HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

gentry delivering the bad news 
mean.gif

i need those green and golds in my collection.

It seems odd that they'd do a euro-only release for such a basic retro like this.

Hopefully, they're here by summer.

It looks like Gentry (or someone close to him) follows Niketalk.com, because his convo regarding the Huarache US release has been deleted.  That was fast!  

Gentry's a herb.  That's why I didn't take any chances with this release.  Sometimes you have to pay to get what you want.

HS shipped this morning. Chose the snail mail from CT, so it'll be awhile before I see those pairs.

Chances are the guys crying weren't even paying attention to this shoe until after the release. Can't even feel bad for ya.

HS shipped this morning. Chose the snail mail from CT, so it'll be awhile before I see those pairs.

Chances are the guys crying weren't even paying attention to this shoe until after the release. Can't even feel bad for ya.

You do know they're still available, right? :smh:

People have a problem with paying astronomical prices for kicks that should be released here.

^

Yes, for ridiculous prices. Those of us that we're following it only paid ~$120 shipped for each shoe. Like I said, if you missed out at those prices it was only because you didn't start paying attention to the release until after the drop. For that reason, I don't feel bad for anyone that is crying.

Last edited:
I paid a lil more just to get separate shipments as opposed to hoping to slide by customs, lol.  For these shoes (namely the blue/pink), it was worth it to me.

WG assured me that my orders are straight though so I'll wait.

Now to impatiently wait for these beauties.

nike-air-huarache-scream-green.jpg

You do know they're still available, right?
mean.gif

People have a problem with paying astronomical prices for kicks that should be released here.
But there's absolutely nothing astronomical about $240 shipped from the UK for TWO pairs of shoes.  

Dudes drop almost that much on 1 pair of LBJs, Jordans, etc.  If people were paying attention, they could've gotten these from the UK instead of having to pay that crazy Euro markup.  Granted, you had to be camping out at your computer to do so, but this wasn't a very hard release to get if you were paying attention.  

But there's absolutely nothing astronomical about $240 shipped from the UK for TWO pairs of shoes.  

Dudes drop almost that much on 1 pair of LBJs, Jordans, etc.  If people were paying attention, they could've gotten these from the UK instead of having to pay that crazy Euro markup.  Granted, you had to be camping out at your computer to do so, but this wasn't a very hard release to get if you were paying attention.  

The thing is people let the world tell them what is worth putting in any effort to get. The sneaker community tells a noob it's okay to spend days e-camping for Corks and that if they miss out, it's okay to pay 3 times retail for them. But, it doesn't tell them it's okay to expend any effort to acquire any shoe outside the cool kids table.

They also don't want to pay anything for a shoe that they can't resell for equal or greater value rather easily... because half these kids essentially rent their sneakers.

Now, I'm not going to lie. I missed the UK drop - was stuck at work and it slipped my mind despite having received the promo emails from size, etc. Hell, I helped one of my NT dudes on where to grab his pair at the best price, but missed my own. And, frankly, I'm also not going to pay $200 per pair. One of the lessons my many years of this has taught me is that almost nothing here is actually urgent. ...I've lived 30+ years without this shoe, 6 more months won't matter. I'll find the right deal or trade sometime down the line. Nasir got it wrong for the sneaker world, it is not sleep, but rather thirst, that is the actual cousin of death!

Last edited:

LOL at astronomical prices being $120-$125 a shoe. Keep it moving as the salt burn drops.

I think they were referring to the prices of the sites that still have them as being "astronomical."

I honestly missed out myself cause I figures the UK markup would be crazy.. Idk. 240 for both shoes isn't bad at all. To those that copped for about 240 for 2, how's you go about doing so?

I received my pair of the blue/pinks and I'm happy with them. The leather quality is decent (by Nike standards) and they're really comfy. My true size is 11 and I got an 11.5 which fits well. I probably could have gone a full size up and still been fine.

:lol: @ some of ya'll acting out in here. Stop that.

"I'm also not going to pay $200 per pair"

^My man BIP got it right here.

$240 for BOTH pairs is definitely NOT a big deal for these,but a little over $200 for ONE pair (which is pretty much the price in my size that NONE of the places I checked out had)... PLUS shipping? No sir.

Yeah... sometimes you DO have to pay for the things you want (as someone mentioned and trust me... as a record collector... I KNOW this to be true),but sometimes you have to look at what it is you want and ask yourself... "does this item REALLY justify the price tag that's been placed on it?".

To the folks posting links and assisting others and all that good stuff... :pimp: much respect because you're not obligated to do that but you do it anyway.

LOL at astronomical prices being $120-$125 a shoe. Keep it moving as the salt burn drops.

I have pairs of the last release, what exactly am I salty about. I have the money to spend if I choose too.

^

Yes, for ridiculous prices. Those of us that we're following it only paid ~$120 shipped for each shoe. Like I said, if you missed out at those prices it was only because you didn't start paying attention to the release until after the drop. For that reason, I don't feel bad for anyone that is crying.

Some of you really are making this in to some sort of competition, like you actually accomplished something. :lol:

If people wanted the sneakers, they'd get them. They aren't Paranorman foams.

Some of you really need to get over yourselves and get lives.

Dudes are really up here bragging because they got some sneakers. They don't even do that in the JB section. How old are you dudes :lol:

Guys please lets not let this thread turn into something that goes on in the jordan thread , let's just help each other out here to get some pairs

^

Some of you really are making this in to some sort of competition, like you actually accomplished something. :lol:

If people wanted the sneakers, they'd get them. They aren't Paranorman foams.

Some of you really need to get over yourselves and get lives.

Dudes are really up here bragging because they got some sneakers. They don't even do that in the JB section. How old are you dudes :lol:

Who is bragging?

My original post was that the guys crying more than likely didn't pay attention to this release until after the drop. Everyone had several opportunities to pick them up for a great price, so if you are crying about them not releasing here and how you missed out, then you probably weren't paying attention to the shoe before the drop.

I don't understand why you caught feelings. But hey, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Last edited:
Nobody is crying. Have you read the replies? Go read one of the Royal Jordan I threads. That's crying. This doesn't come anywhere close.

Some of you are making this in to something it's not in order to boost your egos.

^

How does purchasing something boost your ego?

Stop trying to apply your rationale for making purchases onto others.

Back
Top Bottom