How much can you bench?

Originally Posted by Prez T

dumbell press > benchpress . thats why i dont really bench press anymore

ive also switched to doing incline dumbell press first and reg second . last time i did incline press i repped 200 (100 lbs in each hand) 7x on my 3rd set (went from 180lbs first set to 190 2nd set to 200 3rd set) . not too strong but not too bad either . again im 6'1 and around 190lbs

oh and btw , for those in the north jersey area (around morris / essex county) yall need to peep out Lifetime Fitness . most unbelievable gym ive ever seen / been to
eek.gif

One thing I use to worry about is failure, whats the best way to spot someone doing incline dumbell press?

Why is the font so big?

Best way to spot someone doing an incline db press is usually with your hands under their elbows/triceps, but if they're still messing with a relativelylight weight (like 35 to 45lbs or so) and they're just struggling to balance the dumbbells I might just keep my hands near the outside of their forearmsand just kind of move their arms together when they get to a sticking point.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Why is the font so big?

Best way to spot someone doing an incline db press is usually with your hands under their elbows/triceps, but if they're still messing with a relatively light weight (like 35 to 45lbs or so) and they're just struggling to balance the dumbbells I might just keep my hands near the outside of their forearms and just kind of move their arms together when they get to a sticking point.

SO ALL THESE FRAIL NTrs AND CATS WHO THINK NUMBERS ARE DUCKTALES CAN GAIN SOME KNOWLEDGE

an youre also one who didnt get my sarcasm from before.

im sure/hope you understand what BMI (BODY MASS INDEX) is all about

im not new to this im true to this.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

prez,
how you like doing incline bench before reg? ive always done reg first but might switch it up for a change.

laugh.gif
its pretty eye opening when you first do it . when you do incline after 3 sets of reg you're starting off working your upper pecs while theyare somewhat fatigued , so when you switch the order for the first time you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much you can actually lift doing incline whenyour muscles are fresh

i changed it up because im all about balance . for me its not about being the biggest or strongest person in the world , im trying to get that Men'sFitness / Bowflex commercial body
laugh.gif
so i want my pecs to be as full and even throughout in terms of appearance and strength

edit - just read the quote al audi posted , its the exact same reason i switched

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by size twelve

this post is full of ducktales.

qft
laugh.gif
i've been going to the gym religiously for 4 months and I went from being 6'1 155lbs benching 95lbs to 190lbs (i'm currently cutting from215lbs) and benching 185lbs.

mandugai - for incline dumbell press , you can either spot by grabbing the wrists and raising them or putting your handsunder the persons elbows and pushing them up . i prefer the latter

Originally Posted by Prez T

prez,
how you like doing incline bench before reg? ive always done reg first but might switch it up for a change.

laugh.gif
its pretty eye opening when you first do it . when you do incline after 3 sets of reg you're starting off working your upper pecs while they are somewhat fatigued , so when you switch the order for the first time you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much you can actually lift doing incline when your muscles are fresh

i changed it up because im all about balance . for me its not about being the biggest or strongest person in the world , im trying to get that Men's Fitness / Bowflex commercial body
laugh.gif
so i want my pecs to be as full and even throughout in terms of appearance and strength

sorry im whorin in this thread but.............you see what he just typed

EVERYBODY TRAINS FOR A DIFFERENT GOAL

i think i got my point across, im done.

so for THE FAME who does 425.....athlete his goal was mass/power

Prez T is more of a bodybuilder routine.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

lu cash wrote:
Originally Posted by THE FAME

5'9' 200lbs
425lbs bench max.
Just came off of playing ball so my max might be a little bias to the normal person.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dont get whats so funny?
To someone who doesnt lift weights 425 may come off as alot. But trust me it isnt.
I know senior kids in highschool who can bench this with no prob.

Yeah, 425 is believable. I knew a few dudes back in high school who did that. We are grown men now.

You can tell who does and does not work out, who has never played contact sports, or who is frail by their responses. Just because you can't rep your wonbody weight, does not mean the next man can't. Grab some protein powder/vitamin supplements, get s solid routine in, set incremental goals, and call it aday.

calling Ducktales since majority of NT doesnt work out (the laziness thread will say it all)

but 5'11 190 and bench 225, thats from over 6 months of dedication and training I was benching 180 6 months to a year ago

1200th post
pimp.gif

You gained 60 lbs in 4 months? or did I read that wrong? because theres no possible way thats all muscle
laugh.gif
the nerve of dude quoting the post about this threadbeing alot of ducktales. Just from the stats he posted along its lies, 6'1 155, that means he was mad frail with a low bmi so how was he able to gain60lbs... in 4months at that.

Bench press as a measure of strength? Try wrist curls and get at me. Real big boys do them on the squat rack.

shaq_violated.jpg

jflip wrote:

Bench press as a measure of strength? Try wrist curls and get at me. Real big boys do them on the squat rack.

is this a joke?
laugh.gif

i know guys like you too...........all they do is biceps

1RM test are done with bench and squat not no #*&$*#&$ arm curl

Originally Posted by Al Audi

jflip wrote:

is this a joke?
laugh.gif

i know guys like you too...........all they do is biceps

1RM test are done with bench and squat not no #*&$*#&$ arm curl

The hell with arm curls. I said WRIST thug. Arms don't even exist in my book, just wrists and ankles. Lil elbows here and there.

Just because of that, this is what you get.

kazaam-shaq-shaquille-oneal-suns.jpg

I think he's being sarcastic.

That annoys me too though. I don't care if you use the squat rack and do 3-4 quick sets of curls or something, but some guys hog that thing forever. Dudethe other day was doing standing military presses in the power rack with 2 dimes on each side of the bar for like 7-8 sets... I was about to just try to kickhim off but the other squat rack freed up. People have no gym ettiquitte anymore.

lol my bad you did say wrist curls

bout to say.......but what you mean only wrist and ankles matter?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

lol my bad you did say wrist curls

bout to say.......but what you mean only wrist and ankles matter?
I'm just being sarcastic.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I think he's being sarcastic.

That annoys me too though. I don't care if you use the squat rack and do 3-4 quick sets of curls or something, but some guys hog that thing forever. Dude the other day was doing standing military presses in the power rack with 2 dimes on each side of the bar for like 7-8 sets... I was about to just try to kick him off but the other squat rack freed up. People have no gym ettiquitte anymore.

What part of the game is that?

Back
Top Bottom