How was the early 2000s?

When Destiny Child (Beyonce) had all the shawties wanting a thug. Chicks used to run around screaming "i like them low top caesars with the deep waves"

Blockbuster use to be the spot. Use to run up in there and grab all kinds of Playstation & N64 games. Them clowns use to charge all kinds of fees though. I bet all of us owe them money lol. I also remember when Blockbuster started to fade away in North Mississippi when Movie Gallery came around. They had way better prices.

Remember when we had to put up with VCRs. All that rewinding and fast forwarding just to get the the scenes you wanted to watch. Also getting blank VCR tapes to record your favorite cartoons/shows. I use to record all of the Royal Rumbles. Use to love getting those orange Nickelodeon VCR tapes.

When Destiny Child (Beyonce) had all the shawties wanting a thug. Chicks used to run around screaming "i like them low top caesars with the deep waves"

Blockbuster use to be the spot. Use to run up in there and grab all kinds of Playstation & N64 games. Them clowns use to charge all kinds of fees though. I bet all of us owe them money lol. I also remember when Blockbuster started to fade away in North Mississippi when Movie Gallery came around. They had way better prices.

Remember when we had to put up with VCRs. All that rewinding and fast forwarding just to get the the scenes you wanted to watch. Also getting blank VCR tapes to record your favorite cartoons/shows. I use to record all of the Royal Rumbles. Use to love getting those orange Nickelodeon VCR tapes.

In da 2000's? :lol: naw b.

OP that's when EVERYTHING changed. Maybe if we were talking about anything pre 9/11 then yeah life was a breeze. If you were an immigrant in the states around that time you were kind of ****ed. But yea besides that biking around the block with the neighborhood hooligans was done daily. Exploring other sides of town on our bikes. Come home for dinner and some toonami DBZ

I was in highschool during the early 2000'. When cell phones were starting to be a lot more accessible. Where you could go to the mall to holla at some honeys and give them
Your number and go over on your minutes to get it cut off. Lol. house party's . What a time to be alive. I

OP that's when EVERYTHING changed. Maybe if we were talking about anything pre 9/11 then yeah life was a breeze. If you were an immigrant in the states around that time you were kind of ****ed. But yea besides that biking around the block with the neighborhood hooligans was done daily. Exploring other sides of town on our bikes. Come home for dinner and some toonami DBZ
. Man :smh: somebody build a damn time machine already.

Somebody stole my lac (next bmx in candy green with the pegs ) :pimp:

The huffy also :pimp:

Parents getting pissed because you filling up that big *** super soaker
Maybe it's the area I grew up in but feel like back then there was a way bigger emphasis on being "street". Like nowadays you can be a "weirdo" and it's all good. Shoutout to Pharrell for kickstarting this.

Thats true. Being a black nerd/geek/weirdo wasn't the move. Not that they weren't there but people didn't really talk about it. Like you would have street cats buying the latest Spawn or Blade or Punisher comic (especially after Fresh) or mans running off the school bus or running home to turn on that DBZ for 8 minutes of commercials, 5 minutes of fight scene, and 18 minutes of "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH *HAIR GETS LONG/BLOND, GAINS A YELLOW SHADOW/AURA* OH YEA!?!!?? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *FOE BECOMES INVINCIBLE TO 99% OF ALL ATTACKS*

....find out on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z
**** I seen that coming during the kid buu fight :lol:

Lol wait VCR takes weren't in the 2000s? Oops mybad lol. Hell I still got a few in my storage room.
Yea, VCRS didn't DIE forreal until like 2003.

Dvds were around but everyone hadn't moved on yet

PS2 brought DVD into my household.

I remember my pops said he didnt like DVDs because of the letter boxing. "Why isnt it showing on the whole screen?" :lol:

Low key, that was the trick.

To illustrate how early 2000's was def in middle of that awkward transition between old and new tech,

this is in the very first Fast & Furious movie that was filmed in 2001 :rofl:

That actually does remind me back then how every time there was a commercial about a movie being released onto dvd, it used to be "Now available on VHS and DVD" or etc.

View media item 2023532

Last edited:
PS2 brought DVD into my household.

I remember my pops said he didnt like DVDs because of the letter boxing. "Why isnt it showing on the whole screen?" :lol:

Low key, that was the trick.
Why was that done anyway? Letterbox

My cousin was nice with burning cd's, had a booklet filled with bootleg dreamcast games and mad music. I asked him to burn some songs on some mixtape ****, he ain't even check if the songs were valid from limewire, I got a bunch of them Bill Clinton ads.

My fellow Americans...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Passes used to get handed out like candy for those. Damn near died of dehydration running through a whole site.

Back
Top Bottom