How was the early 2000s?

The early 2000's was a great time. If you were around 17-24 years old in 2001-2006, your life was LIT!

Last edited:
Jordan's didn't have the hype they do now. I remember like in 2004 or so that I got my first pair. The jumpman Team flow low. Good times

When buying the ACTUAL official copy CD had somewhat a meaning lol. People were still buying CD's at Sam good, coconuts, kemp mill, and etc. Also, "Rap City: Tha Basement" was when you see the newest and upcoming rappers on the scene. I remember watching Juvenile's "HA" for the first time on there and thought the track was fire(Still do). You guys might of not thought this way, but if your video hits number 1 on TRL, you video/song was a hit! I remember when "Back That Thang up" was number 1 on TRL in the summer of 99, I went crazy because I was so happy that it was number 1 lol.

This might not be as funny, but I was super shocked seeing Eminem videos on BET because BEzt really made it clear that it was "Black Entertainment" lol. So, seeing "My name is" on "BET Planet Groove" was a big shock to me lol.

Jordan's didn't have the hype they do now. I remember like in 2004 or so that I got my first pair. The jumpman Team flow low. Good times
I disagree. They had the same hype but they are SO accessible by so many people these days. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing though

Maybe it's the area I grew up in but feel like back then there was a way bigger emphasis on being "street". Like nowadays you can be a "weirdo" and it's all good. Shoutout to Pharrell for kickstarting this.

Maybe it's the area I grew up in but feel like back then there was a way bigger emphasis on being "street". Like nowadays you can be a "weirdo" and it's all good. Shoutout to Pharrell for kickstarting this.
Thats true. Being a black nerd/geek/weirdo wasn't the move. Not that they weren't there but people didn't really talk about it. Like you would have street cats buying the latest Spawn or Blade or Punisher comic (especially after Fresh) or mans running off the school bus or running home to turn on that DBZ for 8 minutes of commercials, 5 minutes of fight scene, and 18 minutes of "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH *HAIR GETS LONG/BLOND, GAINS A YELLOW SHADOW/AURA* OH YEA!?!!?? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *FOE BECOMES INVINCIBLE TO 99% OF ALL ATTACKS*

....find out on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z

:x take me back

Fools couldn't wait to watch all star weekend to see new color ways.

Sidekicks :pimp:

Pinwheel new era

Cornrows

"Last thing you wanted was your picture snapped."

Ja Rule, Nas, 50, Em

Dipset and rocafella

BRO, back when NBA players actually PLAYED in the damn all star games LOL. Like, legit trying to win it for the team. :x :smh:

Don't even watch all start weekend anymore. Also, new J's would always drop on All star weekend :smokin

Last edited:
^^^^^Thats me. I hooped, hung round the way....and loved DBZ, Yu Yu Hakasho, Ruroni Kenshin and other "nerd sht."

It just wasn't open like that. A lot of dudes were much more well rounded than it seemed on the surface level. These fake hood weirdo dudes didn't exist back then. You really had to be in the mix 4real.

Now, dudes just get colored short dreads, tats and tones....and become hipster thugs :lol:.

Speaking of tats.....people used to only have like 5 tats maximum. Being tatted all over was rare. I remember youngins giving themselves "Eraser burns" as a starter pack lol.

^^^^^Thats me. I hooped, hung round the way....and loved DBZ, Yu Yu Hakasho, Ruroni Kenshin and other "nerd sht."

It just wasn't open like that. A lot of dudes were much more well rounded than it seemed on the surface level. These fake hood weirdo dudes didn't exist back then. You really had to be in the mix 4real.

Now, dudes just get colored short dreads, tats and tones....and become hipster thugs :lol:.

Speaking of tats.....people used to only have like 5 tats maximum. Being tatted all over was rare. I remember youngins giving themselves "Eraser burns" as a starter pack lol.

View media item 2022684
My *****. Battousai, Goku and Yusuke was saving lives in the real world too.

Crazy to think we went from Iverson and 50 cent to Curry and Drake.
Have you guys actually watched Samurai X (prequel to Rurouni Kenshin)? Dude was savage AF.

Have you guys actually watched Samurai X (prequel to Rurouni Kenshin)? Dude was savage AF.

That was my sht. Raw as hell. Used to be on demand back in the day. Very realistic. What I loved about Samurai X/Ruroni Kenshin was it was low key history and educational. It Introduced me to the meji era in feudal Japan. Something I woulda had no clue about without it.

DC would've been the goat if it wasn't for the burning

NBA and NFL 2K, Soul Calibur >>>>
It was a bunch of different things that lead to the Dreamcast's desmise.
1. Sega was dropping 3 different systems in a 10 year period. Customers stopped buying their consoles cuz they were tired of dropping 100s on them every few years.
2. No EA support. Sega decided to do a surprise drop for the Saturn and this pissed EA off, so they made 0 games for the Dreamcast. This lead Sega to make their own sports games (the 2K series) but this came out of their own budget and really decreased profit margins.
3. The console was expensive to make. The thing came with a modem, internet, and a whole buncha different things. Having to make sports games come out of their budget didn't help them, either.
4. Sony announced the PS2. They already had a great rep with the PS1 so of course people are going to buy the PS2. Then they added that it can play DVDs as well and that just sealed the deal.
5. It came out between generations. Sega didn't exactly market the Dreamcast as a next gen console. For all consumers know, it was the same generation as the PS1. Everybody already has their PS1s and N64s. Why should they spend another couple hundred dollars on another console, especially the BS they pulled the past years?

Lack of DVD playback killed da Dreamcast... Cuz it sold marvelous.

Hell da Sega Saturn OWNED da PlayStation in Japan.

Last edited:

Thanks for reminding me, copped after I googled whose grave Himura visited in Kyoto. Was going to rewatch the whole series but started Tenchi Muyo instead :smh:

My tmail had couple of nudes with that pink filter from the trash sk camera. Also the GTA trilogy was goat.

This is completely false. Sega released the Dreamcast cuz the Saturn was a failure.
The Dreamcast sold well its first year. After Sony announced the PS2 sales plummetted. The PS1 and 2 completely killed its competition, sales wise. Hell, they're the #2 and 3 best selling consoles of all time after the Wii.

This is completely false. Sega released the Dreamcast cuz the Saturn was a failure.

Only in da United States... Because of a Gaff in Sega's US executive brass talking bout "da Saturn is not our future". Which pissed of EA, and other developers.

In Japan? Da Saturn outsold PlayStation by a whole lot.

American Sega Executives handcuffed alot of da best games from being released in da US because they didn't wanna portray da Saturn as a 2D machine...

Da Dreamcast was a reverse failure... HUGE in da United States but flopped in Japan because PS2 announced a DVD play back and undercut da console.

Only in da United States... Because of a Gaff in Sega's US executive brass talking bout "da Saturn is not our future". Which pissed of EA, and other developers.

In Japan? Da Saturn outsold PlayStation by a whole lot.

American Sega Executives handcuffed alot of da best games from being released in da US because they didn't wanna portray da Saturn as a 2D machine...

Da Dreamcast was a reverse failure... HUGE in da United States but flopped in Japan because PS2 announced a DVD play back and undercut da console.
Like I said, the Dreamcast only sold well in its first year and after that sales tanked. Not playing DVDs played a part in killing the Dreamcast but was it the biggest? No, otherwise the Gamecube would have failed too. It was really Sega and Sony's image that ultimately killed the Dreamcast.

My cousin was nice with burning cd's, had a booklet filled with bootleg dreamcast games and mad music. I asked him to burn some songs on some mixtape ****, he ain't even check if the songs were valid from limewire, I got a bunch of them Bill Clinton ads.

I was always making mixes with limewire for people in my school. Messed up my computer so many times lol

Back
Top Bottom