HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

I hope with the recent retro of the Huaraches, Nike will retro the Huarache Lights.

2014 and 2015 Retro

20210406_184000.jpg
Please Nike release the lights again. I enjoy my pair and would love another

Same man. I remember when I bought these, I was a broke college student. Store near me had them and I said eff it and bought them. Had $25 left after. No regrets lol. I just hope when they retro them, they get the toe right. 2015 release had a huge toebox

Same man. I remember when I bought these, I was a broke college student. Store near me had them and I said eff it and bought them. Had $25 left after. No regrets lol. I just hope when they retro them, they get the toe right. 2015 release had a huge toebox

I made a post about this quite some time ago in this thread, but not THAT long ago:

The Lights are a perfect example of how, more than any other line in Nike history, the Huarache has been evolved into almost everything Nike does today. It just doesn't get the credit, because marketing decided somewhere along the way that the name didn't mean anything to most people and even worse, was difficult for people to figure out how to pronounce (my theory, anyway, as to the why). Look at the Lights: What makes it a Huarache? A one-piece dynamic upper, regardless of whether or not there are layers of other material on top of it, which the original Huarache design language tried to strip away as much as possible with cutouts in the overlays to expose the neoprene "sock" behind it. But that sock-like design ethos is seen now on literally countless Nikes, from signature knit bball shoes to lifestyle shoes to running shoes to everything in between. The freaking Huarache is actually the core of Nike's lineup, and no one even realizes or talks about it. And the idea is used by all the other companies, as well. Along with Air, the Huarache concept from Tinker has had by FAR the longest legs of anything in the sneaker industry.
EDIT: The Presto is another example. Like that shoe is not a Huarache lol

Last edited:
AD21 are my forever grail but being a sz13 I’ve never had a chance regardless of how much $$$ I’d be willing to pay.

at this point a retro is my only hope.

In 14/15’ when they retrod the lites I copped 4 pairs of the ultramarines for under 60$ All time great colorway imo

I remember your initial post. You aint never lied. I remember when the Ultra Boost first came out I thought to myself, “This is just a knit Presto.” That whole sock upper motif is forever.

AD21 are my forever grail but being a sz13 I’ve never had a chance regardless of how much $$$ I’d be willing to pay.

at this point a retro is my only hope.

In 14/15’ when they retrod the lites I copped 4 pairs of the ultramarines for under 60$ All time great colorway imo
even if you did find a size 13 it's not likely wearable

I also like Light Bursts better than the regular Lights. They should have a new retro but then we get the small bubbles.

They also have thread

I made a post about this quite some time ago in this thread, but not THAT long ago:

The Lights are a perfect example of how, more than any other line in Nike history, the Huarache has been evolved into almost everything Nike does today. It just doesn't get the credit, because marketing decided somewhere along the way that the name didn't mean anything to most people and even worse, was difficult for people to figure out how to pronounce (my theory, anyway, as to the why). Look at the Lights: What makes it a Huarache? A one-piece dynamic upper, regardless of whether or not there are layers of other material on top of it, which the original Huarache design language tried to strip away as much as possible with cutouts in the overlays to expose the neoprene "sock" behind it. But that sock-like design ethos is seen now on literally countless Nikes, from signature knit bball shoes to lifestyle shoes to running shoes to everything in between. The freaking Huarache is actually the core of Nike's lineup, and no one even realizes or talks about it. And the idea is used by all the other companies, as well. Along with Air, the Huarache concept from Tinker has had by FAR the longest legs of anything in the sneaker industry.
I agree too, I think we talked about it earlier in the thread. I feel like Huarache would have been bigger than the Air Max line right now because that whole sock-like shoe is the zeitgeist for every company and has been for years. Even down to the shoes at Walmart.

But I think I know why they went away. Most of Nikes shoes got bulkier after the mid 90s. By bulkier, I mean size not weight. The basketball line got bulkier with the air max shoes and even the lighter shoes were bulky but still light. (they even stopped making the LWP line)

Running shoes got bulkier. (Air Max 95 and on)
Cross trainers definitely go bulkier.

I don't think they started slimming down and simplifying again for a few years, that could be why they abandoned the Huarache.

Is that the Punch colorway? I received my 2 Scream greens from Sneaker Politics, went true to size and I’m happy with the fit. They are very soft and have a great over all build and shape. I never half size up and wear a 10.5 so I questioned these. The only shoe that I should have went a half size up was Lebron 9 and even those just fit on the tight side. My problem is width when it comes to size and these I have no issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom