how many vacations do yall take a year?

I take two out the country trips a year, always a 10 day trip in the summer and a week long one around the end of the year.

Throughout the year i take lil mini weekend trips, I wouldn’t call em vacations tho. I hit Vegas/La at least once a year, hit ATL twice a year...couple of music festivals during festival season etc.

usually one big one for our wedding anniversary in Dec, that's usually 10-14 days
we just did paris/london, this year will be Maui and next year I'm throwing my vote in for Japan
we do do small road trips to LA to visit family 2-3 times a year also though

3 month’s worth of vacation :wow:

Enjoy that, fam. :smokin

What places you gonna visit?

Thanks brother... it’s a mix or international & domestic trips, road trips & hiking trips throughout the year.

The tickets are already bought, so there is no turning back. But it’s...

Miami - check
Cancun - check
San Francisco - check
San Diego - check
Los Angeles - check
Japan
Korea
Hawaii
Havasupai Falls
Zion Park
Lake Tahoe
Puerto Rico
Seattle
Toronto
New York
Bahamas
Thailand
Iceland
Paris
Greece
Amsterdam

Now some of those places I’ve already been before, but I’ll be going again.

Note enough. I’m mainly self-employed so got used to taking only the occasional day off. Now my company is doing well and I take 2 weeks in the summer and other bits here and there.

I have 2 part time employed jobs too and because I’m not used to taking time off I always forget about those. Get 5 weeks for each. Last year I barely took any for one - I could roll them over so I have 8 weeks this year - basically a week a month for the rest of the year!

Awesome bro. You went to London alone? That’s exactly where’s i want to go. How was it during the day and how is the night life?
Are the people friendly?
Easy to get around. Just use the tube app on your phone. I went over the winter so I was prepared for the cold weather. Just try not to use the tube during rush hour as it's packed. People were friendly. I can't comment on the night life as much since I was too exhausted to really go out at night.

im thinking of either london, italy or spain this year...definitely want to hit up 1 of those countries just need to save up some bread... but ill be going dolo so it will be interesting to do that since i never traveled alone before :lol:

i have over 5 weeks paid time off from work this year... i can carry over 5 from last year which i did but i have 22 plus 1 floating so i have 28 days total... i already used 2 so i got 26 days but regardless even with the time off its not like i have the bread to use all those days on real vacations... im a try to go to europe and the other trip on my cousins wedding to chicago which ill try to stretch for 5 days since i never been there... the rest ill just take random days off during the summer

im thinking of either london, italy or spain this year...definitely want to hit up 1 of those countries just need to save up some bread... but ill be going dolo so it will be interesting to do that since i never traveled alone before :lol:

Stay at a hostel if you want to meet new people while traveling alone. I've made some good friends throughout the years by doing this. I always get a private room though.

For those looking to save money, I’d look up flight and hotel packages on Orbitz. From my experience, they provide great savings, especially if you book them with enough time in advance.

Towards the end of January I was looking for flights to/hotels in Egypt for March and they were some packages going from $800. Kicking myself now for not jumping on one of those, but I was waiting for others to confirm if they were down and ended up misssing out all together.

Not sure if this is a gem, but it’s worth mentioning.

For those looking to save money, I’d look up flight and hotel packages on Orbitz. From my experience, they provide great savings, especially if you book them with enough time in advance.

Towards the end of January I was looking for flights to/hotels in Egypt for March and they were some packages going from $800. Kicking myself now for not jumping on one of those, but I was waiting for others to confirm if they were down and ended up misssing out all together.

Not sure if this is a gem, but it’s worth mentioning.

Also wanted to add... Groupon is clutch! Me and Amy girl saved more traveling using Groupon than any other travel sites.

Stay at a hostel if you want to meet new people while traveling alone. I've made some good friends throughout the years by doing this. I always get a private room though.
Oh hell no, not after that movie hostel you bugging

Booked a wknd in Miami the weekend after I get home from Nashville.

JetBlue Getaway package :pimp: flight/hotel (Fontainebleau) $615 per person for my gf and I. Looking to straight up lay by the pool/beach all day, dinner at night, and that's it.

My first full year of employment after undergrad and i only took like a weekend or two off (including some off days in between -- I considered working from home as "off" days lol).

I need to really up my vacay time this year

i checked expedia its the same thing as orbitz are far as prices...but ya if you book the flight and hotel together its a decent price... the problem is spending money... i know europe their currency is superior to the US

You could easily encounter the same psychopathic strangers in a hotel lobby or bar. The people in the didn’t get kidnapped and killed in the hostel, they got kidnapped and murdered by the people they met while in a foreign country. :lol:

You could easily encounter the same psychopathic strangers in a hotel lobby or bar. The people in the didn’t get kidnapped and killed in the hostel, they got kidnapped and murdered by the people they met while in a foreign country. :lol:

Right?

I book hotels/Air B & B when I'm traveling with friends, but I usually get hostels when I'm solo, even though I can easily afford hotels. Two of my best friends are people I met in a hostel in Hong Kong, and I've made so many friends from different countries that I have a free place to stay or people to kick it with throughout much of the world.

??? You've never even been out of the country :lol: hostels in real life are just mini hotels for solo travelers

This
Plenty of legit and reputable hostels around the world
And they’re not all what ppl assume them to be.
Some offer shared rooms while others actually offer private rooms with their own showers (basically the same type of offers college housing offer)

Back
Top Bottom