How was the early 2000s?

Replica NBA jerseys were a huge no-no. Dudes would get fried instantly...

I mostly remember dudes getting roasted if your pants came above your ankles (aka "flooding"). That was mostly a late 90s thing though (middle school), but dudes used to get fried so bad doing that, but now that's basically a tumblr style :lol:

Never seen an authentic til college lol.

Swingmans was 2000.

Screenprinted champions were great wen i was real little.
They had that wall at sports authority with pretty much all the players.

That screenprinted iverson rookie was on everyones xmas list in 97

I still have my Shawn Kemp one like that, 1st grade 94/95 :lol:

Last edited:
Before they were called "Throwbacks"...you had to type in "Defunct jerseys" on eBay to get a result :lol:.

I remember badly wanting to order some kicks off of pickyourshoes. That customkicks type shop was hilarious looking back. Gucci, Louie & Burberry AF1 :rofl:

Oh for sure. 90s replicas are the goods. We're talking about the early 2000s here though...

U know i forgot all about those but yea yall are right lol.
I remember wen jordan came back to the wizards and dudes had tha replica. Just didnt look rite.

seen A TON of fake m&n jerseys

I still have all my 90s champion replicas.

I use them for running or the beach.

They actually fit good cuz i was a fat lil kid

Last edited:
It's funny 20 years from now, these youngins gonna be reminiscing

REMEMBER THE 20-TEENS??

Tinder was poppin! Swiping right all day! Finally gettin a match :pimp:

Girls with the fake booty trend :wow:

The drake era

Chef curry :pimp:

Lost my virginity to Netflix and chill :pimp:

Kanye :pimp:

Skinny everything and hipsters and millennials

Air B&B :pimp:

:rofl: :rofl:

Oversized jerseys>

Allen Iverson>

Frobe>

WIth that said,

Super fast internet of today>

Ultra high definition>

PS4>

Technology of today>

Xbox live was just poppin, it was easy to get the Jordan's you wanted, people didn't care and did whatever they wanted regarding fashion, people didn't get as butt hurt as often as they did now. Streetball all day, hoopin in the park until the sun went down.

IDK man, times were just different. All this flossin on instagram, people acting like they doing it with used BMWs, everyone's opinion is the end all be all now a days. Too much hatred and negativity, no originality anymore.

More real life social communication. Real talk I walk around today and try to start conversations with people and they all act scared and awkward

Hoops were great. MJ retired, you had AI, Kobe, LeBron, those 00 Lakers were something else.

Internet was too wack to spend time on it.

Music sharing = downloading all the unlreleased 2pac songs for free FINALLY.

Got all my swag from big tyga in the basement and 106 and park.

Jay-Z and Nas dropping classic albums.

Mannn.... :smokin :x :smh:

Street football....BBQ's in the summer (without people taking pictures of every damn thing). Running into your friends on the street/park/going to their house or calling them to chill or making plans in school.

Last edited:
It was easy to get the Jordan's you wanted, people didn't care and did whatever they wanted regarding fashion, people didn't get as butt hurt as often as they did now. Streetball all day, hoopin in the park until the sun went down.

IDK man, times were just different. All this flossin on instagram, people acting like they doing it with used BMWs, everyone's opinion is the end all be all now a days. Too much hatred and negativity, no originality anymore.

More real life social communication. Real talk I walk around today and try to start conversations with people and they all act scared and awkward

Hoops were great. MJ retired, you had AI, Kobe, LeBron, those 00 Lakers were something else.

Street football....BBQ's in the summer (without people taking pictures of every damn thing). Running into your friends on the street/park/going to their house or calling them to chill or making plans in school.

Agreed with all of this.

Xbox live was just poppin, it was easy to get the Jordan's you wanted, people didn't care and did whatever they wanted regarding fashion, people didn't get as butt hurt as often as they did now. Streetball all day, hoopin in the park until the sun went down.

:x take me back

Fools couldn't wait to watch all star weekend to see new color ways.

Sidekicks :pimp:

Pinwheel new era

Cornrows

"Last thing you wanted was your picture snapped."

Ja Rule, Nas, 50, Em

Dipset and rocafella

Last edited:
It's funny 20 years from now, these youngins gonna be reminiscing

REMEMBER THE 20-TEENS??

Tinder was poppin! Swiping right all day! Finally gettin a match :pimp:

Girls with the fake booty trend :wow:

The drake era

Chef curry :pimp:

Lost my virginity to Netflix and chill :pimp:

Kanye :pimp:

Skinny everything and hipsters and millennials

Air B&B :pimp:

:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :x :rofl:

I mentioned in another thread way back about the feeling of a song dropping at whatever your prom year was, compared to people in HS probably after 07 or so. I remember going nuts when Damn, Still Tippin, Never Scared, etc would come, but I can't imagine at all getting hype when Bedrock or Every Girl would come on :lol:

Last edited:
Idk why these two songs popped in my head out of nowhere.....i mean i know why.....but man compared to this new jibberesh.

Last edited:
Browsing Niketalk from my Dreamcast on my television in January 2000 after i talked da ear off a 1-800 nike operator for a hour and she gave me this site on da humble to air our my grievances :lol:

Gadzooks

Circuit City

Blockbuster

Hollywood Video

Musicland

Sam Goody

Strawberries

Zany Brainy

Electronics Boutique

Browsing Niketalk from my Dreamcast on my television in January 2000 after i talked da ear off a 1-800 nike operator for a hour and she gave me this site on da humble to air our my grievances :lol:

Wait what?

She?

NT?

who is it?!?!??!?

Man u talking 16 years ago i aint gonna remember :lol: ..thats how i found this place, i remember da XI forum before it turned to da Jordan section...no retro section, etc.

Last edited:
DC would've been the goat if it wasn't for the burning

NBA and NFL 2K, Soul Calibur >>>>
It was a bunch of different things that lead to the Dreamcast's desmise.
1. Sega was dropping 3 different systems in a 10 year period. Customers stopped buying their consoles cuz they were tired of dropping 100s on them every few years.
2. No EA support. Sega decided to do a surprise drop for the Saturn and this pissed EA off, so they made 0 games for the Dreamcast. This lead Sega to make their own sports games (the 2K series) but this came out of their own budget and really decreased profit margins.
3. The console was expensive to make. The thing came with a modem, internet, and a whole buncha different things. Having to make sports games come out of their budget didn't help them, either.
4. Sony announced the PS2. They already had a great rep with the PS1 so of course people are going to buy the PS2. Then they added that it can play DVDs as well and that just sealed the deal.
5. It came out between generations. Sega didn't exactly market the Dreamcast as a next gen console. For all consumers know, it was the same generation as the PS1. Everybody already has their PS1s and N64s. Why should they spend another couple hundred dollars on another console, especially the BS they pulled the past years?

Last edited:
DC would've been the goat if it wasn't for the burning

NBA and NFL 2K, Soul Calibur >>>>
It was a bunch of different things that lead to the Dreamcast's desmise.
1. Sega was dropping 3 different systems in a 10 year period. Customers stopped buying their consoles cuz they were tired of dropping 100s on them every few years.
2. No EA support. Sega decided to do a surprise drop for the Saturn and this pissed EA off, so they made 0 games for the Dreamcast. This lead Sega to make their own sports games (the 2K series) but this came out of their own budget and really decreased profit margins.
3. The console was expensive to make. The thing came with a modem, internet, and a whole buncha different things. Having to make sports games come out of their budget didn't help them, either.
4. Sony announced the PS2. They already had a great rep with the PS1 so of course people are going to buy the PS2. Then they added that it can play DVDs as well and that just sealed the deal.
5. It came out between generations. Sega didn't exactly market the Dreamcast as a next gen console. For all consumers know, it was the same generation as the PS1. Everybody already has their PS1s and N64s. Why should they spend another couple hundred dollars on another console, especially the BS they pulled the past years?

I knew quite few people who bought it but no one bought games bc you could just burn them

Back
Top Bottom