th 2012 I will be tying the knot
pimp.gif

Dope. I'm getting married 7/1/11
Well I'm 21 and majority of yall would say Iam waaay to young and what not.

Being with the one you love all the time to me is exciting. 

I am sure yall would say yeah that will die down but I disagree.

When that person makes you happy and affirms you gives you everything you would be willing to sacrifice whatever for them.

I know marriage won't be easy but you get out what you put in it... 

Majority of people are in it for all the wrong reasons..

I'm excited. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

Jul 7th 2012 I will be tying the knot
pimp.gif

Dope. I'm getting married 7/1/11
Well I'm 21 and majority of yall would say Iam waaay to young and what not.

Being with the one you love all the time to me is exciting. 

I am sure yall would say yeah that will die down but I disagree.

When that person makes you happy and affirms you gives you everything you would be willing to sacrifice whatever for them.

I know marriage won't be easy but you get out what you put in it... 

Majority of people are in it for all the wrong reasons..

I'm excited. 
grin.gif

Marriage is more for the females anyway and personally I think its a scam so no I don't why I would have to pay and sign papers to be with a chick that I want to be with for that moment in my life. $%$% that shxt

Marriage is more for the females anyway and personally I think its a scam so no I don't why I would have to pay and sign papers to be with a chick that I want to be with for that moment in my life. $%$% that shxt

I'd like to think I will get married. Just gotta find the right guy.

However, marriage isn't something that I have my heart and soul set on. (As in like some women, it's not my sole purpose in life. (You know how some women can be...)). If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

I'd like to think I will get married. Just gotta find the right guy.

However, marriage isn't something that I have my heart and soul set on. (As in like some women, it's not my sole purpose in life. (You know how some women can be...)). If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Originally Posted by pip777

I believe in marriage. "To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health" doesn't apply to most marriages these days......IMO.

Real life example:

My cousin Quincy's wife Tonya, who died a couple days ago, stuck by his side while he was in prison for drugs and shooting someone. While in prison, she was diagnosed with MS. About 4 years ago he got into a relationship with another woman and they had twin girls.(They are still together) From what I understand he's wife has been in a nursing home facility, because her condition got worse, and he never visited her since he got out of prison. If he didn't want to stick by her side in her time of illness he could've divorced her and moved on, but he just decided to do his thing and not look out for her. If I was in Tonya's shoes, I would want my spouse to help me through tough times.

I think the US has a 50% divorce rate as of now. Marriage isn't all rainbows and sunshine. I believe most people think that once the wedding ceremony and reception ends that the happiness will continue throughout the marriage. I've been told by many elders that marriage is like having a second job.......you have to continually work at it , it's stressful, and it's going to suck at times; but the rewards are worth it. Me and my girl have been together for over 4 yrs now. I believe we 'walk down the aisle' one of these days. At times it will be rough, but I know that we can work it out because we can come together and communicate if something is wrong.
your cousin Quincy ain't $!$$.

Originally Posted by pip777

I believe in marriage. "To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health" doesn't apply to most marriages these days......IMO.

Real life example:

My cousin Quincy's wife Tonya, who died a couple days ago, stuck by his side while he was in prison for drugs and shooting someone. While in prison, she was diagnosed with MS. About 4 years ago he got into a relationship with another woman and they had twin girls.(They are still together) From what I understand he's wife has been in a nursing home facility, because her condition got worse, and he never visited her since he got out of prison. If he didn't want to stick by her side in her time of illness he could've divorced her and moved on, but he just decided to do his thing and not look out for her. If I was in Tonya's shoes, I would want my spouse to help me through tough times.

I think the US has a 50% divorce rate as of now. Marriage isn't all rainbows and sunshine. I believe most people think that once the wedding ceremony and reception ends that the happiness will continue throughout the marriage. I've been told by many elders that marriage is like having a second job.......you have to continually work at it , it's stressful, and it's going to suck at times; but the rewards are worth it. Me and my girl have been together for over 4 yrs now. I believe we 'walk down the aisle' one of these days. At times it will be rough, but I know that we can work it out because we can come together and communicate if something is wrong.
your cousin Quincy ain't $!$$.

been married for 6 months and with my wife for 11 years, we've had our breaks, vie dated, she's dated...i feel confident in saying she's the one for me and me for her. I like taking care of her, loving her, i think of her siblings and parents as if they were mine and she feels the same way, there was nothing left to do but to tie the knot, although unplanned we have followed a pretty ideal road, we dated, got engaged, got married, live together and now we are planning for kids, I couldn't be happier.

a lot of dudes are content with the thought of having sex with as many women as possible, ugly, goof-looking, dirty, clean, etc doesn't matter, is a game of numbers, others don't want to settle for less, bad thing is there is no perfect woman and so they will always feel as if they were settling, till its too late and either they are forced to settle or end up lonely as ##*% because no one was ever good enough. If you find a good woman, don't dwell on the negatives, instead work on the positives, go day by day and don't worry about the future of said relationship so much, we tend to get ahead of ourselves and this ruins relationships, if you are in a good position to get married and you love each other go for it, wether you make it or not, you will never know till you go through with it.

our wedding day (probe one of the most special days of my life so far)
4781516163_e318456ed2_b.jpg

been married for 6 months and with my wife for 11 years, we've had our breaks, vie dated, she's dated...i feel confident in saying she's the one for me and me for her. I like taking care of her, loving her, i think of her siblings and parents as if they were mine and she feels the same way, there was nothing left to do but to tie the knot, although unplanned we have followed a pretty ideal road, we dated, got engaged, got married, live together and now we are planning for kids, I couldn't be happier.

a lot of dudes are content with the thought of having sex with as many women as possible, ugly, goof-looking, dirty, clean, etc doesn't matter, is a game of numbers, others don't want to settle for less, bad thing is there is no perfect woman and so they will always feel as if they were settling, till its too late and either they are forced to settle or end up lonely as ##*% because no one was ever good enough. If you find a good woman, don't dwell on the negatives, instead work on the positives, go day by day and don't worry about the future of said relationship so much, we tend to get ahead of ourselves and this ruins relationships, if you are in a good position to get married and you love each other go for it, wether you make it or not, you will never know till you go through with it.

our wedding day (probe one of the most special days of my life so far)
4781516163_e318456ed2_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom